CONFIRMED Ryan Leonard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s oerfectky clear, by the way, from his impressive interview, that he’s coming to play central midfield. Not even a flicker of a suggestion otherwise.

Let’s hope that puts an end to weird suggestions on here that we’ve watched him excel in that position; decided to spend a decent amount on him as a result of what we’ve seen (box to box, all action, athletic, scores goals) of him in that position; but all along with a view to playing him at right back! Nobodies told Lendog that. Strange place, S2.

To be fair,it is a Pig posing as a United fan who made the suggestion

Hmmm, on the other hand we could always leave him with the Dogs Trust, at least they won't put him down.
Hmmm, on the other hand we could always leave him with the Dogs Trust, at least they won't put him down.

I think you know the right choice.....

aada57bec14c092d0f62babd2ad2321b--pew-pew-pew-so-funny.jpg

Get you now, my apologies FB.
Not a problem, my post wasn't the clearest.
I was trying to make an unfunny point how individuals with an axe to grind take the facts that disprove what they've been saying, and try and re-frame the situation to continue justify their discredited opinion.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread in tribute to him making his debut!

I thought he had a good debut.

Gives us something completely different in that he is a midfielder that you simply cannot pigeonhole. A real Wilder type that does both the Makelele job and the Lampard job.

UTB

Morning Northern chums and chums that live in the South or overseas but are still Blades forever. Right, thats the formalities and pleasantries out of the way.

We're currently getting overly excited that this season's 'Wow' signing will happen soon and it will be an ex Southend player. After ritual castration of the poster who started the rumour for not spilling the beans, the arrows are pointing to either Gary Hooper or Lenny, back on a season's loan. Now, I know you lot don't deal in fantesy or wild guesses, so is there any word at your end that it may be Len? I'd be amazed if it was Hooper as his wages would probably bankrupt us, but his motor has been seen in the Club car park. Any help or enlightenment for your favourite pub side would be gratefully accepted. I'm asking now that it looks as if Wilder isn't going to desert you.

ps. Isn't the close season seriously boring.

Leonard has hardly set the Lane on fire, but he's had a lot of players in front of him and not all that much opportunity to impress.

I'd be absolutely staggered if we let him go on a season's loan.

Morning Northern chums and chums that live in the South or overseas but are still Blades forever. Right, thats the formalities and pleasantries out of the way.

We're currently getting overly excited that this season's 'Wow' signing will happen soon and it will be an ex Southend player. After ritual castration of the poster who started the rumour for not spilling the beans, the arrows are pointing to either Gary Hooper or Lenny, back on a season's loan. Now, I know you lot don't deal in fantesy or wild guesses, so is there any word at your end that it may be Len? I'd be amazed if it was Hooper as his wages would probably bankrupt us, but his motor has been seen in the Club car park. Any help or enlightenment for your favourite pub side would be gratefully accepted. I'm asking now that it looks as if Wilder isn't going to desert you.

No word.
I reckon Lenny will be lining up at CB pre-season with the Blades.

I think Hooper has a choice of a Premiership club or League one club. I am not sure if I am biting here but you sound semi-serious about it.

We have published our list of players available for loan or Transfer. Leonard wasn’t on the list. Silly season for Southend seems to have started early.

Hello young man,

As others have said, not a sniff of Len being available for loan, sandwich making, or anything else it seems. The pre-season will be an important part of Len's development, as it is every other player, so I hope the lad shows why Wilder chased him for so long. Regarding Hooper, well I suppose anything is possible, but given that he's meant to be on a sizeable wage at the sty, unless Ron has a lucky lotto ticket it looks like it's unlikely. On his day Hooper can be decent - not against us you understand - so if Ron can pull this off good luck to you. Maybe Ron's interested in Hoop's motor?

I thought that we came up with stupid rumours on this page ... but Gary Hooper to Southend is a new level even for us!

As for Lenny, I could see him being loaned out but not until January. It's only fair we give him this pre-season and see if he can force his way into the side. If not I could well see him off for the rest of the season.

I’d hope we’d be in the queue for Hooper before Southend. Genuinely decent player and I’d be well happy if he came here. Can’t see neither Hooper or Leonard going anywhere tbh

For what it's worth one of ours captured this in Roots Hall car park Saturday. And he is an Ex Shrimper.
hooper.jpeg

For what it's worth one of ours captured this in Roots Hall car park Saturday. And he is an Ex Shrimper.
View attachment 39685

The old car in the carpark, we have not had one of them for a while up here.
At least you have a Pic, we don't tend to get pics.
Just a few questions not that I'm sceptical or anything.
But how can you tell thats Roots Hall Carpark from that picture ?
Also it looks like its raining or been raining, it was bloody 27° up here on Saturday with not a rain cloud insight.
Finally it must have been taken at not much earlier than11pm looking how dark it is, why would any footballer be at a ground that late in close season.

So based on the evidence before me it must be Leonard you are signing.

Also it looks like its raining or been raining, it was bloody 27° up here on Saturday with not a rain cloud insight.
Finally it must have been taken at not much earlier than11pm looking how dark it is, why would any footballer be at a ground that late in close season.

It's "GH Roper".
He's a scrap metal merchant from Shoeburyness

If you think any of the ‘evidence before you’ indicates Southend are signing Leonard you must work for the CPS. In north Wales.

;)

If I was Leonard I'd be pushing for a move elsewhere if he's considered to be below the likes of Lundstram in the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom