Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Starting to look a player now. Bit more aggressive, bit more off the ball movement and a bit more conviction in everything he does.

He just needs to learn to find space a little more. He's good with the ball at his feet, his shot is deadly. Just keep watching Billy in training. Just the nous that's missing.

Comes over well. Feel sorry for the guy that it hasn't "clicked" for him really but last 2 or 3 games there are green shoots that he can fulfil his reported potential.

Obviously a bit nervous and short of interview experience but he comes across as a really good kid.

GLTLL

I love that raw, none media savvy nervousness.

"When the manager was sacked...Erm, well"

"What can you do now to kick on?" "Score goals"

From the manager team interviews and training pitch videos, I think now is best chance to develop. Hopefully the new guys get out of him why is obviously there.

Seems a top lad and he just needs to stay in the team now, playing up top and no where else - he's not Didzy who of course can play off the strikers. It just doesn't make any sense to not play him in his best position and we need to play him now for a run of games, hopefully alongside McBurnie for similar reasons, they're very expensive assets and I've always thought those two would really compliment each other. Problem is that still leaves Sharp and Didzy on the bench although we could play Didzy in behind as he has played recently too.

Our team does need a coach more than a manager, that might be where wilder and slav failed

Our team does need a coach more than a manager, that might be where wilder and slav failed
Think Knilly was supposed to be the technical guy over Wilder but my guess re why Brewster didn't succeed last season was playing for a team where we created so few chances, the jump up in standard and the expectation was massive on him. Under Slav he was played in the wrong position, or not his best position and that was probably my biggest criticism of Slav from his time with us, that and playing just one up top when we have 6 or so forwards; both points on Slav relate to each other of course!

Jack Lester being a centre forward by trade could be a crucial factor in the development of Brewster. From his time at Swansea it's obvious that he has huge potential, we're seeing it more regularly now also.

If he gets a run of games & doesn't impress, then criticism is fair enough... but at least give him a chance first. Playing once in a blue moon regardless of how he played was never going to get the best out of him. I hope he gets some proper game time with the new gaffer & smashes it.

Obviously a bit nervous and short of interview experience but he comes across as a really good kid.

GLTLL
Yeah I agree, seems like a really nice lad who wants to give honest answers but looks on edge probably due to the media training teaching to be anything but honest and say the same monotonous shite that all footballers say. Hope it's turned for him now and he can kick on and score shit loads.

Just talk nice to Liverpool to activate the buy back clause LOL.....that should tell you if they think he's any good

I reckon he gets two against Cardiff and starts a run of form similar to his Swansea days where everything he hits goes in. I would say if he got that form back he’d be the best striker in the league bar Mitrovic. I’m not overrating him when I say that, it’s a shit league.

What a lovely lad
Absolutely. Makes me feel a bit guilty that I have been slagging him off! One of comments on YouTube said something similar; you forget it’s a person, and in this case a young man. I would be horrified if people were talking about my son like that, just because of his ability (or lack thereof) to kick a ball about. In any other type of work you get leeway for inexperience.
Makes you think.
Anyway, I am desperate for him to do well, can’t see any down side of that happens.

Love that video. Lovely lad, let's keep the faith. It's not his fault we paid that money!

Well we know how we can get him to score goals now one of the other players needs to point where the goal is and shout shoot (MGW)
I realise this was probably tongue in cheek but I do wonder whether the CW mantra of “we want to create good quality opportunities” became a big contributor to us losing the willingness/ability to shoot during our bad run in the prem.

Did we become obsessive about it and it led to us not getting the best out of Rhian (and others?)?

If it is, hopefully, PH and co. are on the way to clearing the block.

Still in the balance with Brewster, but can't help but see shades of the Ramsdale situation in him.

Young lad.
Clear pedigree.
Big money move.
Struggling team.
Low on confidence.
Occasional sign of quality.

Whether he turns the corner and shows what he's capable remains to be seen. However, the lesson learnt is not to write players off too soon... Took Ramsdale 6 months to come good, might take Brewster a bit longer

Genuinely not surehow he'll turn out, but there's a chance he could make a lot of people eat there words (me included!)

if he can score 2 more before 2021 ends he could be turning it round big style
looked far more comfortable v Bristol and contributed far more than before
Some players respond better to different coaching styles
I reckom McCall could be the catalyst to get the best out of Rhian

if he can score 2 more before 2021 ends he could be turning it round big style
looked far more comfortable v Bristol and contributed far more than before
Some players respond better to different coaching styles
I reckom McCall could be the catalyst to get the best out of Rhian

Definitely his final final final make or break chance with us. 4 different managers and styles (calling it 4 as there are more voices now than when just Hecky took over 1st time) lets hope it starts to flow goals.

Back
Top Bottom