RND

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I genuinely don't know where you're getting this from. Have you been watching us this season? Enda Stevens has regressed massively, and is 30 years old. And as recently as this Summer, Wilder committed to bringing in competition - not back-up - for him in Antonee Robinson.

Even if you can't get on board with that, did you see Max Lowe play? I can't take anything for granted here, so if you saw him and thought he was great, fine, but you should probably also see that Wilder has subsequently dropped him from the team and is now playing a makeshift central midfielder in LWB instead.

To think we're so fine for cover that we'd rather take a small fee (presumably) for RND is bonkers.

I'm not saying RND isn't a good player , id keep him.

But if we've been offered a good price then why wouldn't we sell someone whos currently 4th choice LB right now and might be 2nd choice next year

Seems strange to recall him from a loan where he’s doing well and then send him elsewhere in the same division. Unless there’s a loan fee from Stoke involved, it’s a bit shithousery of us.

I understand that sometimes players sign new contracts so that we can get a decent fee, (Brooks did similar then went to Bournemouth) but realistically, how much would we get from Stoke for RND....£1m at a push.....hardly worth doing.

Latest report suggest it is a loan anyway which makes perfect sense, he is obviously seen as successor to Enda so get him playing Champ level for the rest of the season and he slots straight in for us in the same league for the next campaign...quite where that leaves Max Lowe though....???

Whilst it’s not great for Luton it isn’t completely illogical by us. He’s proved he’s more than good enough to get in Luton’s side and perform well so now go and prove you can displace better players and perform just as well in a formation like ours if this is just a loan then it probably indicates he’s being considered as a starter for us next year and we want to see him prove it imo. I’ll be shocked and disappointed if there’s a fee agreed.

We wont sell a young up and coming player for what would likely be peanuts. Stoke still have a Premier league set up whereas Luton have a division one set up. Although in the same division this is a step up in terms of size of club, expectations etc.

Can he handle the step up? If he can and he performs well for Stoke then that's another tick in the box as to whether he can do it for us. What do people expect we just leave him at Luton for another season ? He needs the challenge, let's see if he's up to it.

I understand that sometimes players sign new contracts so that we can get a decent fee, (Brooks did similar then went to Bournemouth) but realistically, how much would we get from Stoke for RND....£1m at a push.....hardly worth doing.

Latest report suggest it is a loan anyway which makes perfect sense,
Even the bullshit rumour site link posted in here never mentioned a perm deal. As I mentioned above it actually went out of it's way to not mention it but, the knee jerkers needed something to lose their shit over so they could moan.
When that was pointed out to them they went back to the standard passive aggressive, "oh you can't have an opinion......" bollocks.

Yes you can have an opinion, but when it's totally devoid of logic without credibility that opinion can be considered ignorant and stupid.

It would be absolute madness to sell this kid now - he's on a long deal and at the bottom of his potential value. United should be looking to move on at least one of Lowe and Stevens in time for the start of next season: Stevens has peaked and has a diminishing resale value. Lowe hasn't impressed yet and doesn't possess the versatility of Osborn

i can see us moving max lowe on and in any case didnt he only cost us 2m as part of the bogle deal ? personally think ben osborn will be fine for us at lb or lwb in the championship

Can't say I like this.

I remember Spurs ending Kyle Walker's loan deal ahead of time with us and then sending him to QPR (in the same division at the time). Felt very shithoused.

redknapp doing it on the very last day of the transfer window if I remember correctly. Prick

Can't say I like this.

I remember Spurs ending Kyle Walker's loan deal ahead of time with us and then sending him to QPR (in the same division at the time). Felt very shithoused.

Not quite, they ended his loan with us early to bring him back into the Spurs fold for the rest of the season - he then went on loan to QPR to start the next season.

Bit of a tangent here but in retrospect they handled Walker's development very well - we were going backwards in that 2009/10 season (relegated the following season), so instead they sent him to a very good QPR side to start 2010/11 who went on to win the league. In January 2011 they moved him up another level from Championship QPR to Premier League Villa, then into the Spurs team properly the following season and he's been this version of Kyle Walker ever since. Plenty of minutes at increasingly higher levels which seems to be our approach to our own loanees. It might suck for Luton to lose a player to another team in the same division but our responsibility is developing RND, not making Luton happy.

Could joe Allen be coming in a loan / permanent swap ?

The same thought came to my mind.
We were in for him last Summer according to Richard Cadette (God rest his soul).

Not sure if he's been playing at Stoke this season but he used to be a very decent player.

Allen is only just back after a long injury lay-off.....could be some truth in it i suppose and certainly upgrade on Norwood...still only 30 although seems to have been around forever, he signed a 4 year contract in June 2018 so will be entering his final year in the summer. Could this be the "loan with a view to a permanent" that CW mentioned?

I'm another who'd like to see him come back into our squad. Lowe is an absolute liability at Premier League level (he's not the only one!) but if RND has anything about him he should be able to force his way past Stevens, who has been atrocious all season, and make himself our first choice for next season.

RND at least has to be as good, if not better, than Ampodu. They both seem to play ok for Wales, internationally?

UTB

It wouldn't be the first time that a player signs a new contract and then leaves not long after. I doubt this was the intention but the club would obvioulsy know he was out of contract and would want to protect their asset and sell if an offer came in that was acceptable. Not that I agree with the last bit at all, really hope it's only a loan move, but if he joins them on loan an they get promoted then thay may well make it much harder to keep him.

Having read the article it only says "agreed terms" and it never says that we've agreed a fee with Stoke. However, I don't get why we'd recall him to then send him out again on loan to the same level, unless as one or two others have said that Stoke are willing to pay all of his increased wages from the new deal (maybe Luton didn't) and they've paid a decent loan fee. It must be just a financial situation. Maybe also Wilder feels it could be good for him to play inder a different manager, maybe a different formation/style that may be more suited to us, I don't know, or just to make RND more versatile.
Maybe we've recalled him to play him given we are short on numbers with injuries and Covid.

Because we have Enda Stevens no way does RND get in our team for the next 2/3 years it’s that simple

He might be a good left back Enda has proved to be a quality premier league and international Left back
Depends if you’re talking about the Enda of last year or the post-lockdown Enda, as unfortunately the two are incomparable (as per John Fleck and Ollie Norwood).

Seems like we moving him up a better club who play a similar formation to us, with a view to him being firmly in contention for our first team next season. Sensible forward planning, if so.

i can see us moving max lowe on and in any case didnt he only cost us 2m as part of the bogle deal ? personally think ben osborn will be fine for us at lb or lwb in the championship
With a 2 minute YouTube compilation of his best bits I.E his cross against Burnley on continuous loop.

Maybe we've recalled him to play him given we are short on numbers with injuries and Covid.
Seems like he's definitely going to Stoke though, just hope it's a loan. Surely it can only be a loan!

Watched some of the game👍🏻. Played well, always offered an option, put some good crosses in. Still learning his trade but what I’ve seen he definitely should be involved next season!

An encouraging debut for Rhys Norrington-Davies?​

MON: I thought he was excellent. It was a really good debut. We knew what we were getting when we brought him in, a young player who played with great confidence and real aggression in his play. Got forward at every opportunity. He combined really well with Nick Powell and Jordan Thompson on that side.

Back
Top Bottom