Remaining Fixtures

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I have updated my table of remaining fixtures. I have added in Millwall as they are now ninth and probably have the easiest run in
View attachment 133897
Thanks for this.

As an aside - interesting to compare points from last 5 games amongst playoff contenders:

B'mouth - 8
Forest - 15
Hudders - 7
Luton - 8
Blades - 8
Blackburn - 5
Boro - 7
Millwall - 7

Almost identical for 6 of the 8. Everyone's stumbling a bit (except Forest). Really feels like 3 wins from our next 4 all fairly straightforward games and we're comfortably into the playoffs.

Thanks for this.

As an aside - interesting to compare points from last 5 games amongst playoff contenders:

B'mouth - 8
Forest - 15
Hudders - 7
Luton - 8
Blades - 8
Blackburn - 5
Boro - 7
Millwall - 7

Almost identical for 6 of the 8. Everyone's stumbling a bit (except Forest). Really feels like 3 wins from our next 4 all fairly straightforward games and we're comfortably into the playoffs.
I think it might take 11 or12 points to be sure of play offs

We could do with forest missing out on 2nd by a 95th minute goal to knock the wind out of their sails

Thanks for this.

B'mouth - 8
Forest - 15
Hudders - 7
Luton - 8
Blades - 8
Blackburn - 5
Boro - 7
Millwall - 7

8 points from 5 games is not stumbling. It's 73/74 points across a season which is bang in form for a play off spot.

Forest are the outlier and it will be interesting to see if they sustain it. If they do they'll go up in 2nd for sure.

I know we can't get carried away but might be worth bearing in mind that the teams finishing 3rd and 4th get the second leg at home. Would be bloody handy if we could.

For those of you who think Forest can get 2nd, while they do have games in hand they don't have any on Bournemouth as they've both played the same amount. Both have 7 league games to squeeze into less than 4 weeks.

But for our sake (should we finish in the Play Offs) I hope they do pip B'mouth as they'd probably be deflated being in second most of the season until the last minute.

Forest were better than us at the lane for large parts of the game but our disjointed
Mish mash of a team could and should have won that game
So let's not all touch each others tails about how invincible forest are

Still think we beat Forest with a fully fit squad so not quite sure why most are shitting themselves at the prospect of facing them in the play offs.

They're a really good side but so are we when we have everyone available and, once Sharp and Bash are back, that's what we'll have by then hopefully.

Still think we beat Forest with a fully fit squad so not quite sure why most are shitting themselves at the prospect of facing them in the play offs.

They're a really good side but so are we when we have everyone available and, once Sharp and Bash are back, that's what we'll have by then hopefully.
Yep, we were 30 seconds from beating them with our second string team. Forest are a good team but I think they might have timed their run a little too early. Still 7 games to play for them.

This is the beauty (or the pain) of the championship!

If we'd won yesterday and we'd also hung on to beat Forest, we'd now be 2pts behind Bournemouth in 3rd and Forest wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Mental division, plenty of twists and turns left yet

We could do with forest missing out on 2nd by a 95th minute goal to knock the wind out of their sails

Probably because we don't have "a fully fit squad." I agree, put Jack O'Connell, Jayden Bogle, Chris Basham, David McGoldrick, Billy Sharp & Rhian Brewster back into our squad and we beat them.
But whilst we're struggling for goals and wins, Forest are flying at the moment.

I really hope they get 2nd, they're a much better side than Bournemouth (right now) who I'd fancy us against.

Least if we do get into the playoffs we can at least watch them live. Must have been a bit shit during Covid for that. Currently resident localalist Harrogate Town got to Wembley twice within a few weeks but both had no fans due to Covid.

Think they will pip Bournemouth for 2nd tbh

Id rather avoid them in the playoffs if we can - They are the best side i have seen at BDTBL this season , not saying we couldn't get past them but id rather avoid them

Forest are on a great run at the minute and if they keep it up I think Bournemouth will be caught by them.

However it's still a big IF. They have to close a 6 point gap in 7 games and although they play Bournemouth in one of those they also play Fulham away too, West Brom and Luton away.

We need to just focus on us one game at a time. Reading are resurgent so Good Friday could well be tricky. Cardiff have nothing to play for which can be dangerous and Bristol City are in that camp too.
However if we manage to get 3 wins from these I think we are there.

Going back to the football, I would welcome who ever if we make the play offs anything can still happen but 3 wins should be enough. After that it's a 9 day break and go again rest up plenty of TLC and a good piss up should give the players a full recharge UTB FTP

As someone from South Yorkshire who lived through it as a young adult and with family who worked in the coal mines i would appear to have more of a clue than you
So your family went back to work?! Down some Nottingham mines. Good for them. Not good shouting about that around these parts.

I hope Forest snatch that 2nd place off the Cherries (Bournemouth). Forest best team I have seen Utd play this season @ BDTBL. All been well then the Cherries will be feeling so pissed off by missing that easy way up with spending most of the season sitting in top 2 and who ever ends up playing the Cherries in the 2 leg playoffs knots them out. Cherries won't want to do it the hard way via paly offs again after loosing to Brentford last season

Back
Top Bottom