RIP Eddie Colquhoun.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Genuinely gutted to hear this. An absolute legend and a hero of mine when I was first starting out on my Blades journey. R.I.P Eddie. I assume there will be some sort of tribute on Tuesday night. I think I might get a bit emotional. It’s funny how you can feel like that for someone you never even met but some players just have that special place in your heart .

watfordcolquhoun-png.111808

watfordsmoke-png.111809

promotiondressing-room-jpg.111811

Sad news, I loved Eddie Colquoun, he was one of my earliest hero’s from when I was first stood on the Shoreham Street railings. Great footballer who never gave anything less than 100%, took no prisoners and scored his fair share of headed goals. Exactly the sort of defender and Captain every team needs. RIP

1A2F32E7-C4AE-4879-AD7C-E1BB82DF224E.jpeg

My favourite captain. Below photo taken at the 1971 promotion reunion in 2011

View attachment 158080
I had a quick chat with him at that event. He was such a nice bloke, and genuinely humbled that people still talked about that side 40 years on. RIP Eddie.

It's a strange one when you've just been singing the bloke's name the day before. Godspeed Eddie.

Also what's with the weird hybrid version of the Ain't Got A Barrel of Money song? Why would we not have Woodward and Currie, but do have Colquhoun? That never happened. Surely we should just keep singing "We ain't got a barrel of money, but we've got Woodward and Currie".

Sorry, this might not be the forum for that digression but hopefully we'll be belting this one out to honour the great man so I just want to get it clear.
I fervently hope Barrel of money is sung time after time on Tuesday in all it's glory along with other utter classics of the 70's. It would be wonderful if Gary "Maggie May- Bottomless Lunch Mays" ensured the following playlist pre match rather than the garbage he blathers over.

Lynn Anderson- Love Grows.
Limme and Family Cookin- You can do magic.
The Formations. At the top .
Ilkley Moor By Tat.

On the pitch that day a so proud and happy 12yr old and it seems like only yesterday. Eddie with a fag in his hand,what a great captain of a great team that was a joy to watch. Very sad to hear and not ashamed to say a tear in my eye thinking of them days.
John Hope, Len Badger, Ted Helmsley, John Flynn, Eddie, Alan Woodward,Trevor Hockey, God, Geoff Salmons, Billy Deardan and Gil Reece.
Rip. Eddie

I fervently hope Barrel of money is sung time after time on Tuesday in all it's glory along with other utter classics of the 70's. It would be wonderful if Gary "Maggie May- Bottomless Lunch Mays" ensured the following playlist pre match rather than the garbage he blathers over.

Lynn Anderson- Love Grows.
Limme and Family Cookin- You can do magic.
The Formations. At the top .
Ilkley Moor By Tat.

Great memories ,and always good for a few points on pop master

RIP. Very sad news. Captain of the best team I've ever seen down at BDTBL.

Proper centre half dominant in the air and strong in the tackle. Scored many goals from set pieces. He never ventured over the half way line but I remember one game where he did. He kept going past players, the crowd roared him on with only the goalkeeper to beat. He's in the penalty area when he shapes to shoot completely misses the ball and falls over it. The crowd just collapse into laughter and then chant Eddie Colquhoun, Eddie Colquhoun, Eddie. Great chant and great days.
Remember when he had the ball at his feet coming out of defence he’d sometimes put half a dozen short quick steps in as tho he didnt know which foot to clear it with , looked a bit panicky but he usually knew what he was doing , brought a cheer from the crowd as well ! God Bless Eddie, i bet he has him in his team

He was a true Blades legend. Not the tallest for a centre back but in those days height didnt matter the same way as it does in the modern day game. It is also true he was as hard as nails but never cocky with it. A lot of the skirmishes he got into was down to protecting his own team mates. Was a top player and came across a top bloke. RIP Eddie.

Sad news,I met Eddie a couple of times and what a great bloke he was..I had a work mate from Conisbrough and he couldn't speak highly enough of him. Rip Eddie.

Whenever Eddie Colquhoun's name comes up ,amongst other things of course is the town of Prestonpans,a name for some odd reason I found amusing.
Really sad news.

One of my first heroes in the brilliant promotion of 70/71. RIP Eddie and thanks for the memories. Sing the Barrel of Money song loud and proud on Tuesday night. Only TC left now.

Back
Top Bottom