RIP Maddy Cusack

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please can we let Maddy rest in piece, tomorrow will be an emotional day for me as well. 29th of Sept I lost my mum 2015, I decided not to go in the ambulance with her to the NG, I drove, when I walked in, she had passed 5 minutes before.
She was calling out my name as she was being put in the ambulance.
That still hurts like....

Please can we let Maddy rest in piece, tomorrow will be an emotional day for me as well. 29th of Sept I lost my mum 2015, I decided not to go in the ambulance with her to the NG, I drove, when I walked in, she had passed 5 minutes before.
She was calling out my name as she was being put in the ambulance.
That still hurts like....
Fuck thats horrid pal. Sorry to hear that. 😪

Nice article here:

This is one of the most amazing tributes I've ever read about anyone. It's a wonderful article, both absolutely joyous and heart-breaking at the same time. 😢

I have a spare ticket going (for free) for the game today (the Women’s game just to clarify) if anyone can make use of it? It’s a young adult one but obviously unlikely they’ll check if any oldies want it ;)

There seems to have been a significant development. Maddy's family have posted information across Social Media.

"It is no secret, nor should it be, that Sheffield United Football Club have agreed at the request of Maddy’s family to carry out a thorough external investigation into the events that her family believe contributed significantly to her passing at the tender age of 27."

There seems to have been a significant development. Maddy's family have posted information across Social Media.

"It is no secret, nor should it be, that Sheffield United Football Club have agreed at the request of Maddy’s family to carry out a thorough external investigation into the events that her family believe contributed significantly to her passing at the tender age of 27."

Oh Jesus Christ, that is troubling.

Very sad and let's hope any issues if any existed then and now can be addressed. Of course this could just be misplaced grief and the Why will never be known but of course anything that can be done to stop it ever happening again has to be given a proper go.

The mention of February could be key there. That's when Jonathan Morgan took charge of the women's side. He was subject to an investigation of his conduct after a formal complaint about his conduct was made (regarding the treatment of certain players). That was a couple of weeks after Maddy passed.

What the bloody hell has gone off here then? Don't like to speculate but there's been some big events within that women's setup this past 6 months. Hopefully not linked of course.

The mention of February could be key there. That's when Jonathan Morgan took charge of the women's side. He was subject to an investigation of his conduct after a formal complaint about his conduct was made (regarding the treatment of certain players). That was a couple of weeks after Maddy passed.
Correct. It is not coincidental timing. There’s been alot of hushed voices surrounding the circumstances of both the cause of and why she took her life. The family know, the players know and the club know why and the family need to get the story out now. It would be weighing heavy on them as they grieve. But without proof, there is slander/accustaions and potential legal ramifications.

I couldn't see the whole tribute on Twitter but I found this in the Mail. The last paragraph is very worrying.

CUSACK FAMILY FULL STATEMENT

My beautiful daughter, Madeleine.
Motherhood was very challenging for me. After several heartaches, my beloved Richard was born in November 1994. Eleven months later on the 28th October 1995, at 8:57pm, along came my beloved Madeleine.
As I held her for the first time, I couldn't believe she was mine, all mine. I felt the luckiest woman alive, two miracles in one year. In May 1999, my beloved Olivia was born and finally in 2005 my beloved Felicia, our family was complete.
My husband and I prided ourselves on running a close, kind, forgiving, encouraging, supportive and above all.. a loving ship. Creating an unbreakable bond, family is everything. Madeleine's love for football began aged 18 months on Mablethorpe beach where she kicked her first ever football.
She played her first match aged 5 for Ilkeston Ladies. She was by far the youngest player on the pitch winning what became the first of many medals. My beautiful daughter, Madeleine. From an early age, Madeleine displayed a unique spirit, an indomitable spirit.
She was dedicated, driven and single minded in all that she did. This in turn lead to great success both on and off the pitch. A spirit which we as parents guarded and nurtured throughout her childhood, into adulthood. Madeleine ’ s love of sport grew with her.
She represented her Schools at all levels and disciplines, determined to always win the gold medal. She played cricket, was a member of Amber Valley Athletics Club and also enjoyed horse riding with her sisters and cousins, Emily and Rosie.
I supported and watched Madeleine in every competition she ever entered. I never missed a thing. As a family we clocked up thousands of miles through training and watching nearly every football match she played, even taking in Norway where she represented England in the European Championships. Bursting with pride doesn’t come close.
Madeleine loved us watching her as much as we did. My beautiful daughter, Madeleine. As Maddy entered adulthood, she became a compassionate, loyal, talented and determined young woman.
Alongside her footballing success, she gained a first class honours degree in Marketing, PR and Advertising. Her first permanent role was with the Derby Runner, that of the Social Media Coordinator.
She loved her role and her colleagues. Her kind boss, Rob Jefferies and Elaine Walker became firm friends. In 2019, Madeleine joined Sheffield United Football Club, making the number 8 shirt her own.
Alongside playing, she worked at the Sheffield United Community Foundation with Rob Jenkinson and his team. Maddy later joined Eoin Doyle ’ s marketing team. She really enjoyed both of those jobs and working closely with all of her colleagues.
Maddy flourished both on and off the pitch, under the guidance of Neil Redfearn whom she admired greatly. My beautiful daughter, Madeleine. She fell in love with Sheffield United, the fans and the city of Sheffield. Maddy rang me one morning as she arrived at work, having parked underneath the poster of her that adorned the side of Bramall Lane.
The buzz and pride she felt from that was palpable. Maddy became Miss Sheffield United and adored every minute of it. This was her home, the place she envisioned she would hang up her boots one day.
Everything ended in #UTB. Our life without our Madicat is unthinkable, unimaginable and unbearable. We shall look for her in every single day, for the rest of our lives. I stand here before you today beyond proud of everything she achieved, achieving more in 27 years than most people do in a lifetime.
The love shared is beyond precious. I am very grateful to have been her Mum. Madeleine knew how much we loved her and we know how much she loved us. All I can do now is carry her inside like I did once before, except now she will have to stay in my heart forever.
What you need to understand is this.. The saddest and utterly heartbreaking reason why I am having to stand here and speak to you today is because of football. From February this year, the indomitable, irrepressible spirit, the spirit called Maddy, the spirit that I had so fearlessly protected was allowed to be broken. Taking her away from me.
I love you more. Your greatest fan, Mum

Correct. It is not coincidental timing. There’s been alot of hushed voices surrounding the circumstances of both the cause of and why she took her life. The family know, the players know and the club know why and the family need to get the story out now. It would be weighing heavy on them as they grieve. But without proof, there is slander/accustaions and potential legal ramifications.
What do you know?

I hope what I am about to type doesn't come across as inappropriate, because ultimately this is about the tragic loss of a beautiful young girl, and the pain her family are still enduring. The game itself is quite irrelevant by comparison, but it has felt like there is something heavy and dark weighing the whole club down all season, on and off the field.

The news about Maddy hit us all hard, and Morgan's departure felt too close to be a coincidence. It makes you wonder what the rest of the playing staff know about what has gone off.

Again, I don't want to sound like a twat speculating on stuff. But this is all very concerning.

I hope what I am about to type doesn't come across as inappropriate, because ultimately this is about the tragic loss of a beautiful young girl, and the pain her family are still enduring. The game itself is quite irrelevant by comparison, but it has felt like there is something heavy and dark weighing the whole club down all season, on and off the field.

The news about Maddy hit us all hard, and Morgan's departure felt too close to be a coincidence. It makes you wonder what the rest of the playing staff know about what has gone off.

Again, I don't want to sound like a twat speculating on stuff. But this is all very concerning.
I saw a post elsewhere not long after Maddie's tragic death where a chap said the players had found something out about the circumstances 10 minutes before kick off against Newcastle and that although he couldn't elaborate it would become clearer when the family were ready.

As you say, football is absolutely secondary here but there does seem to have been a real spectre hanging over the club and players since that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom