CONFIRMED Ricky Holmes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chuffin' lovleh.

Can't be doing with this long-running threads actually coming to sumat though, it's most unsettling. First Leonard, now Holmes. Do these tossers have no respect for a good Morsy or Burn style thread?!

Actually signing for us, the audacity of it all...

Chuffin' lovleh.

Can't be doing with this long-running threads actually coming to sumat though, it's most unsettling. First Leonard, now Holmes. Do these tossers have no respect for a good Morsy or Burn style thread?!

Actually signing for us, the audacity of it all...

They realised Adkins was at Hull now...

Based on what? One good performance at the Lane for Charlton? He’s never even played at Championship level and last season was his first season above League Two level.

At 30, I can take or leave signing him to be honest. He might do very well for us, but he’s far from a sure thing.

Unless we’re going to sign proven Championship quality (which we aren’t), I'd rather we looked to sign younger players with a point to prove and the potential to improve.
yeah Duffy and Fleck will never make it in this league.. err.. hold on a minute

Welcome to the Lane Ricky. Praise the Lord! :)

brh.jpg

Sure you've probably already seen this Fred, but this is a funny video of john Tudor, largely because of the American? commentator and his repeated John Tudor, there it is commentary!

Northern Irish surely. Granted, a tad modulated, presumably because he’s in England and commentating.

Listening to his interview the lad sounds like a hungry player tbh. Good addition in terms of ability but also for his mentality.

Loads of songs out there with "home" or "homes" in the title/lyrics. Towd Ricky's just waiting for the right song to be adapted for him!

Here's a bit of a pisstake (using an alternative John Denver song)

Ricky Holmes
Take the piss
At the place
We all belong
Beautiful downtown
Bramall La-ane
Take the piss
Ricky Holmes

yeah Duffy and Fleck will never make it in this league.. err.. hold on a minute

What have Duffy and Fleck got to do with Holmes?

I am well aware that players come from lower leagues and make the step up, but thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I would be inclined to agree, however taking into consideration Duffy’s age and the strong possibility that Holmes will now be first choice, Wilder could decide to move Duffy on.
He might “decide to move on” perhaps our most important player this season?
Why don’t you mention big spenders Wolves?

Spending money isn’t always bad.
Because we don't have the money that Wolves have.

I haven’t got a problem with Ricky Holmes’ age, unless their game is reliant on speed, footballers generally get better with experience.

30 is a great age, if he keeps himself fit, he could still easily earn a contract extension at Utd.

Great bit of business IMO :)

This is the thing, first and foremost Wilder players need to have desire and in his words....run around a lot. That’s the minimum. What he also wants is quality.

After missing out on Holmes in the summer, you would hope that Wilder has tasked his team of Scouts to find him a player similar for January, and after getting the results back Wilder still deeemed Holmes to be the best option for the club at this present time.
That time being within a certain budget. So for the money, Holmes ticked more boxes than other players that would cost around the £400k mark.

Holmes may be good for the next 18 months, and still be a saleable asset if in that time we are still moving forwards and look to get better in.

Northern Irish surely. Granted, a tad modulated, presumably because he’s in England and commentating.

It is Northern Irish but I thought it was American! Slightly off there! Its Danny Blacnhflower apparently. Heard of him but bit before my time!

Ricky Holmes speaks:

He tweeted: "Getting a lot of negative comments on here. When a club agrees to sell you [and] take a fee, you have a decision to make. My career has been a slow progression from Park football to where I am now. We play at our level to get to the next and hope to get to the top.

"Yes I would love to have done it with Charlton but that's no guarantee. I've been given the chance to play for another great club who are close to achieving that dream of top flight football, at my age I might not get another chance.

"In all jobs if you are offered a promotion you would be stupid not to take it, football seems to be different.

"I had a great time at Charlton, just a shame it wasn't more successful. I feel I always gave my all and hope the fans enjoyed my performances. Along the way I met some great people from fans, staff and players.

"It's a new chapter in the short career us footballers get and I can't wait to get started!

"I wish Charlton all the success the fans deserve."

I'm not sure I've ever seen a footballer write so eloquently!

Marc McNulty been texting to give him some tips on the fashion stakes in order to win us over.

Back
Top Bottom