CONFIRMED Ricky Holmes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would be inclined to agree, however taking into consideration Duffy’s age and the strong possibility that Holmes will now be first choice, Wilder could decide to move Duffy on.

you might be right dude, either that or play Duffy only now again, as he never lasts the fully 90 most games.

you might be right dude, either that or play Duffy only now again, as he never lasts the fully 90 most games.

Other option is a change in formation with Holmes and Duffy playing wide, but I can’t really see that happening very often, if at all to be honest.

I would be inclined to agree, however taking into consideration Duffy’s age and the strong possibility that Holmes will now be first choice, Wilder could decide to move Duffy on.
I think we need Duffy. They're not spring chickens and I suspect at some point Holmes will need a rest, playing the way we do. Duffy could be a good impact sub.

Other option is a change in formation with Holmes and Duffy playing wide, but I can’t really see that happening very often, if at all to be honest.
I can see CW doing it in the second half so the opposition makes a sub to counter it, then he takes Holmes off and we go back to our normal formation.

I remember semi-pro on five live as a studio guest when he was 'managing' Bury. Pulis came on the phone (it was deadline day and they were talking to a few managers about it) and Blackwell was trying to joke with Pulis about how he turned his phone off at eight so no one could make late offers for his players. Pulis just replied back 'yeah but I'd already been in the phone to your chairman and done a deal for Tong so I didn't care if your phone was on or off'.

Hahahaha can you dig that clip out?

Making Blackwell look like the muppet he is sounds hilarious.

Hahahaha can you dig that clip out?

Making Blackwell look like the muppet he is sounds hilarious.
I doubt it, it was years ago, it just stuck in my mind. The impression I got was that whilst it was done as 'bantz' Pulis thought Blackwell was a bit of a tit. If I've got a minute I'll try to find it as there was probably only one deadline day whilst Blackwell was at Bury. Summer one I think as he'd been crowing about the trials he'd been holding (because he seems to have no scouts) and I remember him talking about players coming from all over Europe 'some of them played for their clubs for nothing'. Yes, you silly twat, they're called 'amateurs' which is what you get in the French fucking fourth division.

From Roy's 'View from Charlton'

'“3 opposition players on him every game as he is the only threat currently” reminded me of the pigs doubling up on Duffy & Fleck last weekend. Then the light bulb went on. If the team's made up players that can open up a game with creativity and flair, so oppo teams have to double/triple mark, what are they going to do when we've got Holmes, Duffy, Fleck, Brooks, Clarke and Donaldson all on the pitch at once? It's mouthwatering as a Blade but must be an absolute fucking nightmare to play and manage against.

It's going to be 'is Brooks/Fleck/JOC being sold in the the JTW' for the next two weeks and then once the window closes 'if we don't go up can we hang onto...'

I can do without all this neurosis. If we won the league next season there'd be people whittling about how we'll get on in the champions league.

Absolutely. Just enjoy the football. It’s clear that some can’t from the instant reactions whenever DB has a good game.

Oh, for the days of worry-free shite when nobody had any interest in our players, eh!...

Great signing again, hats off to the club for getting these done by mid month. We now have 2 players who have played regular football all season and just need to integrate into the team and 2 more who will need some match fitness and integration.

As Wilder said we are shopping in a different place to a lot of our rivals, however we seem to be picking up the right kind of players.

Not getting exited about any of the window signings
but CW has a limited budget
Wilson is coming back from a serious injury.
Holmes and Leanard have got to make the step up.
Evans, Wolves weren’t bothered about him,why?
Brook gets a shirt in front of any of the above

Ricky Holmes speaks:

He tweeted: "Getting a lot of negative comments on here. When a club agrees to sell you [and] take a fee, you have a decision to make. My career has been a slow progression from Park football to where I am now. We play at our level to get to the next and hope to get to the top.

"Yes I would love to have done it with Charlton but that's no guarantee. I've been given the chance to play for another great club who are close to achieving that dream of top flight football, at my age I might not get another chance.

"In all jobs if you are offered a promotion you would be stupid not to take it, football seems to be different.

"I had a great time at Charlton, just a shame it wasn't more successful. I feel I always gave my all and hope the fans enjoyed my performances. Along the way I met some great people from fans, staff and players.

"It's a new chapter in the short career us footballers get and I can't wait to get started!

"I wish Charlton all the success the fans deserve."

Good signing If he can reproduce form at Championship level , talented player with an eye for goal & scores more than a few from distance , could have done with him Friday to pop one in past the Stage Coach Depot ( S6 ) .
Pity we couldn’t have got the part ex for Carruthers , the ten bob back this way could have come in handy

Ricky Holmes speaks:

He tweeted: "Getting a lot of negative comments on here. When a club agrees to sell you [and] take a fee, you have a decision to make. My career has been a slow progression from Park football to where I am now. We play at our level to get to the next and hope to get to the top.

"Yes I would love to have done it with Charlton but that's no guarantee. I've been given the chance to play for another great club who are close to achieving that dream of top flight football, at my age I might not get another chance.

"In all jobs if you are offered a promotion you would be stupid not to take it, football seems to be different.

"I had a great time at Charlton, just a shame it wasn't more successful. I feel I always gave my all and hope the fans enjoyed my performances. Along the way I met some great people from fans, staff and players.

"It's a new chapter in the short career us footballers get and I can't wait to get started!

"I wish Charlton all the success the fans deserve."

Spot on, written well and seeming honest and truthful.

We'd all do well to remember this if (when) we lose a player we'd like to keep under similar circumstance.
Yes it's frustrating but this puts it so accurately and concisely it's hard to argue.

I cannot believe people think Duffy will be leaving, one of the first names on the team sheet, one of the best players this season, arguably our most skilful player, everybody loves watching him, Wilder is building a team of footballers not getting rid.

Jesus - do you need talking down from a ledge or something?

What a way to look at things.... We don’t ha e massive budget and we have managed to sign -

A young athletic midfielder who’s stood out in the league below winning numerous player of the year awards. And one adding some much needed pace to the middle of the park

A stand out performer in the league belows top side who’s recently become an international and is exactly what we need as cover for coutts.

A very highly rated forward who might be coming back from injury but playes for man united and started league games for them. And one who let’s not forget doesn’t need to start every game because we have the leagues top scorer already at the club.

A player wilder rates massively having worked with him before and scorer of spectacular goals (more than 50% of his Charlton goals coming from outside the box) and some X factor which we absolutely lack currently.

It’s been a great transfer window imo. Cheer up It night never happen

You need to reign your enthusiasm in a bit,clapper

Jesus - do you need talking down from a ledge or something?

What a way to look at things.... We don’t ha e massive budget and we have managed to sign -

A young athletic midfielder who’s stood out in the league below winning numerous player of the year awards. And one adding some much needed pace to the middle of the park

A stand out performer in the league belows top side who’s recently become an international and is exactly what we need as cover for coutts.

A very highly rated forward who might be coming back from injury but playes for man united and started league games for them. And one who let’s not forget doesn’t need to start every game because we have the leagues top scorer already at the club.

A player wilder rates massively having worked with him before and scorer of spectacular goals (more than 50% of his Carlton goals coming from outside the box) and some X factor which we absolutely lack currently.

It’s been a great transfer window imo. Cheer up It night never happen
You talk him down if you want, he can jump as far as I'm concerned.

;)

I cannot believe people think Duffy will be leaving, one of the first names on the team sheet, one of the best players this season, arguably our most skilful player, everybody loves watching him, Wilder is building a team of footballers not getting rid.
Have a dozen likes, Duffy is absolute quality and the fools who are saying drop him or move him on are stupid. Other teams can see he's our main man and are doubling up on him to stop our supply line and that's when somebody should be else should be taking advantage of the freedom created.

Back
Top Bottom