Ross Barkley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Isn’t he a fast winger? Why would we want one of those?
Yep, can easily cover RWB as well, and has a good work rate. I heard he's also recorded this season's fastest speed - in the bloody PL. Should have been a no brainer to give ourselves such an option

Both were definitely mentioned on here as good signings.

It definitely wasn't common consensus though. There were mixed views, certainly on Barkley.
I myself thought he would be a bad signing for us.

Townsend came a bit later in the window and seemed a no brainer, because by then we realised how little we had to play with.

Ran the show for Luton today. Barely put a foot wrong.
The sort of player we should have signed but apparently wouldn’t pay the wages for.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

UTB

Took the piss. I think we made him look good too and they are managing him well aren't they because he's never been the easiest to handle by all accounts...but head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch today.

Strolled around like he had the freedom of Sheffied

Barkley & Townsend were ones we should have gone in for... with hindsight.

I doubt at the time there was a huge clamour for them on here. Both were gambles.
Luton Town are going down anyway

Barkley & Townsend were ones we should have gone in for... with hindsight.

I doubt at the time there was a huge clamour for them on here. Both were gambles.
Ran the show for Luton today. Barely put a foot wrong.
The sort of player we should have signed but apparently wouldn’t pay the wages for.
Can you provide any evidence that proves your statement that we wouldn't pay the wages? Or are you just making that up?

It definitely wasn't common consensus though. There were mixed views, certainly on Barkley.
I myself thought he would be a bad signing for us.

Townsend came a bit later in the window and seemed a no brainer, because by then we realised how little we had to play with.
I’d have probably poo-pooed it first off in the summer due to cost and the fact we’d not pay the wages. But then you realise that you get what you pay for.

We went for Tom Davies instead.

Seriously just don't. Apparently, as the piss takers in the summer would have it (and check the thread from the time if you want to see who said what) the naysayers to wanting this total crock being signed by United, was because we didn't like his individualism and that he wore 'strange' clothes. This is despite the naysayers, myself included, saying it was because we could see as plain as day that SUFC were walking into yet another transfer fuck up and waste of a chunk of valuable club funds. Needless to say, he's managed 30 mins this season and was crocked.

Oh how the 'dont pick on him cos he dares to wear different clothes' peeps laughed. Stupid fuckers. Another reason why PH should have been shown the door early doors.

Let's not even bring up the waste of the wage that was John Fleck's new contract...and some were defending this decision. Beggars belief. They are part of the problem, who think it's acceptable to accept mediocrity.

Thought souza was far more effective personally
Frank which match did you watch today ? He was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Never gave the ball away,movedthe ball from in front of the back four up the pitch creating wide spaces,never lost a tackle,generally his play was excellent.

His wages for a year plus signing on fee would be a quarter of what we paid for Hamer.

And if we did go down still there'd be a minimum fee release clause and we'd get our money back if he had a decent season.

Have been saying it for years we need players with PL experience, Townsend was also decent for them
I must admit, I thought Barkley would be a gamble.
Previously I have thought him to be extremely talented but lazy bastard.
I suppose In one of the bigger clubs he can hide and put a shift in every 3,or 4 sub appearance to keep the astronomical wages coming in. He doesn’t have that luxury at Luton where has has to deliver as one of the top players so maybe that has suited him.
Either way, turned out to be an excellent buy.
Townsend too, although I had every confidence he would be a good acquisition.

Isn’t he a fast winger? Why would we want one of those?
Thought they had one or two that looked far more comfortable at this level than most of ours. Right back (?) Doughty looked like he could play at this level quite easily

Did I miss something? We made him look good. He literally got the ball, moved his foot over it, then passed it. Had we won, Vini Souza gets MotM. But because Stephen Warnock was on comms he was always going to give it to his mate.

Genuinely think this is the reddest of red herrings!

Spunking money on Journeymen pros who may or may not help 'keep us up' is wasted money when we crash back down.

The biggest takeaway today wasn't Barkley, it was how much bigger, faster and better organised they were.

Zero fucking excuses for that. Zero. Hecky approached the PL like it was 1997, and no amount of Journeymen pro's would change that....

Genuinely think this is the reddest of red herrings!

Spunking money on Journeymen pros who may or may not help 'keep us up' is wasted money when we crash back down.

The biggest takeaway today wasn't Barkley, it was how much bigger, faster and better organised they were.

Zero fucking excuses for that. Zero. Hecky approached the PL like it was 1997, and no amount of Journeymen pro's would change that....
I thought they were toss to be honest and but for three own goals would have comfortably lost

I don’t know what the argument is really! Barkley dropped in holes picking up the ball and made Luton tick. To be effective you don’t have to be threading goal scoring passes to have a good game. Sometimes the simple things go unnoticed by people who only think someone charging about like an headless chicken means they’ve had a good game

Instead of Ross Barkley we signed Tom Davies. More brilliant transfer activity from our board.
Think we all know mate, the recruitment at the beginning of the season as been atrocious, who the fuck recommended these players wants sacking!! Traore. Larouchi, Slimane, Thomas,!! What the fuck!! Not a fan of Souza but give him credit for today's performance 👍

Back
Top Bottom