Rosenior available for nowt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who would you want in charge?

• Wilder

Votes: 121 43.5%
  • Rosenior

Votes: 115 41.4%
  • A.N. Other

Votes: 52 18.7%

• Total voters

Am I supposed to take this as proof?

I’m not arguing with either of you because it’s been proven to be an exercise in futility. You stick to your opinion that he’s toss and was rubbish at Derby, and I’ll stick to mine.
No it’s a message board of opinion. You’re confusing things again. This is just a subjective comment which is in line with my opinion.

Surely the point of a message board is to discuss? I’ve not attacked you in anyway I’ve only been polite. I posted my opinion and you then went after mine. Which is strange to see on a public message board that your looking for facts and proof within football.

Maybe other topics of interest would be more beneficial to you.

Ask any derby fan , ask any Rotherham fan .
Paul Warne does wonders on no money .
He changes the whole background of the club and turns things around.
Very underrated and huge potential in turning clubs around .
3 others tried at derby all on top money , Rooney, lampard and rosenior yet little old Paul Warne did it within 2 years.

Ask any derby fan , ask any Rotherham fan .
Paul Warne does wonders on no money .
He changes the whole background of the club and turns things around.
Very underrated and huge potential in turning clubs around .
3 others tried at derby all on top money , Rooney, lampard and rosenior yet little old Paul Warne did it within 2 years.
Should start a thread of Warne or Wilder.

Seen as though Warne was better than Rosenior. Would be a close decision to make.

Can I have a vote for that German bloke wot kept pigs up. Good cv as an assistant before Desperate Dejpon got lucky and kidnapped him in a D Taxi. RB Leipzig, Bayern, Southampton and German National team.

Transfermarkt has spend at 67m but with just over 21m of that being for Archer.

It's underpaying fees United received and overplaying what they paid. The opposite of what clubs usually do with transfers

It's been the same story for years. They've got Ramsdale in at £18.5m when in reality it was £12.6m; Mousset at £10m and so on.

All jokes apart, it was only a little joke having seen one or two areas around Hull over the years, I’m sure there’s some lovely parts. 😁

I used to live next door to some people from Hull. They always liked to point out they were actually from Kirk Ella. I presume that’s the part of Hull with running water.

Why is he highly rated? Because he spoke well as a pundit on Sky sports?

His managerial record in 90 games is 37.78% win rate
Very harsh! You've included Derby spell in the stats presumably and a Hull team that he turned around from relegation trouble to playoff botherers.

He doesn't have a big body of proven managerial work it's true. But he was an excellent EFL pundit (intelligent if nothing else) and appears to show a lot of promise as a manager (shortlisted for Championship manager of the season btw).

I used to live next door to some people from Hull. They always liked to point out they were actually from Kirk Ella. I presume that’s the part of Hull with running water.

I know somebody who lived in Thorpe Hesley, they insisted on calling it Thorpe because it sounded posher..

This is when Rotherham scrotes were twokking cars every 5 minutes up there.

I don't get all the sniping at Rosenior. He's never made any proclamations about his ability. He's a young manager who's been thrown into 2 jobs that needed experience, as ably demonstrated by Warne, a very good, experienced manager still taking 2 seasons to get Derby back up.

He's not ready for a job like United and he wasn't ready for either of the 2 jobs he had previously where the budgets were relatively high and instant success was required. I think there's a fair chance that if Derby or Hull gave him 3 seasons that by the 3rd season he'd be doing a good job. As it is, he's still no more than a young coach with a good reputation as a communicator who might or might not cut it as a manager

They spent £11m on fees and brought in 6 loan players. Inclusive of loans I very much doubt those positions Maguire listed. I think he's provided neutral or slightly below par value this season. But Hull, I'd they were going with such a young boss should have signed more experienced players. Alternatively you either give him time to grow or hire an experienced manager in the 1st place.

I do like Rosenior but unless United hire someone to handle everything other than coaching and setting up the 1st XI he's not the right person to be overseeing what's going to happening here. Too inexperienced.

Wilder is likely cheap, has no leverage and allows the owner to have as little input as possible. But he does also have history with rebuilding teams on limited budgets under trying circumstances.

It's not a great endorsement but, for this specific situation I'm comfortable with Wilder >>>> Rosenior
Agreed. It’s pointless taking a punt on a young up and coming manager if there is nothing in place for them to succeed. All we’d be doing is rolling the dice that somehow he’s a miracle worker. Most likely scenario is we just end up paying him off in 6 months.

Even if Wilder’s best days are far behind him at least he knows how to work within the current structure at SUFC and has experience to draw on.

Until the Prince sells up any manager we bring in is set up to fail.

Agreed. It’s pointless taking a punt on a young up and coming manager if there is nothing in place for them to succeed. All we’d be doing is rolling the dice that somehow he’s a miracle worker. Most likely scenario is we just end up paying him off in 6 months.

Even if Wilder’s best days are far behind him at least he knows how to work within the current structure at SUFC and has experience to draw on.

Until the Prince sells up any manager we bring in is set up to fail.
I do broadly agree with this. The way things are, Wilder makes most sense. Especially as he's already in the job!

Very harsh! You've included Derby spell in the stats presumably and a Hull team that he turned around from relegation trouble to playoff botherers.

He doesn't have a big body of proven managerial work it's true. But he was an excellent EFL pundit (intelligent if nothing else) and appears to show a lot of promise as a manager (shortlisted for Championship manager of the season btw).
Not sure what’s harsh about it, I gave no opinion other than that he was a decent pundit.

His record of results isn’t dazzling, so what makes him a catch? Nomination for manager of the season is the best some can come up with…

What’s his style? Can he work with the squad we have and does he know who needs to be cleared out?

One of the biggest issues we always have upon relegation is that we don’t have a manager that knows the squad or what needs doing.

Warnock, wilder/ hecky had all been replaced by the time we started the season and the new manager didn’t always have time to implement the changes they wanted.

For me, we stick with Wilder as he’s aware of what is needed and can clear out those that need to go. And if he can’t move them on their card is already marked that they have to improve

Is Wilder the best manager out there? Probably not. He also doesn’t have momentum, but he’s not starting a clean slate as an experiment like Slav was and he’d got a proven track record of success previously

I voted no, but in the short term I see him vital next season to stem the bleeding, bring a couple of the kids through gently to prepare for someone else the year after ( younger, better at subs, flexible of thought) to give fresher impetus and ideas.

Not sure what’s harsh about it, I gave no opinion other than that he was a decent pundit.

His record of results isn’t dazzling, so what makes him a catch? Nomination for manager of the season is the best some can come up with…

What’s his style? Can he work with the squad we have and does he know who needs to be cleared out?

One of the biggest issues we always have upon relegation is that we don’t have a manager that knows the squad or what needs doing.

Warnock, wilder/ hecky had all been replaced by the time we started the season and the new manager didn’t always have time to implement the changes they wanted.

For me, we stick with Wilder as he’s aware of what is needed and can clear out those that need to go. And if he can’t move them on their card is already marked that they have to improve

Is Wilder the best manager out there? Probably not. He also doesn’t have momentum, but he’s not starting a clean slate as an experiment like Slav was and he’d got a proven track record of success previously
No disagreement from me.

The harsh comment was only because I didn't think the win percentage was showing the whole picture. Turns out it was perfectly accurate though!

Net spend over 2 years in charge of £100k

View attachment 183066View attachment 183067

7th in league vs 12 in wages table
View attachment 183068

Think he’s done a good job at hull, was credited with been the brains behind Rooney at Derby, possibly supported by Rooney Brum performance without him
The difference between top £60m & bottom £9m is staggering.
I'm shocked by the Mackems coz I thought they had huge support + big club.
Wtf are the pigs doing on £14m ?

Don't get the negative vibe around Rosenior. Personally I'd stick with Wilder due to financial restraints but having seen Hull on Sky a couple of times last season they appeared a decent and entertaining side. They played well at Elland Rd and should've won, succumbing to a late onslaught and daft penalty. I think he'll be a good appointment for another championship side.

From the outside, it seems like he did a good job there, but a lot of their fans were complaining about how boring the football was.

Back
Top Bottom