Ryan Woods

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we can't sign the striker we need, which there's a high chance we won't , it doesn't mean we can't invest the money elsewhere. Which at his age, it's a good investment. Particularly when you take into account Duffy probably won't be here next season, along with woodburn. And there's absolutely no guarantee coutts will return near his previous level. Oh and he would get lots of game time in our team.

Yes we need a striker but we should also still keep an eye out for good investments. If players are available we will get better deals for better players. And over time build a good squad.

There's a lot of sense in what you're saying there but signing another expensive central midfielder when we're desperate up front would really be pushing it.

That said, we need to start planning to replace Fleck. And O'Connell.

There's a lot of sense in what you're saying there but signing another expensive central midfielder when we're desperate up front would really be pushing it.

That said, we need to start planning to replace Fleck. And O'Connell.
See the fleck situation is also on my mind.
I'd obviously prioritise the forward but if we can plan ahead and make good buys why wouldn't we. We can't poach these calibre of players, we haven't bought a player , championship and above that said team want to keep. We have to keep an eye out for these signings. It's our most realistic way of building a top 6 side.

If we can't sign the striker we need, which there's a high chance we won't , it doesn't mean we can't invest the money elsewhere. Which at his age, it's a good investment. Particularly when you take into account Duffy probably won't be here next season, along with woodburn. And there's absolutely no guarantee coutts will return near his previous level. Oh and he would get lots of game time in our team.

Yes we need a striker but we should also still keep an eye out for good investments. If players are available we will get better deals for better players. And over time build a good squad.
And do you think he would be available cheap enough for us to sign, and pay, and still leave enough, to buy/loan a decent striker??

And do you think he would be available cheap enough for us to sign, and pay, and still leave enough, to buy/loan a decent striker??
I don't know this for a fact. I'm hopeful because of the following reasons.

Supposedly we had not touched the Brooks money till Norwood, which was largely funded by evans leaving.

We actually got a good deal on Egan, seemingly heavily performance based fee. So maybe Brentford will negotiate similar again.

Obviously if we can't , then that's that. But in theory anyway we should still have plenty to invest.

Supposedly we had not touched the Brooks money till Norwood, which was largely funded by evans leaving.

We actually got a good deal on Egan, seemingly heavily performance based fee. So maybe Brentford will negotiate similar again.

Obviously if we can't , then that's that. But in theory anyway we should still have plenty to invest.

My avatar will tell you why Woods isn't viable - even if we were willing to pay the £7m+ fee.

If he wants to leave Brentford for another Championship club, it's not for footballing reasons. And he wouldn't leave for the 15-18k p/w we might offer him.

My avatar will tell you why Woods isn't viable - even if we were willing to pay the £7m+ fee.

If he wants to leave Brentford for another Championship club, it's not for footballing reasons. And he wouldn't leave for the 15-18k p/w we might offer him.
Probably true, concerning thing is though, that will still be the case when were desperate for someone like him next year.

I thought Evans leaving created a place in the squad and a salary which allowed us to bring Norwood in?

I’m not sure that Woods would be on anywhere near £20k considering where he came from and no other clubs until now coming in for him? Couple this with the fact it’s cheaper to live up here in every aspect maybe he’d not want as much as some might think?

I could be wrong with all this of course but he looks a level headed person and I just thought I’d chuck it out there.

As others have said though, midfield really is at the back of the queue where recruitment is concerned, although Woods is a quality player from what I’ve seen of him.

He's actually been in League 1 this season after Rosenior shipped him out at Hull. If he's available cheap he could be a good rotation option for Arblaster maybe? Still only 30.

I'm not suggesting he's a long term option if/when we got promoted.

EDIT: This isn't in rumour mill!? 🤯

I think Woods is on the same trajectory as the likes of Sam Clucas.

Not sure Woods can cut it at Championship level these days or even in League 1. He was on loan at Bristol Rovers earlier this season and it sounds like he has become a slightly younger Oli Norwood:

"Looked to be the experienced head we needed during his debut, always talking and encouraging. Then it was obvious his more mobile days were behind him and got caught with his pants down far too easily."

He's actually been in League 1 this season after Rosenior shipped him out at Hull. If he's available cheap he could be a good rotation option for Arblaster maybe? Still only 30.

I think he’s gone now unfortunately, looked the next up and coming midfielder at one point.

Not the type of signing I’d like to see us make next season. Albeit different types of players but you might aswell have kept Fleck & Norwood if this is the direction we’re going in

I think he’s gone now unfortunately, looked the next up and coming midfielder at one point.

Not the type of signing I’d like to see us make next season. Albeit different types of players but you might aswell have kept Fleck & Norwood if this is the direction we’re going in

Ryan Woods peaked a few seasons ago and has done little of note since. A shame as he looked decent in his Brentford days.

Hopefully the new recruitment team are not on the same wavelength as you

Ryan Woods peaked a few seasons ago and has done little of note since. A shame as he looked decent in his Brentford days.
Similar to Fleck. Everyone wanted him after his first season in the Prem, quickly (very quickly) lost his way.

I think Woods is on the same trajectory as the likes of Sam Clucas.

Not sure Woods can cut it at Championship level these days or even in League 1. He was on loan at Bristol Rovers earlier this season and it sounds like he has become a slightly younger Oli Norwood:

"Looked to be the experienced head we needed during his debut, always talking and encouraging. Then it was obvious his more mobile days were behind him and got caught with his pants down far too easily."
I've seen Woods this season several times playing for my second team the gas and he has been crap. We must do better than him.

I've seen Woods this season several times playing for my second team the gas and he has been crap. We must do better than him.

To say he is 3 years younger than Norwood and couldn't do much in League 1 says it all.

Back
Top Bottom