CONFIRMED Ryan Leonard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Morning Northern chums and chums that live in the South or overseas but are still Blades forever. Right, thats the formalities and pleasantries out of the way.

We're currently getting overly excited that this season's 'Wow' signing will happen soon and it will be an ex Southend player. After ritual castration of the poster who started the rumour for not spilling the beans, the arrows are pointing to either Gary Hooper or Lenny, back on a season's loan. Now, I know you lot don't deal in fantesy or wild guesses, so is there any word at your end that it may be Len? I'd be amazed if it was Hooper as his wages would probably bankrupt us, but his motor has been seen in the Club car park. Any help or enlightenment for your favourite pub side would be gratefully accepted. I'm asking now that it looks as if Wilder isn't going to desert you.

ps. Isn't the close season seriously boring.
Highly doubtful, I think Wilder has him in mind for the RCB spot next season. Can't see him going anywhere.

Morning Northern chums and chums that live in the South or overseas but are still Blades forever. Right, thats the formalities and pleasantries out of the way.

We're currently getting overly excited that this season's 'Wow' signing will happen soon and it will be an ex Southend player. After ritual castration of the poster who started the rumour for not spilling the beans, the arrows are pointing to either Gary Hooper or Lenny, back on a season's loan. Now, I know you lot don't deal in fantesy or wild guesses, so is there any word at your end that it may be Len? I'd be amazed if it was Hooper as his wages would probably bankrupt us, but his motor has been seen in the Club car park. Any help or enlightenment for your favourite pub side would be gratefully accepted. I'm asking now that it looks as if Wilder isn't going to desert you.

If you look thru my past post's regarding Lendog,i said i thought that he would be back down your way on loan,next season.

The good news is that none of you have heard anything on the Len front, I personally think it would be a backward step for him to return to us. As for Hooper, I merely posted what one of ours had put up on our board. I'm not going to challenge a fellow Zoner as to the reality of his picture, but it would be so unlikely that Hoper would come home this season. He still has way too much in the tank for FL1. What it will probably mean is that we will sign someone, possibly Anthony Grant, and we will then argue incessantly as to whether that qualified as a Wow signing. (like I said, the close season does strange things to posters brains). Last year's Wow was Rob Kiernan from Rangers, we're still waiting for him to get off the treatment table after several operations and 10 minutes in a first team shirt.

As an official spokesperson for the club, you can have Leonard on loan for a season if we can have Hooper on loan for a season.

Tbh, I wouldn’t be too surprised if he did head back if we strengthen in this area in the summer. He’s not been able to break into the team and after the summer will be trying to do the same only with Coutts likely added to the mix. Wilder’s shown he’s not afraid to move on those he’s signed, as he’s effectively pushed out the door (loan or permanent) within the space of a year of signing them Hanson, Lavery, Thomas, and tried to do the same with Carruthers and Heneghan. For me Leonard falls into the category of probably being a good player, but debatable whether he can show that with us – be it due to the size of club, our style of play, or his inability to settle. If Wilder’s already seen that he might be willing to cash in. People seem to think it’s just the transfer listed players that are available – they’re just the ones that he doesn’t feel he’s losing any value on by publicly listing them.

The good news is that none of you have heard anything on the Len front, I personally think it would be a backward step for him to return to us. As for Hooper, I merely posted what one of ours had put up on our board. I'm not going to challenge a fellow Zoner as to the reality of his picture, but it would be so unlikely that Hoper would come home this season. He still has way too much in the tank for FL1. What it will probably mean is that we will sign someone, possibly Anthony Grant, and we will then argue incessantly as to whether that qualified as a Wow signing. (like I said, the close season does strange things to posters brains). Last year's Wow was Rob Kiernan from Rangers, we're still waiting for him to get off the treatment table after several operations and 10 minutes in a first team shirt.

If the person who posted that picture said it was in a car park then I’d challenge him if I were you. If you zoom in on the left hand side you can see road markings which suggests it isn’t in a car park.

Post #4649 seems to suggest that it's his car at least.

Didn't notice that, interesting.

Reason I mention it is I've twice seen him in a Mercedes SLS, so I suspected it was an old photo.

If #4649 is correct he seems to have two cars - not unthinkable for a footballer I guess.

If I was Leonard I'd be pushing for a move elsewhere if he's considered to be below the likes of Lundstram in the pecking order.
If I were Leonard I'd ask myself why I was considered to be below the likes of Lundstram in the pecking order and work my bollocks off to earn my place in the team.

Although there has been noise on the Zone concerning Hooper I only really chucked it out on here to be bit mischievous. It is most likely that our original poster stuck his photo up for the same reason. We have more chance of winning 3-0 at your place than signing Hooper (oh, hang on,we did win 3-0 at your place). Seriously, it will be one of those rumours that will die pretty quickly. And if you haven't heard anything on the Lenny front then that is goood to. I still think he can do a job for you on the pitch.

Roll on August.

If I were Leonard I'd ask myself why I was considered to be below the likes of Lundstram in the pecking order and work my bollocks off to earn my place in the team.

Because he’s miles behind Lundstram. I really think a pre season with CW and AK and we can bring out a top player in him.

Same with leonard, only thing is Leonard isn’t good enough on the ball to play central midfield for us. But when he played the RCB role he bombed forward and looked excellent.

Think a few will be surprised by Leonard and Lundstram next season.

Although there has been noise on the Zone concerning Hooper I only really chucked it out on here to be bit mischievous. It is most likely that our original poster stuck his photo up for the same reason. We have more chance of winning 3-0 at your place than signing Hooper (oh, hang on,we did win 3-0 at your place). Seriously, it will be one of those rumours that will die pretty quickly. And if you haven't heard anything on the Lenny front then that is goood to. I still think he can do a job for you on the pitch.

Roll on August.
did us a favour, that was the start of the revival :)

Did the foul on McGoldrick that the referee missed. A chance to get this thread going again!

Back
Top Bottom