SAM SURRIDGE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting take. He’s not actually scored 20
Champiionship goals in his career, he’s on 17, from 86 games.
If he’s available I hope we’re not spending any transfer budget on him.

Upgrade? Really? He’s never produced what Ollie has, at the level he has regardless of your opinion on Mcburnie’s performances.
yes i actually do think hes an upgrade on mcburnie so we will agree to disagree on that one bob

I'd also bring him in if it was sensible but I doubt it would be less than £10m given his age.
Maybe if we could flog Jebbison this Summer (final year of his deal) it would go some way towards funding it.

As you say, at least then we'd have an asset on our books for next season that's fairly capable.

As things stand we'll only have Brewster contracted this time next year and we all know how reliable he's been.
Just playing devil advocate here…

Would we be better investing £5m of that 10m in a 5yr £20k contract for Jebbo and investing the rest elsewhere?

When I’ve seen surrige he seems ok, bit of a McB type - and we have 1, we need the poacher, Billy, Brewster? Etc

But at 24 is there much development left?
whereas Jebbo has 5 years on him

At 24 your kinda buying 80% the finished article

Never hit double figure, even for Yeovil or oldham
017–2018Yeovil Town (loan)41(8)
2018–2019Oldham Athletic (loan)15(8)
2019–2020Swansea City (loan)21(5)
2021–2022Stoke City20(2)
2022–Nottingham Forest37(8)
Wouldn’t be averse to him been here, if we had a £60m budget, but this lad isn’t where we need to spend 50% of our budget imo

Just playing devil advocate here…

Would we be better investing £5m of that 10m in a 5yr £20k contract for Jebbo and investing the rest elsewhere?

When I’ve seen surrige he seems ok, bit of a McB type - and we have 1, we need the poacher, Billy, Brewster? Etc

But at 24 is there much development left?
whereas Jebbo has 5 years on him

At 24 your kinda buying 80% the finished article

Never hit double figure, even for Yeovil or oldham
017–2018Yeovil Town (loan)41(8)
2018–2019Oldham Athletic (loan)15(8)
2019–2020Swansea City (loan)21(5)
2021–2022Stoke City20(2)
2022–Nottingham Forest37(8)
Wouldn’t be averse to him been here, if we had a £60m budget, but this lad isn’t where we need to spend 50% of our budget imo

The answer to your hypothetical question is, yes.

Problem is, Jebbison and agent will know that once they become free agents they'll get offers far bigger than anything we can offer.

Can't ever see his name without thinking there's a T missing.

That's Joe Lolley though not Surridge I think?! Sorry if someone was meaning to refer to Lolley anyway!

I wouldn't have minded Surridge either but I wonder if Forest just won't sell to us for their fringe players. Also we already have a similar player in McBurnie and maybe Hecky wants different types of forward, i.e a Cameron Archer type as we don't have an out an out number 9 at the minute.

That's Joe Lolley though not Surridge I think?! Sorry if someone was meaning to refer to Lolley anyway!

I wouldn't have minded Surridge either but I wonder if Forest just won't sell to us for their fringe players. Also we already have a similar player in McBurnie and maybe Hecky wants different types of forward, i.e a Cameron Archer type as we don't have an out an out number 9 at the minute.

It's Surridge giving the answers. The picture of Lolley is used as he mentioned him in one of the answers

I really hate it when players we’re not interested in sign for someone else.

Truly gutted when Messi signed for Miami.

It's Surridge giving the answers. The picture of Lolley is used as he mentioned him in one of the answers
Oh right, fair enough Roy! Living in Sheffield is enough for anyone to realise that the world is not flat! 😄 ;)

Loved playing with these jumbo bats, good for hitting boundaries.

I always had Duncan Fearnley bats. Would go down to his place in Worcester and pick one out. He had a few heavier bats that didn't go to general sale. One visit I got to see the bats he made for Viv, heavy beasts they were, and 3 grips on the handle.

Back
Top Bottom