CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's probably good faith on both sides through weeks of negotiation that we're now not far away in our valuations. We may have even matched their valuation but are discussing the structural terms of the deal.

With only a week left of the transfer window it probably makes sense to get the personal terms agreed (which can take time) whilst the small details between the clubs are ironed out.

It seems (from the outside) that Liverpool have been really good with us on this deal.

Slow is how I describe it although that could be us working our way from £1 to £17m

If he’s good enough for pool to spend 30-40m on him then we are going to be alright in terms of the transfer

I think this is the crux of the matter for me.

Pool have just spent £35m on Diego Jota and I'm quite sure the vast majority of Blades would snap your hand off if we were offered a player of his quality so if Liverpool end up invoking the buy back clause it will be because Brewster has been an absolute superstar for us and we will have paid £17m and will be getting £23m profit after a couple of stellar seasons so it's a win-win for me.

The issue with the buyback is if we don't spend the money on a replacement.

If we get him for £17m, sell him back to £40m in a couple of years and spend £40m on a new striker, fantastic. Great deal.

If we have to split that £40m up and buy another £15-20m striker, a CB and a midfielder, it's not as good, but that's up to us. Liverpool seem to be doing all they can for us as the Cap says.

If we get him for £17m, sell him back to £40m in a couple of years and spend £40m on a new striker, fantastic. Great deal.

If we have to split that £40m up and buy another £15-20m striker, a CB and a midfielder, it's not as good, but that's up to us. Liverpool seem to be doing all they can for us as the Cap says.
But what if that £15-£20 Mill striker is on a similar deal and then they are sold for £40 mill... could be something we use more if it’s successful

I will get pelters for this but defensively I don't think we need to worry ,we just haven't taken our scoring opportunities , but I think we need to push out the boat up front if we don't that's going to be our downfall ,We need to add 1more forward ( hopefully after brewster) and 2 attacking midfielders , I don't advocate the we will score 4 if they score 3 philosophy (my heart wouldn't take it )
I just want the board to back CW not enough to put us at risk but to think about keeping us in the EPL 😊😊
No pelters from me - spot on assessment imo

Yeah but look on the bright side we might have become extinct as a species by then

Yeah but look on the bright side we might have become extinct as a species by then

Sheffield United mole people interested in Brewster, however burrowing space and earthworm availability in Sheffield remain a stumbling block with Brewster's agent wanting 100 worms a week, considerably more than Sheffield United mole people's top earner David McMoledrick's weekly allotment of 20 worms and a woodlouse.

So why have Liverpool let him talk to us without agreeing a fee?

That’s generally how transfers work. Personal terms are agreed prior to negotiation between clubs for fees etc.

No point haggling over % sell on’s & £x after 2 seasons etc if the player wouldn’t agree to the transfer anyway.

That’s generally how transfers work. Personal terms are agreed prior to negotiation between clubs for fees etc.

No point haggling over % sell on’s & £x after 2 seasons etc if the player wouldn’t agree to the transfer anyway.

I would have thought it pointless unless the clubs had agreed a deal.

I would have thought it pointless unless the clubs had agreed a deal.

There will have been ‘enquiries’ (so is the player available, how much would you want etc) but the actual transfer deal wouldn’t be finalised until after the player says yes or no.

If Brewster has done enough in two years for Liverpool to spend 40 million buying him back then he will have done very well indeed and we as a club are likely to be in a strong position to replace him.

Not if the teams have broadly agreed the deal but the detail is still to be worked out. Standard.

If I bid for a house and feel confident I don't set up a mortgage until the seller accepts my offer. It doesn't sound right to me.

Buying club puts offer in if the selling club are satisfied they give permission to the buying club to contact the player. The final fee doesn’t have to be agreed for permission to be given. That is my understanding.

I'm pretty sure you do now

Anyone can view and bid on a house, that's the first part of the process. Getting the mortgage is the 2nd bit, if you can all's good if you can't the seller is informed and they carry on with viewings as your bid has fallen through.

Isn't that how it works?

Back
Top Bottom