RIP Maddy Cusack

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the part where she says in February, "her spirit was broken".

If it is as serious as it sounds, the family need to get the news out to the world. This must be a massive weight on their shoulders keeping it bottled up

Last edited by a moderator:

If it is as serious as it sounds, the family need to get the news out to the world. This must be a massive weight on their shoulders keeping it bottled up
I think it is so dangerous to speculate, mate, I really do.

I’m happy to comment on most things but this is a real minefield.

We also don’t want rumours starting about folk that end up not to be true either.

I’d recommend we let this run its course and perhaps restrict comments to what comes from the club or the family.

I know it’s a message board but incorrectly interpreting something and it gaining momentum could prove very insensitive.

Just my two cents.

It will all come out in the wash. I don’t think there's any need to speculate.

Edit: and what you have done is a textbook example of speculation, despite the disclaimer in capitals.

Foxy Linz

Can you delete Lines 2 & 3 in my post above please, so it reads as I've quoted

Terrible for Maddy's family having to live with this situation, whatever is going on it certainly has affected the whole club, but lets not speculate on what it may or may not be, leave that to the people investigating

What an awful thing to read, to think that something happened at our Club to turn a previously happy, (according to her family) young girl to take her own life inside 6 months or so is truly shocking.

Hopefully the club get to the bottom of things, if only to help her family cope with the devastating event.

RIP Maddy

This thread really should be closed. Too much wild speculation and in some cases defamatory comments. As has been said, an investigation at the club is being carried out, but more importantly there will be an inquest where all the relevant facts will be heard and a coroner will make a judgement.

Clearly what has happened is an enormous tragedy and I can't begin to imagine what Maddy's family and friends have been through. That said, personally, I don't think the statement they have put out and the wording of it, is particularly helpful.

That was heartbreaking to read for someone that didn’t even know her, I can’t begin to imagine how the family and friends are feeling right now.
As a relatively new grandparent, the idea of anything causing my granddaughter pain is unimaginable. My heart goes out to the family.

And here it comes again, not ashamed to say I have tears in my eyes reading those words from her mum.

I worked with her at the academy pre-Covid and she was so full of life, loved her job there and her role on the team. I was hoping to get my 7 year old daughter down to see her play now she’s old enough, so utterly heartbroken when I heard the news.

Don’t speculate people, it will come out eventually if it needs to. The best thing to do now is to remember her for who she was.

An amazing person, footballer and blade through and through.

RIP Maddy x

And here it comes again, not ashamed to say I have tears in my eyes reading those words from her mum.

I worked with her at the academy pre-Covid and she was so full of life, loved her job there and her role on the team. I was hoping to get my 7 year old daughter down to see her play now she’s old enough, so utterly heartbroken when I heard the news.

Don’t speculate people, it will come out eventually if it needs to. The best thing to do now is to remember her for who she was.

An amazing person, footballer and blade through and through.

RIP Maddy x

Lovely words, mate

It seems quite coincidental that ever since Maddy died, the team has been absolutely dog shite. Starting of course, from the Newcastle game when the club paid homage to her. It's been said that Maddy was part of the fabric of the club and involved in lots of things on and off the pitch. I'm not going to speculate but it will be interesting to see if anything does come out from the enquiry.

The main thing is, of course, her family. I hope whatever happens they get some sort of closure and peace - if that is possible of course having lost a family member so young.

RIP Maddy

A QUICK REMINDER TO EVERYONE THAT THIS ISN'T THE PLACE FOR SPECULATION - CERTAINLY WHILST PROCESSES CONTINUE - ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE SENSITIVE NATURE AND FACT THAT A YOUNG WOMAN HAS LOST HER LIFE.

This thread really should be closed. Too much wild speculation and in some cases defamatory comments. As has been said, an investigation at the club is being carried out, but more importantly there will be an inquest where all the relevant facts will be heard and a coroner will make a judgement.

Clearly what has happened is an enormous tragedy and I can't begin to imagine what Maddy's family and friends have been through. That said, personally, I don't think the statement they have put out and the wording of it, is particularly helpful.
Was about to post the same. No-one knows the facts, but however unsavoury it sounds, any speculation is not going to help

As said numerous times, speculate to yourself if you need to but not on here.

Let's show that tremendous, beautiful girl and her family all the respect she deserves. Whatever and whoever caused this, if anyone, will come to justice eventually.

RIP Maddy. Again. x

i think the saddest part is the mother says she had no mental illness but in reality how would she know many people hide their issues etc from their closest family and suffer in silence and some ultimately take the route that they feel will stop their suffering and example is Gary Speed a man who on the outside had everything and showed (on the outside) no issue but took his life.:(

Just been an interview on BBC with family. She only got £6000 a year to play for united

Just been an interview on BBC with family. She only got £6000 a year to play for united
I have no idea what women footballers get, but that seems very low ~£115 per week.

Football wasn't her main income though. She was a Full-time Marketing Executive for the club.

I have no idea what women footballers get, but that seems very low ~£115 per week.

Football wasn't her main income though. She was a Full-time Marketing Executive for the club.
That's what they said, that all the footballers have to have another job but are still expected to train like the men's team but that was her wage from united

There is not much money in women’s football, and what there is can be found in the top division. The average attendance is not high in that division.

There is not much money in women’s football, and what there is can be found in the top division. The average attendance is not high in that division.
Yeah i understand that, I just felt £115 a week is low.
I'd guess men in the Isthmain will earn that?!?

Just like second tier rugby league and many other sports.

Most of us payed to play never mind getting paid for playing, and still trained in the week as well as playing at the weekends.

I think the top paid English women's player (one of the lionesses) is on £80k a year.

I think the highest paid English women's player is on something like £80k a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom