CONFIRMED Ricky Holmes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

400k is the right sort of fee to be paying for him.

Yep and pleased Carruthers didn't go the other way. Still think there's room for him / i have an irrational hate for Karl Robinson

What a fabulous transfer window!

Whether Holmes is the last player in, or whether there's more to follow, the players that Wilder has brought in should add significantly to what we have already.

I think we'll definitely see added quality, perhaps even a change in tactics, but still with that attacking football that we've enjoyed since Wilder was appointed.

The whole 'will he, won't he' script that has followed Holmes since it was announced that we were in for him has pushed the excitement surrounding Leonard, Evans, and Wilson to one side a little. We now appear to have far more attacking options at our disposal, and who knows what formation Wilder will adopt now that we're bolstered by the new recruits? All in all we have a far stronger squad, and I hope it reflects Wilder's desire to push for the play-offs. UTMB!

Agreed. I think Wilder has one eye on playoffs this season, and one eye on automatic for next season - he's building a team to achieve that.

Hoorah. I have now concluded that there is no point reading a rumour thread until it hits 1000 replies. :)

You do know this is going all the way, and with increasing hysteria, to midnight on Jim White Day?...[/QUOTE

For the first time in years I won't give a monkeys about deadline day (apart from holding breath re any outgoings)

If Carlsberg did transfer windows......

You do know this is going all the way, and with increasing hysteria, to midnight on Jim White Day?...
It's going to be 'is Brooks/Fleck/JOC being sold in the the JTW' for the next two weeks and then once the window closes 'if we don't go up can we hang onto...'

I can do without all this neurosis. If we won the league next season there'd be people whittling about how we'll get on in the champions league.

Excellent signing and an excellent window...so far. All Wilder needs to do now is get BT to disconnect all our phone lines !
No - we need the phone lines on, so other clubs think that a fax can still get through!

The signuficant thing for me is “he offers something different” from our other midfielders.
He can run at defences, good at long shots and good at taking free-kicks and corners.

Wilder knows that we have problems against teams that sit back and park the bus.
So we need the David Brooks and Ricky Holmes options, players who can create magic.

No - we need the phone lines on, so other clubs think that a fax can still get through!
I remember semi-pro on five live as a studio guest when he was 'managing' Bury. Pulis came on the phone (it was deadline day and they were talking to a few managers about it) and Blackwell was trying to joke with Pulis about how he turned his phone off at eight so no one could make late offers for his players. Pulis just replied back 'yeah but I'd already been in the phone to your chairman and done a deal for Tong so I didn't care if your phone was on or off'.

It's going to be 'is Brooks/Fleck/JOC being sold in the the JTW' for the next two weeks and then once the window closes 'if we don't go up can we hang onto...'

I can do without all this neurosis. If we won the league next season there'd be people whittling about how we'll get on in the champions league.

c'mon BB, admit it to yourself. The sales are coming, the sales are coming.....................

Yep and pleased Carruthers didn't go the other way. Still think there's room for him / i have an irrational hate for Karl Robinson

Got to stop you there pal.

Your hatred is perfectly rational ;)

I have my doubts about Ricky - yes, he has a bit of talent but I wonder if he may be a bit of a lower league star (and he's what 30 now). I hope he proves me wrong and does well for us.

He should hopefully improve our set pieces which could be the difference in tight games, like against the Pigs.

DTmF1f7X4AE9Ryr.jpg:large

With Holmes, Duffy and Carruthers now competing for one shirt, you would think there is a decent chance either Duffy or Carruthers will be leaving?

I have my doubts about Ricky - yes, he has a bit of talent but I wonder if he may be a bit of a lower league star (and he's what 30 now). I hope he proves me wrong and does well for us.

He should hopefully improve our set pieces which could be the difference in tight games, like against the Pigs.

Clarke - Leading Scorer in the Championship = 32 years old
Duffy - 2nd in the league for Assists = 32 years old

Age seems to mean very little for CW's United. Also, I suspect CW knows a thing or two about players from the lower leagues...

With Holmes, Duffy and Carruthers now competing for one shirt, you would think there is a decent chance either Duffy or Carruthers will be leaving?

I would Imagine Samir, will be the one to make way, just not been able to show what he can do and needs games, I think he will go out on loan, unless we can get a good fee for him to sell permanently.

A few others not currently in the first squad might go too, maybe loans or perm, but I cant see any of the first team and those pushing will sacrificed as it does not fit the Wilder way.

You'd have to assume it's Carruthers, if anyone. The rumours about him going the other way to Charlton in the Holmes deal suggest that CW thinks his services are no longer a top priority.

I would Imagine Samir, will be the one to make way, just not been able to show what he can do and needs games, I think he will go out on loan, unless we can get a good fee for him to sell permanently.

A few others not currently in the first squad might go too, maybe loans or perm, but I cant see any of the first team and those pushing will sacrificed as it does not fit the Wilder way.

I would be inclined to agree, however taking into consideration Duffy’s age and the strong possibility that Holmes will now be first choice, Wilder could decide to move Duffy on.

I said same about Clarke when we signed him - 30 odd and past it. How wrong i was.

Back
Top Bottom