RND

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My Luton mate says he's their best player this season.

Besides, aren't we reported to be moulding him for the JOC role?

It clearly says loan, so people start losing their shit about us selling him.

Do they do that outside of football, where they just make up their own stories with no evidence whatsoever in order to have a go at something or someone they're supposed to support?

Fucking bizarre some of you lot.

Indeed, he's just signed a new long term contract whilst he was out at Luton so would be incredibly surprised if he's moved.

Would be typical united though, probably for 500k or summat equally as substantial.

The above rant isn't aimed at you, but it isn't typical of this current owner or manager at all.
Name the players we've sold in the past 4 seasons for fee's massively below their market value, as I've clearly missed them.

Watched a fair bit , not saying he’s not a good player.

He’s not better than Enda
If you don’t think he’s better than the Enda of the last 8 months you’re off your rocker. Enda is also approaching the twilight of his career, RND is barely beginning his

Do they do that outside of football, where they just make up their own stories with no evidence whatsoever in order to have a go at something or someone they're supposed to support?

I don’t know, I thought that at first but why would we recall him from Luton to send him on loan to a team in the same division? And another articles cites ‘Stoke beating WBA to the signing of’ and we wouldn’t be loaning him to WBA would we?

If you don’t think he’s better than the Enda of the last 8 months you’re off your rocker. Enda is also approaching the twilight of his career, RND is barely beginning his

6 months ago Enda was one of the best left backs in the prem , RND has had a good 6 months at Luton.

Stevens has been average this season so has every single player bar 1 or 2

Endas 30 he could play at his best for 3/4 years

His career barely started till he was let go by villa at 25

We’ve got 3 LWB he’s not better than Enda and it’s debateable whether he’s better than osborne/lowe

We have two left wing backs. One is Enda Stevens, the other is nowhere near good enough for Premier League level. Ben Osborn is a versatile midfielder.

RND is probably one of our brightest prospects in recent years, has received rave reviews from Luton fans in his first six months in the Championship, and is already a Welsh international at 21. Please for the love of god tell me how we have no need for him when our left hand side is so shite.

Would be strange to sell him imo. With stevens out of form and getting older and Lowe not exactly setting the world alight.

we would have had the chance to see what he could do next year without throwing him in at PL level.

would also be strange to loan him to Stoke, let’s hope it goes better than duffy’s spell did

We have two left wing backs. One is Enda Stevens, the other is nowhere near good enough for Premier League level. Ben Osborn is a versatile midfielder.

RND is probably one of our brightest prospects in recent years, has received rave reviews from Luton fans in his first six months in the Championship, and is already a Welsh international at 21. Please for the love of god tell me how we have no need for him when our left hand side is so shite.

Because we have Enda Stevens no way does RND get in our team for the next 2/3 years it’s that simple

He might be a good left back Enda has proved to be a quality premier league and international Left back

6 months ago Enda was one of the best left backs in the prem , RND has had a good 6 months at Luton.

Stevens has been average this season so has every single player bar 1 or 2

Endas 30 he could play at his best for 3/4 years

His career barely started till he was let go by villa at 25
😂😂 Steven’s has been average, fucking hell that’s being kind
And whether he was 25 when he ‘started’ (which isn’t true) or not, that doesn’t mean it’ll prolong his career.

He’s playing one of the most athletic and demanding roles in football, tell me how many 30 something wing backs you know in world football?

I rest my case.
Are you on any medication at the moment?

😂😂 Steven’s has been average, fucking hell that’s being kind
And whether he was 25 when he ‘started’ (which isn’t true) or not, that doesn’t mean it’ll prolong his career.

He’s playing one of the most athletic and demanding roles in football, tell me how many 30 something wing backs you know in world football?

I rest my case.
Are you on any medication at the moment?

Well Chris wilder must be cause he’s selling him ?

Are you ? Your the one slagging off one of the best left backs we’ve ever had.

Absolutely bizzarre. Football Insider reporting that Stoke have beaten West Brom and Burnley to signing RND on a permanent. I had no idea we were so blessed at the LCB/LWB positions that we could let go one of our most talented prospects.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...west-brom-to-signing-of-sheffield-united-ace/
1.) It's football insider FFS
2.) It never mentioned a perm deal in the whole piece. In fact it goes out of it's way to skirt right round the edges of it, as if fishing for hits.
3.) The other front page story on there is that Jamie Milner (35 fucking years old) will be surplus to requirements NEXT SEASON if Liverpool sign someone in the summer? You think?

Because we have Enda Stevens no way does RND get in our team for the next 2/3 years it’s that simple

He might be a good left back Enda has proved to be a quality premier league and international Left back

I genuinely don't know where you're getting this from. Have you been watching us this season? Enda Stevens has regressed massively, and is 30 years old. And as recently as this Summer, Wilder committed to bringing in competition - not back-up - for him in Antonee Robinson.

Even if you can't get on board with that, did you see Max Lowe play? I can't take anything for granted here, so if you saw him and thought he was great, fine, but you should probably also see that Wilder has subsequently dropped him from the team and is now playing a makeshift central midfielder in LWB instead.

To think we're so fine for cover that we'd rather take a small fee (presumably) for RND is bonkers.

1.) It's football insider FFS
2.) It never mentioned a perm deal in the whole piece. In fact it goes out of it's way to skirt right round the edges of it, as if fishing for hits.
3.) The other front page story on there is that Jamie Milner (35 fucking years old) will be surplus to requirements NEXT SEASON if someone signs in the summer? You think?

Chill. To be honest, I was about to say we might as well pump the brakes because we've no idea if there's even any truth to it yet. But I think we got a bit de-railed by a discussion suggesting that we don't need RND.

Absolutely bizzarre. Football Insider reporting that Stoke have beaten West Brom and Burnley to signing RND on a permanent. I had no idea we were so blessed at the LCB/LWB positions that we could let go one of our most talented prospects.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...west-brom-to-signing-of-sheffield-united-ace/
That article says nothing of the sort, just that RND is likely to join Stoke. It doesn't say whether it's a loan or permanent but given the clickbait source that's not hugely surprising.

I'd trust Pete O'Rourke over Football Insider 24/7.

The above rant isn't aimed at you, but it isn't typical of this current owner or manager at all.
Name the players we've sold in the past 4 seasons for fee's massively below their market value, as I've clearly missed them.

Ahhh, but I didn't say it would be typical of Wilder or Princey - I said United which is basically my 32 years of following them :D

Surely it will be a loan?
It wouldn't be the first time that a player signs a new contract and then leaves not long after. I doubt this was the intention but the club would obvioulsy know he was out of contract and would want to protect their asset and sell if an offer came in that was acceptable. Not that I agree with the last bit at all, really hope it's only a loan move, but if he joins them on loan an they get promoted then thay may well make it much harder to keep him.

Having read the article it only says "agreed terms" and it never says that we've agreed a fee with Stoke. However, I don't get why we'd recall him to then send him out again on loan to the same level, unless as one or two others have said that Stoke are willing to pay all of his increased wages from the new deal (maybe Luton didn't) and they've paid a decent loan fee. It must be just a financial situation. Maybe also Wilder feels it could be good for him to play inder a different manager, maybe a different formation/style that may be more suited to us, I don't know, or just to make RND more versatile.

Last edited:
That article says nothing of the sort, just that RND is likely to join Stoke. It doesn't say whether it's a loan or permanent but given the clickbait source that's not hugely surprising.

I'd trust Pete O'Rourke over Football Insider 24/7.

I hear you but "Stoke City are set to beat Premier League clubs including West Brom to the signing of Sheffield United left-back Rhys Norrington-Davies" and "it is a major coup for the Potters, who are poised to seal the deal ahead of West Brom and Burnley" implies permanent to me. I realise it's not literally said "on a permanent", and I know it's Football Insider, but I don't think it's crazy to draw that conclusion. We'll see, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom