Incoming? RWB from Manchester?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When? Come on. If you're going to state false facts back it up.

When has he played RWB well? What are the attributes of a good RWB and explain to me why he has them?

He has played plenty of times as a right back for us he was used as a utility players for us until wilder made him a RCB as per his positional profile on transfrkt https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-basham/profil/spieler/52495

I would say for a good Right wing back you want
Attacking threat ✅
Good defensively ✅
Stamina ✅
Get up and down the pitch ✅

That’s literally bash down to a tee

I wouldn’t play basham on the left hand side of defence or left back because it takes away his stronger foot the same reason I wouldn’t play Osborn Right back

He has played plenty of times as a right back for us he was used as a utility players for us until wilder made him a RCB as per his positional profile on transfrkt https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-basham/profil/spieler/52495

Attacking threat ✅
Good defensively ✅
Stamina ✅

I wouldn’t play basham on the left hand side of defence or left back because it takes away his stronger foot the same reason I wouldn’t play Osborn Right back
I recall him playing RWB a handful of times, when Baldock and presumably Freeman were injured. I'd half agree that Bash could fill in there if needed from the bench.

I do not think we should be starting matches with (a now considerably older) Bash at RWB.

You used a tick system, but realistically missed:
Pace ❌
Acceleration❌

P.S. I adore Bash.

I recall him playing RWB a handful of times, when Baldock and presumably Freeman were injured. I'd half agree that Bash could fill in there if needed from the bench.

I do not think we should be starting matches with (a now considerably older) Bash at RWB.

You used a tick system, but realistically missed:
Pace ❌
Acceleration❌

P.S. I adore Bash.
This.

He has generally been poor at RB for us and not much better at RWB (in the handful of games in a long career he has played in those positions). He's now 34 and WB is the most stressful position on the body.

He is quick over a distance but not over a short distance. Players often run past him. His acceleration is not good. He also struggles to beat player with pace (Baldock) or trickery (Bogle). He is poor at stopping crosses and easily gets beaten down the side.

If we started playing him as a RWB that would be the end of his career. He'd get injured very fast.

The star website is awful, sometimes it wants me to login, and logging in never works.

Brandon Williams?
I normally avoid it, but thought I'd click the link, intrigued as I was. Ten minutes later my wife had to talk me down from the roof. Fucking hell, it's  the worst website ever created. They couldn't make it any less user friendly if they tried. It makes me want to pull my own eyes out. The absolute last thing it makes me want to do is pay a subscription. How is it still in business, paying 'journalists' for information they get off social media and then making it almost impossible to read?

Bogle probably the most talented young right back in the division, this could be a real breakout season for him, oozes class but needs to work a bit on defending
Unavailable till Christmas and no clue how good his knee will be

Once Bogle is back you would think whoever comes in will be a sub, so for me it's a 6 month loan to a top young RWB to challenge Baldock short term or a year deal for a steady Eddie happy to play second/third fiddle. Of course, if there is any truth in the noise about a decent bid coming in for Baldock this all changes.

In the Osborn vs Bash debate I sit firmly in the A N Other camp. I love both of these players, but don't want to see either at RWB. It's a shame Seriki didn't look ready last season.

Can't help thinking Bogle could be another JOC, his recovery appears slow and return keeps getting pushed back, (originally he would be ready for the start, then October, now Christmas)....Baldock for me isn't the player he was and if a decent offer comes in for him from Greek club then I wouldn't stand in his way...so if we are looking at a RWB, which we should be, then it has to be someone who could come in and be a starter.

Attacking threat ✅
Good defensively ✅
Stamina ✅

So out of 498 appearances, he has played RB 18 times and RM 11 times… i’m not sure if I’d constitute that as ‘loads’.
Also, by your logic, we could play him as a central midfielder. (Not defensive midfield.)

Can't help thinking Bogle could be another JOC, his recovery appears slow and return keeps getting pushed back, (originally he would be ready for the start, then October, now Christmas)....Baldock for me isn't the player he was and if a decent offer comes in for him from Greek club then I wouldn't stand in his way...so if we are looking at a RWB, which we should be, then it has to be someone who could come in and be a starter.

I hadn't heard Christmas for Bogle. Where's that come from?
Really feel for the lad. He was starting to look PL quality when that injury occurred. His defending went up a level and his workrate suddenly became phenomenonal. His attacking instincts have never been in doubt.

We've had some awful luck (if you can call it that) with youngsters & injuries when you consider the same thing happened with Brewster too.

Like any Blade, I will always love Chris Basham, but I'll be gobsmacked if he gets 20 starts this season.

I'll eat my shoe if he starts more than 1 at RWB.

Been on the decline since West Brom at home, looked suspect against Blackpool before injuring himself too. Looked very ropey at Bristol City after returning from injury and hasn't looked quite the same since.

Still very dependable, still knows our club inside out, still a huge player to be able to call on in terms of depth...but a top level, starting, championship RWB...he most certainly is not

Like any Blade, I will always love Chris Basham, but I'll be gobsmacked if he gets 20 starts this season.

Been on the decline since West Brom at home, looked suspect against Blackpool before injuring himself too. Looked very ropey at Bristol City after returning from injury and hasn't looked quite the same since.

Still very dependable, still knows our club inside out, still a huge player to be able to call on in terms of depth...but a top level, starting, championship RWB...he most certainly is not

Much as I love Bash, he didn't finish the season very well. I'm really hoping Anel is here to instantly come in and be an upgrade.
Bash can cover RCB, LCB and (at a push) CDM.

He's a left back valued at £20m
He's right footed, has played either side.

£20m is very unrealistic. Also I was suggesting loan.

Wasn't even suggesting, just a relatively realistic first thought for a loan target based on this article.

As i believe he had an unspectacular loan at bottom of the league Norwich.

What you doing with your other shoe mate?

As far as I’m aware it’s always been back in side post World Cup. Back in the grass pre World Cup. I’m not sure he was ever earmarked to be ready for the season start

Makes note of people writing Basham off 📝
I don't think anyone is writing bash off, I thought all the comments regarding Bash were fair. Bash is always going to be one of my favourite players.... but at RCB it's a push and no one is wrong in saying towards the back end of the season he wasn't playing like we no Bash can...

So out of 498 appearances, he has played RB 18 times and RM 11 times… i’m not sure if I’d constitute that as ‘loads’.
Also, by your logic, we could play him as a central midfielder. (Not defensive midfield.)

The argument was he is a good back up to baldock whilst Bogle is injured which i would say he is

No need to waste a fee/wages when we have basham IMO

If we needed a CM back up basham is more than good enough IMO

I don't think anyone is writing bash off, I thought all the comments regarding Bash were fair. Bash is always going to be one of my favourite players.... but at RCB it's a push and no one is wrong in saying towards the back end of the season he wasn't playing like we no Bash can...
I know just makes me sad to think about him not playing

The argument was he is a good back up to baldock whilst Bogle is injured which i would say he is

No need to waste a fee/wages when we have basham IMO

If we needed a CM back up basham is more than good enough IMO
I'm really confused about this. If you wanted to save money why not play Osborn there? He's a better RWB candidate than Basham.

I'm really confused about this. If you wanted to save money why not play Osborn there? He's a better RWB candidate than Basham.

Because basham is way better than Osborn and i would assume Anel may be playing in his position

He plays on the left mate.
I know😄 But he is right footed and has done both. And I'm not sure his already stalling career puts him in a position he can pick and choose.

Anyway, i don't even think we're after him!

Bash can't play RWB

I'd have thought Osborn would have been a decent back-up for Baldock but this worries me that he might be starting in the middle.
Osborn is so handy to have around .played everywhere except goalie . tries his best gives 100% . Good to have on the bench to cover most positions.

Back
Top Bottom