Remaining Fixtures

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m sure that fans of the other clubs in contention will be poring over the remaining fixtures too, and I would expect that the majority of them will be of the view that we have a very favourable run-in compared to everyone else.

If we can’t comfortably get what we require from strugglers Reading, and desperately short of form Bristol City, Cardiff and QPR, there’s something wrong.
I agree but ssshhhhhhhhh!!

As the Son of a Sheffield coal miner you really should move on. Many of the people who support Forest these days weren’t old enough to have anything to do with the Strikes. There’s really no need to continue to associate coal mining in the 80’s with supporting a football team in 2022.
I have moved on and me dad, he's been in the building game now for years and I'm glad he's not down them pits. Was the little snide of the cuff comment by Bartman that got me triggered. Because they wanted work. My old boy is 62 now and he'll do 7 days graft most weeks not a problem. P.s I've worked with loads of Nottingham lads and I don't give it the Scab shit 😉

I have moved on and me dad, he's been in the building game now for years and I'm glad he's not down them pits. Was the little snide of the cuff comment by Bartman that got me triggered. Because they wanted work. My old boy is 62 now and he'll do 7 days graft most weeks not a problem. P.s I've worked with loads of Nottingham lads and I don't give it the Scab shit 😉
It wasn't a 'snide' comment. They went to work and one of the reasons was that the union didnt ballot the members to see if they wanted to strike. As ststed in other posts, there were reasons why the NUM didn't want to get the opinion of its membership. It was just as much as an ego trip for AS as it was for MT and the miners suffered because of this along AS refusing to acknowledge in the first few months that he was going to lose.

It wasn't a 'snide' comment. They went to work and one of the reasons was that the union didnt ballot the members to see if they wanted to strike. As ststed in other posts, there were reasons why the NUM didn't want to get the opinion of its membership. It was just as much as an ego trip for AS as it was for MT and the miners suffered because of this along AS refusing to acknowledge in the first few months that he was going to lose.
You know your stuff and I don't want to fall out with you. Just know we were poor AF at the time through no fault of my old boys. He may have been mislead, misguided. Glad he's out of them now because he's made more money in the building game than he ever did down there.

Think they will pip Bournemouth for 2nd tbh
I’ve got a quid on forest getting 2nd. Works in our favour, forest were one of the best teams we’ve seen at BDTBL this season. Bounmouth got of light with poor finishing and bad refereeing. Would rather face Bournemouth if we made play offs

I’ve got a quid on forest getting 2nd. Works in our favour, forest were one of the best teams we’ve seen at BDTBL this season. Bounmouth got of light with poor finishing and bad refereeing. Would rather face Bournemouth if we made play offs
Perhaps

Need you on other posts

Agree entirely , although rather than being one of the best teams I would say Forest were the best by some distance and we came very close to beating them .

Bournemouth in the play offs would be just fine for me , and would give us the chance to right the wrongs we’ve experienced with them so far .

Regarding the industrial relations segment of this thread, I know loads of Burnley and Blackburn fans and have observed down the years that the dislike/hatred of each other is deeper on the Burnley side. When I've asked why, nobody really knew and I assumed it was jealousy as most of the past 40 odd years Blackburn have been in the ascendancy. Eventually one bloke explained that it was because a strike effort in the local millls of East Lancs was broken by Blackburn workers who carried on working. That was in the late 1800's so if you think acrimony over stuff from the 1980's is old hat....

I think historical dislike and chants like the "scabs" one evolve over time from genuine bitterness to simply pantomime horseplay so in that sense I don't mind if we continue it. It actually creates an edge and a tension that always makes games against Forest better than they might otherwise be.

And back to the remaining fixtures Found this View attachment 134066
Our number on that is hugely bumped up by having Fulham on the last day. If you did it for the next 4 games then the average would be 1.19 which would only leave Blackpool below us on the ‘easier’ scale.

We need to be careful here. "Easy" = banana skin. Bristol City and Millwall probably looked easier in 18/19.

Back
Top Bottom