RIP Maddy Cusack

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is one of the most tragic moments to hit our club since the loss of the great Mel Rees.
I met his Dad at the lane a number of year's later at game, he continued to come up from Wales to see the blades, he couldn't speak more highly of the club and how supportive they were of the family of Mel.
My deepest sympathy to all her family and l know the club will be there for them at this saddest of times.

Sincere condolences to the family of Maddy. Far too young to be taken from us . On behalf of all blades rest in peace . 🙏

Totally agree.

I think the applause was partly to drown out the idiots who can't keep quiet for a solitary minute.

Proven this week with the European games. If you can't keep your gob shut for 60 seconds to show some respect for a tragedy then you're a real piece of work imho.
To be fair (as happened at spurs) those who are on the concourse and just entering the stadium have no idea the minutes silence is taking place until they find out too late. A minute’s applause is probably the sensible option, even though silence has more of an effect if observed properly, which I’m sure all those in the ground would do.

RIP Maddy. So sad.

So sad to read this. I've two daughters of similar age.
Life is so precious.
Heart goes out to her family and friends.
RIP Lady Blade!
X

So very sad. Condolences to her family and all who knew her.

Been away for a week and had little access to any news etc. This news has hit me like a ton of bricks, and I really didn’t know much about her - but 27. Twenty seven. Was obviously a much loved person at the club. Awful news. Trust the club will honour her in the right way on Sunday.

Been away for a week and had little access to any news etc. This news has hit me like a ton of bricks, and I really didn’t know much about her - but 27. Twenty seven. Was obviously a much loved person at the club. Awful news. Trust the club will honour her in the right way on Sunday.

I'm the same, it's affected me more than I would've expected.

Obviously it's always a sad occasion when somebody associated with the club passes, but we usually have the consolation that they lived a long and successful life and died in old age (with a couple of exceptions).

But this isn't just a sad occasion, it's a tragedy, and no amount of philosophising can soften that blow. She was 27, and she should still be with us, it's just not the natural order of things.

I just hope the club can honour her memory in the way she deserves, and I have every confidence that they will. I also hope that those closer to her are getting the support that they need.

Obviously it's always a sad occasion when somebody associated with the club passes, but we usually have the consolation that they lived a long and successful life and died in old age (with a couple of exceptions).

But this isn't just a sad occasion, it's a tragedy, and no amount of philosophising can soften that blow. She was 27, and she should still be with us, it's just not the natural order of things.

I just hope the club can honour her memory in the way she deserves, and I have every confidence that they will. I also hope that those closer to her are getting the support that they need.
Brilliantly written and agree with every word.

Can’t imagine how sombre the mood is behind the scenes. Imagine someone of that age passing away in your own work place - doesn’t bare thinking about.

Me too.

Didn't know Maddy and although I've taken an interest in the womens team in the last few years, I've never actually been to watch them.

Keep getting a tear in my eye though over this when I see stuff on Twitter, when they just had the minutes silence at the England game etc.

It's absolutely devastating news and I think it's going to be very emotional at The Lane on Sunday.

RIP Maddy 😢

Me too.

Didn't know Maddy and although I've taken an interest in the womens team in the last few years, I've never actually been to watch them.

Keep getting a tear in my eye though over this when I see stuff on Twitter, when they just had the minutes silence at the England game etc.

It's absolutely devastating news and I think it's going to be very emotional at The Lane on Sunday.

RIP Maddy 😢

Yeah, Sunday will be a tough one. I've actually given very little thought at all to the actual match. This has just made everything else seem secondary.

If anything positive can be taken from this (which I know it can't really), it's the kind words and gestures of support from across the game, including fans of rival teams. It really puts things into perspective.

I've been ignoring this story as I knew it would really hit me hard.
Every now and then an unfair, heartbreaking event takes place and it haunts me for weeks or months at a time, this is going to be one of them.
Excruciatingly sad.
I cant even begin to imagine how those close to her are feeling.
RIP young lady 🙏

Those who want to pay their respects, in whatever way meets their needs, may also care to note the next Sheffield United Women home match is v London City Lionesses on Sunday 8 October.
I'd expect there'd be a tribute at that match in addition to the game on Sunday.
So a match that's over 2 weeks away, where there'll be about 1,000 in attendance, I would expect no tribute at that one TBH.

There'll be 30,000 at the game on Sunday, it's live on Sky, and it'll be on MOTD on Sunday night. No better opportunity to pay tribute to someone so highly respected at the club.

They had a minutes silence for her tonight at the England v Scotland game, which was impeccably observed, what's your opinion on that?

I do agree with you on the too many minutes silence/applause thing but you're wrong on this occasion.

So a match that's over 2 weeks away, where there'll be about 1,000 in attendance, I would expect no tribute at that one TBH.

There'll be 30,000 at the game on Sunday, it's live on Sky, and it'll be on MOTD on Sunday night. No better opportunity to pay tribute to someone so highly respected at the club.

They had a minutes silence for her tonight at the England v Scotland game, which was impeccably observed, what's your opinion on that?

I do agree with you on the too many minutes silence/applause thing but you're wrong on this occasion.
You're reading too much into a simple info post about the next SUFC Women game. All fans should take whatever opportunity they want/need to remember Maddy in whatever way suits them. That's what I'll be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom