S2 and Bladesmad end of season awards

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just gonna bump this. Over 50 votes have been cast thus far. If no-one else comments than I'll have the results by Sunday

There is a 'end of season awards' thread already on both sites but as S2 and Bladesmad are the 2 most popular forums I thought it would be interesting to combine the two. As someone who posts on both boards I will collect the votes and hopefully we will have a definitive outlook of the opinions of Blades fans on The Net.

If this proves popular then I will have the results ready by the last game of the season. Anyway the categories are....

1.Player Of The Season-Harry McGuire
2.Young Player Of The Season-Stefan Scoogal
3.Most Improved Player-Jamie Murphy
4.Best Signing-Nigel Clough
5.Best Team Performance Of The Season-Winning away to Villa in the cup
6.Best Single Performance From A Player -Murphy at home to Forest
7.Best Single Moment Of The Season-Leading 2-1 in the FA Cup semi at half time
8.Best Goal Of The Season-Davies Freekick v peterborough
9.Best Away Day-Bristol City (cos i was there)
10.Worst Away Day-Crewe
11.Worst Team Performance Of The Season-Losing at Home to MK dons
12.Worst Signing-David Weir
13.Worst Single Performance From A Player-Fabian Brandy vs MK dons
14.Most Disappointing player-Fabian Brandy
15.Worst Single Moment Of The Season-Being bottom of the league
16.Worst Player-Marlon King

I'll count the votes already made on existing threads

1.Player Of The Season. Harry Maguire. Was one of the very few players not shamed by some abysmal performances early season, and grew in stature towards the end of the season.
2.Young Player Of The Season: Doesn't seem right to name Harry Maguire as he has over 160 games under his belt and is already an experience pro, so i will go with Conor Coady who has developed well and improved a lot in his time at the Lane.
3.Most Improved Player. Jamie Murphy. Hard to believe that a spineless, talentless player who i wanted sending back to Scotland has developed in to an exciting, and talented winger who is one of our best players.
4.Best Signing. Stefan Scougall. Think we have only seen glimpses of what he is capable of. Mark my words, the best signing this club has made in years.
5.Best Team Performance Of The Season. Peterborough at home. In charge of the match from start to finish. Played some great football, and should have easily won by more against a side who have done well this season.
6.Best Single Performance From A Player. Harry Maguire v Rotherham. Superbly lead the youngest team i have seen play for the Blades to a win against an in-form team who was expecting to trounce a team of reserve players.
7.Best Single Moment Of The Season. Shaun Millers 119th minute goal against Fulham. Just the fact that he sealed it how so late in the game.
8.Best Goal Of The Season. Jose Baxter against Oldham. Ben Davies v Peterborough ran it close but the sheer power and precision of Baxters goal does it for me.
9.Best Away Day. Wembley. 33,000 Blades at Wembley. Came away as losers but heroes. Got a lot of respect that day. The day we had got our Sheffield United back.
10.Worst Away Day. Rotherham. Just for the second half performance. A real low point. On the strength of the performance that day we should have been hammered by 6 or 7.
11.Worst Team Performance Of The Season. Rotherham away as above.
12.Worst Signing. Marlon King. Didnt want him in the first place..Fat, over-rated past it, lazy cunt.
13.Worst Single Performance From A Player. Fabien Brandy v Shrewsbury. Let everyone down that day.
14.Most Disappointing player. Florent Cuvelier. People raved on about his youtube showreel, but i never saw him do a single things that made him look anything like a professional footballer.
15.Worst Single Moment Of The Season. Hartlepool in the JPT. I was in Cuba and got it on a text. I was sat talking to a big West Brom fan and having a good old moan about how bad we was, and said to him "well we won't be going to Wembley now this season"
16.Worst Player. Should really be Brandy but he had an awesome first 45 minutes of the season. McMahon was shit but probably had a couple of decent games as well. Cuvelier, McGinty, Johns, Ironside, McFadzean, Williams all terrible as well. The worst was that lad we got on loan, Ryan Hall. Got sent back to Leeds as his attitude was terrible was here and took to twitter to air his grievances and boast about still getting paid for not playing. Upon arrival back at Bellend Road he promply got sacked. In fact scrap that. My vote goes to Marlon King

1.Player Of The Season :- Harry Maguire
2.Young Player Of The Season :- Harry Maguire
3.Most Improved Player :- Doyle/Murphy
4.Best Signing:- Scougall
5.Best Team Performance Of The Season:- Forest
6.Best Single Performance From A Player :- Murphy v Forest
7.Best Single Moment Of The Season :- Miller's winner at Fulham (1 minute of ecstasy after probably the worst game I have ever attended)
8.Best Goal Of The Season:- Davies v Peterborough
9.Best Away Day: - Wembley
10.Worst Away Day: - Crewe
11.Worst Team Performance Of The Season :- Crewe (a)
12.Worst Signing:- Marlon King
13.Worst Single Performance From A Player :-
14.Most Disappointing player :- Brandy
15.Worst Single Moment Of The Season :- Crewe (a)
16.Worst Player:- Marlon King

1.Player Of The Season - Jamie Murphy
2.Young Player Of The Season - Harry Maguire
3.Most Improved Player - Jamie Murphy
4.Best Signing - Stefan Scougall
5.Best Team Performance Of The Season - vs. Nottingham Forest (FA Cup)
6.Best Single Performance From A Player - John Brayford vs. Fulham (away)
7.Best Single Moment Of The Season - Scougall's goal at Wembley
8.Best Goal Of The Season - Baxter freekick vs Oldham
9.Best Away Day - Wembley
10.Worst Away Day - Wembley
11.Worst Team Performance Of The Season - 0-1 L vs. MK Dons (at Home)
12.Worst Signing - Marlon King
13.Worst Single Performance From A Player - Febian Brandy - 0-1 L vs. MK Dons (at Home)
14.Most Disappointing player - Lyle Taylor
15.Worst Single Moment Of The Season - Febian Brandy's red card at the end of a frustrating loss (MK Dons)
16.Worst Player - Marlon King

Last edited:
1.Player Of The Season :- Harry Maguire
2.Young Player Of The Season :- Harry Maguire
3.Most Improved Player :- Murphy
4.Best Signing:- Scougall
5.Best Team Performance Of The Season:- Villa
6.Best Single Performance From A Player :- Murphy v Forest
7.Best Single Moment Of The Season :- Baxter's goal at Wembley
8.Best Goal Of The Season:- Davies v Peterborough
9.Best Away Day: - Wembley
10.Worst Away Day: - Crewe
11.Worst Team Performance Of The Season :- Crewe (a)
12.Worst Signing:- Marlon King
13.Worst Single Performance From A Player :- Brandy V Shrewsbury
14.Most Disappointing player :- Brandy
15.Worst Single Moment Of The Season :- Crewe (a)
16.Worst Player:- Marlon King

1.Player Of The Season: Harry Maguire
2.Young Player Of The Season: Conor Coady
3.Most Improved Player: Jamie Murphy (most improved player EVER)
4.Best Signing: Stefan Scougall
5.Best Team Performance Of The Season: Charlton (handled the occasion and expectation and thoroughly deserved the win)
6.Best Single Performance From A Player: Murphy v Forest
7.Best Single Moment Of The Season: The period between Scougs thumping home #2 at Wembley and Fryatt levelling after HT.
8.Best Goal Of The Season: Baxter v Oldham
9.Best Away Day: Wembley
10.Worst Away Day: NA
11.Worst Team Performance Of The Season: Walsall (H) - my memory is that it was an atrocious match.
12.Worst Signing: Aidy White was awful and we already had about 17 left backs at the time (including Lappin playing CM!)
13.Worst Single Performance From A Player: Brandy v MK Dons (why is everyone saying Shrewsbury? He missed an open goal from about 6 yards before his red card v MK!)
14.Most Disappointing player: Lyle Taylor
15.Worst Single Moment Of The Season: The period between the fans realising that Weir needed the boot and the board realising.
16.Worst Player: White

1.Player Of The Season: Harry Maguire
2.Young Player Of The Season: Conor Coady
3.Most Improved Player: Jamie Murphy
4.Best Signing: John Brayford (if only permanent signings count then Jose Baxter)
5.Best Team Performance Of The Season: Aston Villa in the cup
6.Best Single Performance From A Player: John Brayford in both of the Fulham games
7.Best Single Moment Of The Season: Scougall's goal at Wembley
8.Best Goal Of The Season: That free kick that Baxter scored, think it was against Oldham? Or maybe Tranmere, can't remember
9.Best Away Day: Wembley
10.Worst Away Day: Wolves (would have been Crewe but I didn't go)
11.Worst Team Performance Of The Season: Take your pick from the Weir era, probably Hartlepool in the JPT
12.Worst Signing: Marlon King signing was an act of complete and utter desperation
13.Worst Single Performance From A Player: Brandy v MK Dons (red card and missing and open goal, not the best performance!)
14.Most Disappointing player: Florent Cuvelier (was expecting so much more, though in fairness he did play most of his games for the club when Weir was in charge)
15.Worst Single Moment Of The Season: 5pm on the 1st February after we'd been dicked 3-0 by Crewe, relegation seemed inevitable
16.Worst Player: I'm inclined to say King, although he did score a goal and showed brief flashes of ability, so I'll go with Paynter. Complete and utter waste of time.

There is a 'end of season awards' thread already on both sites but as S2 and Bladesmad are the 2 most popular forums I thought it would be interesting to combine the two. As someone who posts on both boards I will collect the votes and hopefully we will have a definitive outlook of the opinions of Blades fans on The Net.

If this proves popular then I will have the results ready by the last game of the season. Anyway the categories are....

1.Player Of The Season
2.Young Player Of The Season
3.Most Improved Player
4.Best Signing
5.Best Team Performance Of The Season
6.Best Single Performance From A Player
7.Best Single Moment Of The Season
8.Best Goal Of The Season
9.Best Away Day
10.Worst Away Day
11.Worst Team Performance Of The Season
12.Worst Signing
13.Worst Single Performance From A Player
14.Most Disappointing player
15.Worst Single Moment Of The Season
16.Worst Player

I'll count the votes already made on existing threads
1. Doyle
2. Maguire
3. Murphy
4. Harris
5. Villa
6.Flynn at Villa
7. Scougall at Wembley
8. Davies free kick
9. Villa
10. Notts County
11. Hartlepool
12. King
13.Brandy at Shrewsbury
14. Taylor
15. Being bottom of the League
16.King

1.Player Of The Season:
Harry
2.Young Player Of The Season
Coady
3.Most Improved Player
Murphy & Flynn
4.Best Signing
Scougall
5.Best Team Performance Of The Season
Aston Villa
6.Best Single Performance From A Player
Murphy against Cambridge United
7.Best Single Moment Of The Season
Shaun Miller's goal at Fulham
8.Best Goal Of The Season
Shaun Miller's goal at Fulham
9.Best Away Day
Fulham
10.Worst Away Day
Swindon
11.Worst Team Performance Of The Season
Crewe
12.Worst Signing
Brandy and Marlon King
13.Worst Single Performance From A Player
George Long vs Crewe
14.Most Disappointing player
Lyle Taylor and at parts Jose Baxter
15.Worst Single Moment Of The Season
Losing to Swindon
16.Worst Player
Marlon King and Brandy

Back
Top Bottom