RIP Maddy Cusack

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can we please just keep this thread as a respectful tribute to Maddy, and avoid descending into squabbles.

Hecky has rightly said today that decisions on any tributes to her memory will be led by her family. When they decide what is appropriate, I am sure that the club will act in a way that reflects their wishes, and that we as supporters will fully respect this.

Too young to go, it's so sad..
Condolences to her family, friends and team mates!

Can we please just keep this thread as a respectful tribute to Maddy, and avoid descending into squabbles.

Hecky has rightly said today that decisions on any tributes to her memory will be led by her family. When they decide what is appropriate, I am sure that the club will act in a way that reflects their wishes, and that we as supporters will fully respect t

Hecky has rightly said today that decisions on any tributes to her memory will be led by her family. When they decide what is appropriate, I am sure that the club will act in a way that reflects their wishes, and that we as supporters will fully respect this.
Absolutely this time for respect not opinions RIP Maddy fly high girl x

Those who want to pay their respects, in whatever way meets their needs, may also care to note the next Sheffield United Women home match is v London City Lionesses on Sunday 8 October.
I'd expect there'd be a tribute at that match in addition to the game on Sunday.

Thanks, just bought a ticket. Would be nice to see a good turnout in support of her teammates at a very difficult time.

Incredibly sad news, 27 years old. Not sure how you get over something like this. Thoughts and prayers to all who knew her. RIP.

There’s a minutes silence across all Derbyshire Women’s and Girls’ matches today. I’ll be watching my eldest play and I’m expecting tears from many of us parents watching on.

Condolences to her family at this sad time

Thoughts go out to her family and friends.

27 is no age is it

RIP Lass.

I see
Burnley v Newcastle United
Nottingham Forest v Liverpool Feds
West Bromwich Albion v Halifax
Derby County v Huddersfield Town
Have all been postponed on Sunday following news of the passing of Maddy.
I have been at a game today with someone who has expressed surprise that United seem not to have considered postponing the game tomorrow v Newcastle.

I see
Burnley v Newcastle United
Nottingham Forest v Liverpool Feds
West Bromwich Albion v Halifax
Derby County v Huddersfield Town
Have all been postponed on Sunday following news of the passing of Maddy.
I have been at a game today with someone who has expressed surprise that United seem not to have considered postponing the game tomorrow v Newcastle.
Why postpone, when it’s gives everyone associated with the club a proper chance to assemble and pay their respects en masse…with a solemn and respectful silence.

Why postpone, when it’s gives everyone associated with the club a proper chance to assemble and pay their respects en masse…with a solemn and respectful silence.
Don't know. Grief is such a personal thing. I guess the players at the clubs concerned just feel a little too upset to play at the moment in the circumstances. From what I've seen, the FA etc were very sympathetic. Two were called off initially, then the other two games followed suit.

"Sheffield United on X: "Ahead of the Newcastle game, we will celebrate & honour the life of Maddy Cusack, a loved & respected figure of the Sheffield United family. There will forever be a void in the hearts of everyone connected to the club & a number of activities have been planned to remember her.… https://t.co/cHeXKuN4Eb" / X"

Big up to Newcastle for their respects. Her Mum and sister out there being strong. Nice to see the players and staff helping them straight after the tribute, emotional scenes.
Your battle is finally over Maddy, May you rest in peace.

Without being disrespectful, do we know what she died of? Was it an illness, or sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom