RIP Eddie Colquhoun.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hard as nails defender who often popped up with a goal or two. One of the great Blades Captains and a true legend.

It was a very emotional moment at the 125 Anniversary Dinner a few years back when he was presented with his Scotland international cap from the 1970's.

God bless Eddie Colquhoun and thanks for the memories. R.I.P.

One of my first heroes. He typified everything we as fans want. To me ,even his fantastic name, conjured up an image of exactly who he was. A real legend for The Blades. Days like these make you realise how much the club means, and it's due a large part, to men like Eddie Colquhoun. R.I.P.

RIP. Very sad news. Captain of the best team I've ever seen down at BDTBL.

Proper centre half dominant in the air and strong in the tackle. Scored many goals from set pieces. He never ventured over the half way line but I remember one game where he did. He kept going past players, the crowd roared him on with only the goalkeeper to beat. He's in the penalty area when he shapes to shoot completely misses the ball and falls over it. The crowd just collapse into laughter and then chant Eddie Colquhoun, Eddie Colquhoun, Eddie. Great chant and great days.

It's a strange one when you've just been singing the bloke's name the day before. Godspeed Eddie.

Also what's with the weird hybrid version of the Ain't Got A Barrel of Money song? Why would we not have Woodward and Currie, but do have Colquhoun? That never happened. Surely we should just keep singing "We ain't got a barrel of money, but we've got Woodward and Currie".

Sorry, this might not be the forum for that digression but hopefully we'll be belting this one out to honour the great man so I just want to get it clear.

When I started going to England away games in the 1980s, I fell in with a group of Chelsea fans. On boozy evenings we would belt out songs, each others songs Indeed. After a rousing rendition of Barrel Of Money, and the "and with Eddie Colquhoun..." refrain, my Chelsea mate Ooh Ooh Bob (he can RIP as well) pulled me...

"When have you ever played Cologne? And why do you hate them?"

Another vital cog in that great promotion winning side leaves us. Thanks for the memories Eddie. RIP, thoughts are with your family and friends.

Before my time, but one of those names that my dad talked about when I was a kid. Certainly a name that is synonymous with my understanding of a ‘classic’ Sheffield United team.

I reckon his name will still be sung in that song in 50 years’ time. And rightly so.

RIP, Blade.

Just got to Eddie in a Blades shirt at the start of time watching us , a legend of that era . My condolences to all his family & friends RIP⚔️

It's a strange one when you've just been singing the bloke's name the day before. Godspeed Eddie.

Also what's with the weird hybrid version of the Ain't Got A Barrel of Money song? Why would we not have Woodward and Currie, but do have Colquhoun? That never happened. Surely we should just keep singing "We ain't got a barrel of money, but we've got Woodward and Currie".

Sorry, this might not be the forum for that digression but hopefully we'll be belting this one out to honour the great man so I just want to get it clear.
When did it change ? We used to sing “…but we’ve got Woodward and Currie and with Eddie Colquhoun promotion is soon..”

Quite fitting for a song at Wembley next Sat. I watched him in many games when I started as a youngster with my Grandad. A real stalwart. RIP and condolences to your family and friends.

was just going to post the same as Bfd Blades

When did it change ? We used to sing “…but we’ve got Woodward and Currie and with Eddie Colquhoun promotion is soon..”

Aye mate, and that's the version I still sing. I'm not sure when the changes crept in, only in the last few years I think (as seen in the Tweet Bladesman posted).

Back
Top Bottom