SAM SURRIDGE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Worth a thread.
A striker who rarely scores. But can sh!thouse until the cows come home. Would be useful tall striker back up to McBenzema - but probably on muchos ££££££s so file it under never going to happen.

I would have thought this is highly possible. If we were in the market for such a player. Brewster's injury lay off will probably dictate whether we need a striker.

McBurnie's form negates the need but he's a really decent CF and if we can sign him we should strongly consider it

It is very apparent we have no alternative to McBurnie.

Not a bad shout.

Not started a game all season

6 MONTH Loan Gerim in
Not quite true he did start in the EFL Cup game at Grimsby.

Has been on the bench in all but one game (Bournemouth H) and came on as a sub in six games.

I do like him as a player gets into dangerous positions and can score goals at Championship level.

Hecky should tickle Coopers bollox and see if he fancys letting him go out on loan.

Despite wanking over 21 new recruits, Forest fans rate Surridge and claim he's the best finisher at the club.

With Brewster now joining Jebbison as being likely to be out for a few months, we're down to Sharp & McBurnire up front again.
We know these two have also had fitness issues and are unlikely to remain unscathed for long so we're looking light all of a sudden.
I wouldn't be against covering ourselves with another player up there.

Unless we have any outgoings I'm not expecting much in January.

We might be able to manage a loan perhaps, otherwise wouldnt be surprised to see Osula recalled.

This said come January Jebbison may well be fit, and it all depends on Brewsters injury and how bad a grade the hamstring pull is.
Chance he could be back in Jan, could be nearer the end than the start.

Unless we have any outgoings I'm not expecting much in January.

We might be able to manage a loan perhaps, otherwise wouldnt be surprised to see Osula recalled.

This said come January Jebbison may well be fit, and it all depends on Brewsters injury and how bad a grade the hamstring pull is.
Chance he could be back in Jan, could be nearer the end than the start.
No no no. Please don't ruin Osula's development by recalling him back to our stands. Did wonders for Jebbison...

I'm trying to think of a better (realistic) January loan signing to be cover/rotate up front...

Admittedly I've not thought very hard yet. But Surridge was very good when he joined Forest last season, he really helped them get up.

Cameron Archer (Villa) is the only other I can think of. Different style strikers. TBF if Rhian was out for the season (hopefully not), we could push to get both in).

Last edited:

Surridge is a good shout to be fair but can't see the Florist fucks doing us any favours.....they probably blame us for spunking £30m plus on a b-tec version of MGW

I think we'll struggle to get a loan signing in of that caliber. Mainly because we already have McBurnie, Brewster and Sharp for two positions.
Loanees want guaranteed game time.

I think we'll struggle to get a loan signing in of that caliber. Mainly because we already have McBurnie, Brewster and Sharp for two positions.

Hogan and Madine weren't when we went up a couple of years ago.

Similarly, Hanson started most, but not all, games when we went up from League 1.

On both occasions, we got the extra firepower in for the second half of the season, and it paid dividends.

Erm, they would be guaranteed game time. Brewster is injured and probably out for some time and Billy should only be doing 5/10 minute cameos at most. And with Oli Mac carrying a hernia injury that might not be healed by the time the World Cup break is over we don't have any strikers in reality. At least 1 striker/forward player is an absolute must for January, if not 2 and of the highest caliber available.

Hogan and Madine weren't when we went up a couple of years ago.

Similarly, Hanson started most, but not all, games when we went up from League 1.

On both occasions, we got the extra firepower in for the second half of the season, and it paid dividends.

Touché.

If he's available (and I don't think he will be) then he'd be the right sort of signing. Big lad, links play pretty well, mobile and a good finisher, also has recent promotion experience.
You'd assume he must live locally(ish) to Sheffield.

He's not exactly prolific, but I think we'll struggle to attract anyone that is given they'd have to compete / rotate with McBurnie and Ndiaye (two of the league's best).

Definitely would be a step in the right direction if we could send Khadra back and get someone of Surridge's sort of level in.
Just find it hard to imagine them letting him go ... unless they bring more in.

If he's available (and I don't think he will be) then he'd be the right sort of signing. Big lad, links play pretty well, mobile and a good finisher, also has recent promotion experience.
You'd assume he must live locally(ish) to Sheffield.

He's not exactly prolific, but I think we'll struggle to attract anyone that is given they'd have to compete / rotate with McBurnie and Ndiaye (two of the league's best).

Definitely would be a step in the right direction if we could send Khadra back and get someone of Surridge's sort of level in.
Just find it hard to imagine them letting him go ... unless they bring more in.
no its doubtful forest would let him go with their current position but he is the exact type of striker we need physical leads the line well and chips in with a few goals i actually think the decision has already been made by hecky to sacrifice khadra and use his salary for this type of striker to come in it might also not happen till late in the window depending on movement at other clubs

Can’t see those scrotes giving us any favours in our bid for promotion.

no its doubtful forest would let him go with their current position but he is the exact type of striker we need physical leads the line well and chips in with a few goals i actually think the decision has already been made by hecky to sacrifice khadra and use his salary for this type of striker to come in it might also not happen till late in the window depending on movement at other clubs

I think he might be struggling to convince the Board to let him sign anybody, even with the release of Khadra.

Felt like he was trying to send a message to the Board after the Blackpool game, firstly by leaving him out of the squad all together and then by saying words to the effect of "there's no point in letting him go if I can't bring anybody in..."
Seemed to be a bit of frustration there.

Back
Top Bottom