Salty salty goodness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Likewise - our results against the top 6 are not likely to be the deciding factor in whether we stay up or not - and that has to be the aim whether we like it or not...
Exactly, any and I mean any points off , city , United , Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal would be a bonus
Our fight is from 10 down for points

A "wednesday mate" at work said well done and then informed me that this would be only our fifth season in the premier league and they have had seven apparently. ... Don't know if it's true though?

It's not true. It would be our fourth, and they've had eight. They are MASSIVE, and it must be a huge comfort to them.

Found this stuck to my monitor when i arrived to work this morning. Hilarious.
Keep hold of that pal and this time next year give it back to the bellend with the correct scores on. Put a tenner on it just in case hes right , and rub the money in his piggy snout.

I haven’t got any piggy mates. I don’t pretend to hate them. I actually do. I only tolerated them when I lived in Sheffield. Since I moved, I’ve not kept in contact with a single pig.

I was best man to a Wednesday fan. We had a long chat about both our clubs on Friday – he was quite reasonable to be honest. I’m sure he’s not the only one.

First thing I got was that they’d took 5000 to Preston for a meaningless game. Didn’t even want to acknowledge the fact we’re now a premier league club

.... perhaps had a nice tea party -

In The Apprentice the WINNERS get the big boozey day out and the LOSERS get sent to a greasy spoon cafe for a tea party. Seems that's what's happen in Sheffield

Likewise - our results against the top 6 are not likely to be the deciding factor in whether we stay up or not - and that has to be the aim whether we like it or not...
Bang on attitude SOB

“You May have won promotion but Wilder is a bitter classless twat. He just had to say ‘this city is ours’ at the end of his interview. Wanker”.... said one to me this morning.
Yes because you haven’t been giving it large or mentioned ‘this city is ours’ for 6 consecutive years have you? Right up until we came steamrolling past you and shit on a league you thought we’d be down by Christmas in.
First rule of ‘banter’......
Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it. Now take your football and fuck off home you mardy arse tossers

:D

Parachute payments may seem unfair but then one could argue that it constitutes prize money for actual sporting achievement and thus is probably one of the only "fair" sources of revenue in the game. Any team, in principle, can access parachute payments by winning games of football. Meanwhile, a staggeringly wealthy businessman who sets up shell companies to funnel extra sponsorship money to one specific club, irrespective of whether that club achieves anything on the pitch, could be considered by cynics as the very definition of unfair.

Bra-fucking-vo, that man.

Found this stuck to my monitor when i arrived to work this morning. Hilarious.

What does he hold the pen with, a fucking claw?

Edit: trotter, definitely a trotter.

Best way to answer them is to point them in the direction of "one of their own" videos and see how they treat "one of their own" - CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO at 6:00 minutes in to hear a what a Wendy fan shouts at Westwood:

A coworker of mine who is a Villa fan:

'Enjoy it while you can, no way your staying up like we will.'

I just flipped him off and said, 'Have to win the playoffs first dumbass.'

Nothing remarkable from any Wednesday fans I know but I don't work in Sheffield and I only have two mates who are Wednesday fans and to be fair they were gracious but what can they say?! I did have a read on Owlstalk to have a laugh at their expense and found this golden nugget of a post!

I’m not jealous at all, honestly I’m not.

It hurts to see the Blunts get something we’ve been close to getting before us, but it’s a heck of a mixed blessing tbf.

Yes the money is amazing for securing the club financially...in theory. In reality, you have to spank most of it trying and failing to stay up, then jizz the rest on massive wages for disillusioned half-arsed players the year after.

Boring seasons with little chance of much real joy outside the top 6, even madder prices for pies and kits, makeshift teams of wandering mercenaries cobbled together in a panic who you’re then lumbered with for two to three years...ugh, I always want Wednesday to ‘succeed’ but I don’t half enjoy the Champ. I’d genuinely feel really conflicted about finally ‘making it’ to the ‘promised land’.

Obviously it remains the goal, otherwise why bother with any of it, what’s the motivation? The players want it and understandably so, that’s the big motivation that keeps them fighting. For the fans? Yes, brief bragging rights. Yes, world-class players tearing you to bits. But proper highs and lows? Wet Tuesday nights at Ipswich? Month-long arguments over decisions without VAR? Honestly I’d miss more than I’d look forward to.

Selfish and small-minded and unambitious, maybe. But the Prem is basically gash in all but status.

Priceless stuff! What this Wednesday fan fails to mention is that our 2019/20 season ticket price is cheaper than theirs and yet they play in a league below!

Nothing remarkable from any Wednesday fans I know but I don't work in Sheffield and I only have two mates who are Wednesday fans and to be fair they were gracious but what can they say?! I did have a read on Owlstalk to have a laugh at their expense and found this golden nugget of a post!

I’m not jealous at all, honestly I’m not.

It hurts to see the Blunts get something we’ve been close to getting before us, but it’s a heck of a mixed blessing tbf.

Yes the money is amazing for securing the club financially...in theory. In reality, you have to spank most of it trying and failing to stay up, then jizz the rest on massive wages for disillusioned half-arsed players the year after.

Boring seasons with little chance of much real joy outside the top 6, even madder prices for pies and kits, makeshift teams of wandering mercenaries cobbled together in a panic who you’re then lumbered with for two to three years...ugh, I always want Wednesday to ‘succeed’ but I don’t half enjoy the Champ. I’d genuinely feel really conflicted about finally ‘making it’ to the ‘promised land’.

Obviously it remains the goal, otherwise why bother with any of it, what’s the motivation? The players want it and understandably so, that’s the big motivation that keeps them fighting. For the fans? Yes, brief bragging rights. Yes, world-class players tearing you to bits. But proper highs and lows? Wet Tuesday nights at Ipswich? Month-long arguments over decisions without VAR? Honestly I’d miss more than I’d look forward to.

Selfish and small-minded and unambitious, maybe. But the Prem is basically gash in all but status.

Priceless stuff! What this Wednesday fan fails to mention is that our 2019/20 season ticket price is cheaper than theirs and yet they play in a league below!

Based on that nugget of Wendy wisdom, let’s not bother going up then eh?

It’s like lusting after a lass and then when your mate starts shagging her you claim she’s ugly anyway.

It’s like lusting after a lass and then when your mate starts shagging her you claim she’s ugly anyway.

Very true! Of course, the song we're on our way which Wednesday used to sign (stolen from Birmingham City by the way) is presumably meant for celebrating their way to mid-table nothingness!

I wonder if we'll get this gem on RS tonight as I heard previously:
'I think United will stay in the premiership for 4 seasons...<pause for effect> summer, autumn, winter and spring,' met with absolute airwave silence so starts repeating after 3 seconds, presenter cuts in 'yeah OK I think we got it'.

I loved this unexpected saltiness at work:

"...I'm going to re-watch S*FC vs Wigan from the final day of the premier league season to look forward to what will be happening next season.

Yes, I am very bitter and I wont congratulate you as it has been a terrible season with mediocre teams top to bottom. "

Don't normally like to think of people feeling pain, but in their case.....just loving it. As someone else said, Wilder has hurt them, he has hurt them so badly he may have destroyed that club single handedly, they are beside themselves to the point where they cannot even think reasonably. I just love this club at the minute.

I loved this unexpected saltiness at work:

"...I'm going to re-watch S*FC vs Wigan from the final day of the premier league season to look forward to what will be happening next season.

Yes, I am very bitter and I wont congratulate you as it has been a terrible season with mediocre teams top to bottom. "
Yeah, mediocre season. And they still finished mid table.

Nothing remarkable from any Wednesday fans I know but I don't work in Sheffield and I only have two mates who are Wednesday fans and to be fair they were gracious but what can they say?! I did have a read on Owlstalk to have a laugh at their expense and found this golden nugget of a post!"QUOTE]

I’m not jealous at all, honestly I’m

You mean like you muppets have in the Championship?

Boring seasons with little chance of much real joy outside the top 6, even madder prices for pies and kits, makeshift teams of wandering mercenaries cobbled together in a panic who you’re then lumbered with for two to three years...ugh,

Again, see above!!

I always want Wednesday to ‘succeed’ but I don’t half enjoy the Champ. I’d genuinely feel really conflicted about finally ‘making it’ to the ‘promised land’.

Oh yeah, genuinely... of course, certain...waaawwww.... Mummy!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom