CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone can view and bid on a house, that's the first part of the process. Getting the mortgage is the 2nd bit, if you can all's good if you can't the seller is informed and they carry on with viewings as your bid has fallen through.

Isn't that how it works?
You normally have to prove you’re able to get a mortgage before having a bid accepted on a house.

I’d love to have £150k cash down back of my settee for an house. 😁

For the deposit. It's been 12 years since I last moved but I was never asked to prove mortgage credentials before having a bid accepted.

it’s pretty standard practise these days to have a ‘mortgage in principal’ arranged for the asking price of the property before you negotiate.

it isn’t essential but many sellers / estate agents are keen to ensure they’re not wasting their time with someone who can’t afford the place or hasn’t bothered paying their credit card bills.

you can still offer less and apply for a smaller mortgage afterwards.

they involve a basic affordability calculation and a light credit check.

and with football transfers it’s true that negotiations between clubs and the personal terms are often agreed simultaneously. Initial enquires are made to make sure the player is for sale and affordable. Then while the clubs iron out the details the contact can be agreed.

Time have changed dramatically since then, everything has to be evidenced these days
Yep. My lad is buying , his Gran has lobbed a bit in to his deposit.

He's had to get her bank statements to show where the money has originated from. She is one unhappy Gran having to show that.

He's had to get her bank statements to show where the money has originated from. She is one unhappy Gran having to show that.
That a basic request, sometimes we have to evidence 12 months bank statements and prove they are related. Hassle central

Anyone can view and bid on a house, that's the first part of the process. Getting the mortgage is the 2nd bit, if you can all's good if you can't the seller is informed and they carry on with viewings as your bid has fallen through.

Isn't that how it works?
I don't know ,my missus has just come into an inheritance and started looking at places but you can't even view unless you have a mortgage in place
I could be completely wrong but that's what she thinks

I don't know ,my missus has just come into an inheritance and started looking at places but you can't even view unless you have a mortgage in place

mortgage in principal - not quite a full application which is done after the offer is accepted and specific numbers are known.

but she ain’t far off being right

As long as she’s looking at places for the both of you.

Obviously neither your lad nor your gran are wealthy/important enough to avoid routine money-laundering checks carried out by banks!

Isn't that how it works?
He’s just got to be sure it’s the Rightmove for him......

Im here for the foreseeable future, sorry!

Strange innit how Man city can buy Dias for £65m without hardly anyone knowing until 💥 it is all done and dusted.

It's a lot easier when you can just brute force it with money with no fear of repercussions.

For the deposit. It's been 12 years since I last moved but I was never asked to prove mortgage credentials before having a bid accepted.

When we moved last year no one would take us seriously unless we had a mortgage, lost out on a couple

We moved last year we could view properties but they wouldn't take our offers seriously without the mortgage guaranteed
We lost out on a couple of houses because of that.

Back
Top Bottom