Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hope it works out for him and I'm confident it will. He reminds me so much of Billy Sharp when he was trying to succeed his 1 & 2nd time. Trying a little bit too hard to impress & snatching at chances instead of just concentrating on what he's good at being in the box and scoring goals.

I'd hate to see him as one of those players that ends up at a rival who's paid half the price and he ends up doing really well because there's 100% talent in there.

Poor lad is like a rabbit in the headlights in that interview. Comes across well though.

I realise this was probably tongue in cheek but I do wonder whether the CW mantra of “we want to create good quality opportunities” became a big contributor to us losing the willingness/ability to shoot during our bad run in the prem.

Did we become obsessive about it and it led to us not getting the best out of Rhian (and others?)?

If it is, hopefully, PH and co. are on the way to clearing the block.

We seemed more and more reluctant to shoot from the edge of the box under Wilder towards the end. Everything had to be recycled and worked down the channels.

It got worse once we went to a flat 3 in midfield.

Think Knilly was supposed to be the technical guy over Wilder but my guess re why Brewster didn't succeed last season was playing for a team where we created so few chances, the jump up in standard and the expectation was massive on him. Under Slav he was played in the wrong position, or not his best position and that was probably my biggest criticism of Slav from his time with us, that and playing just one up top when we have 6 or so forwards; both points on Slav relate to each other of course!

Jack Lester being a centre forward by trade could be a crucial factor in the development of Brewster. From his time at Swansea it's obvious that he has huge potential, we're seeing it more regularly now also.

Facts ^^^^^^^

The same logic needs to be applied to mcburnie / bogle / berge

Until very recently I saw nothing from him to suggest he could even make it as a professional footballer after his performances for us and even England under 21s.

Hopefully it was just a confidence thing and he's out of that lengthy slump but I am not going to stick my neck out and say he's cracked it just yet!

He’s out together two back to back decent showings and has a goal to show for it needs to focus on making that 3, 4 and 5 performances and then we can start talking about a corner being turned. He has the ability it’s about putting it out there.

Thanks to interviewer for making a big issue about his transfer fee! Yet again! It will do wonders for his confidence

Feel for the lad and us of course, shit news that.

Damn, that news is a blow, just as he was starting to come good. May be back in time for the play-offs though, fingers crossed.

Well just when we need our 20 odd million pound striker scoring he gets injured.
Now we all know the transfer fee meant nothing but blowing a shed load of money on potential when we needed proven , at that particular time

I honestly believe that we would be having the same debates in May as we have been / are now

Gutted for him - no great loss for us

Similar to Moose score a couple then away with an injury we don't get much luck. Berge a similar fee both expensive signings haven't contributed very much at all.

Besides Sharp and Didzy, Moose is often unavailable I can't see the club selling McBurnie we don't have the bodies to let him go.

That’s a real shame it’s also highly unusual to have the same freak injury happen to two players in the same squad

That’s a real shame it’s also highly unusual to have the same freak injury happen to two players in the same squad
Bristol City was the first time he'd looked like he could maybe end up making himself a career at L1/Championship level. Real shame for him

Feel sorry for lad. Let’s hope he’s dedicated to his profession. It’s easy to be one step away from smashing a lambo on a kebab run after playing fifa for 12 hours.

Has anyone actually said how long he is out for ?

Hecky said it was a significant hamstring injury that could be owt from 4 weeks to 6 months

When will the buy back clause run out ?

Be a blow for us if he suddenly hit devastating form, got us promoted and then Liverpuddle just took him back....

Could never happen could it,........ nah ..... :tumbleweed:

Back
Top Bottom