Relegation dilemna

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Big axe with Toffees Hans fuckin Segars cheating bastard Wimbledon 2-0 and he throws the game, really hope Everton get relegated
Not really Evertons fault though Wimbledon were allegedly fixing the game to make money for betting rings, not to keep the toffees up. I wouldn't say this was definitely true cos maybe I could still get sued by the cheating fuckers.

Whilst i dont particularly like Leeds Forrest Leicester and West Ham. Any of these would be great to see relegated. But to see Everton go down would be pure football theatre. Wonder how the football authorities would try to stop it, if it meant they would go tits up.

Those saying they’re not bothered about Everton obviously weren’t around for the match fixing scandal that sent United down.

I’d love to see them go down along with Forest and their arrogant thuggish supporters, and West Ham who’ve had it coming a long time.

Lovely to see Forest in the bottom 3.

Definitely they’re the ones top of my list for preferred relegation candidates.

Then like Warnock, I’d love to shake all the forest players hands on the last day when they’ve been relegated and tell them

“Serves you right for Dog Nonce that does”
Have they been charged with the pitch invasion yet ?

Whilst i dont particularly like Leeds Forrest Leicester and West Ham. Any of these would be great to see relegated. But to see Everton go down would be pure football theatre. Wonder how the football authorities would try to stop it, if it meant they would go tits up.
There will be all sorts of strange results during Everton's final games , influenced by VAR & goal-line technology.
If that's not enough + they experience any financial hardship from going down , the idea of stopping parachute payments will be replaced by a motion to triple them ... (which might suit us).
If that's not enough and administration is on the horizon ...
The FA would buy Everton's new ground for £600m as part of "levelling-up" (to counter suggestions that Wet Sham were unfairly favoured with the corrupt deal for the London Stadium).
Everton would pay a similar peppercorn rent in perpetuity.
Anyone who imagines that there is a level playing field in PL football has not considered the obscene levels of finance involved or looked at some of the decisions on & off the field where they pertain to the "big clubs" and the "also-rans" , let alone the "riff-raff" as the FA consider us.

Forest, Leeds, Leicester. Keep Everton in the Prem cos we always beat them away
Last time I went to Everton we lost 2:0.
The time before that, I went in the 80s we lost 4:0. After the night game, well past 10pm kids followed us back to the coach, they must have been 10 year old, threatening us, told em to get home to bed.
Scum club.

There's no statute of limitations on disliking a team. This thread is about who we want to go down and a lot of people want those two teams relegated because they're bent cunts.

And as bad as we were in 2007, we would have got more points than West Ham if they hadn't illegally played a top player all season.
What was wrong with that was to be continually allowed to play him.

No issue with O’Brien at Forest having no job to go to because of the 25 man squad rule so why did they simply not stop Tevez and Mascherano participating for the rest of the season? Yes they should have docked points we all know that, but having been caught, for him to then score the winner at Old Trafford was ridiculous.

But personally I do feel we put the West Ham thing to bed when we knocked them out the league cup and furthermore when we beat them at home.

I have no axe to grind with them.

Everton is a bit of an unlanced boil after our relegation under Bassett. I do like Dyche but as a club they deserve it for what went before and for their overall appalling ownership efforts of late.

Ideally them, Forest and Leeds but Southampton are going to scupper that by being so shit. There would be a nice story Marsch going to Leicester and sending Leeds down.

Last time I went to Everton we lost 2:0.
The time before that, I went in the 80s we lost 4:0. After the night game, well past 10pm kids followed us back to the coach, they must have been 10 year old, threatening us, told em to get home to bed.
Scum club.
I think I was at that game in the 80’s. Adrian Heath ripped us a new one. Totally outclassed.

Some of the younger people might well wonder why there is a universal hatred of Leeds United us older people know only too well. Before the 1960's Leeds had always been a club mostly 2nd division and like most of the towns in West Yorkshire egg chasing was the preferred winter game in Leeds. LUFC were formed when Leeds City were disbanded for making illegal payment to players. Most of the time when they reached the first division they were quickly relegated a bit like present day Norwich City. After going on 55 years of being a nothing club Don Revie took charge in the early 60's changing their strip to all white like Real Madrid ffs. Now think of everything you hate about modern football and it was introduced by Revie's Leeds United, diving, cheating, feigning injury, surrounding and intimidating referee's and down right dirty play, thuggery and shithousing were all tools used to get an advantage. In one Inter cities Fairs cup final Revie even got the Leeds Fire Brigade out to flood the Elland road pitch in an effort to stop Real Zaragoza winning. That really is why the terms Dirty Leeds and Leeds Scum persist to this day sportsmanship was an alien concept to them bastards their fans were just as bad too. Brian Clough got it spot on with his opening talk to the players when he became manager for 44 days when he told them they had never won anything fairly and had cheated to win the league.
Then we have the Risdale years when he took out huge loans to be repaid by money generated from the European cup just one thing the wankers didn't qualify leaving them with huge debts and no way of paying them. Even after fire sales administration followed cheating local companies and investors no Co-op bank to save them. A vile club cheating is in their DNA much like that other vile club in south Barnsley.

Last edited:
What was wrong with that was to be continually allowed to play him.

No issue with O’Brien at Forest having no job to go to because of the 25 man squad rule so why did they simply not stop Tevez and Mascherano participating for the rest of the season? Yes they should have docked points we all know that, but having been caught, for him to then score the winner at Old Trafford was ridiculous.

But personally I do feel we put the West Ham thing to bed when we knocked them out the league cup and furthermore when we beat them at home.

I have no axe to grind with them.

Everton is a bit of an unlanced boil after our relegation under Bassett. I do like Dyche but as a club they deserve it for what went before and for their overall appalling ownership efforts of late.

Ideally them, Forest and Leeds but Southampton are going to scupper that by being so shit. There would be a nice story Marsch going to Leicester and sending Leeds down.

I actually agree about the West Ham thing being put to bed in a sense, I put in another thread that they've served their time given the League Cup win, Snodgrass and all that. I'd much prefer any of Forest, Leeds, Leicester and Everton to be relegated instead. I just don't like this revisionism that they did nothing wrong and it was all down to us.

Some of the younger people might well wonder why there is a universal hatred of Leeds United us older people know only too well. Before the 1960's Leeds had always been a club mostly 2nd division and like most of the towns in West Yorkshire egg chasing was the preferred winter game in Leeds. LUFC were formed when Leeds City were disbanded for making illegal payment to players. Most of the time when they reached the first division they were quickly relegated a bit like present day Norwich City. After going on 55 years of being a nothing club Don Revie took charge in the early 60's changing their strip to all white like Real Madrid ffs. Now think of everything you hate about modern football and it was introduced by Revie's Leeds United, diving, cheating, feigning injury, surrounding and intimidating referee's and down right dirty play, thuggery and shithousing were all tools used to get an advantage. In one Inter cities Fairs cup final Revie even got the Leeds Fire Brigade out to flood the Elland road pitch in an effort to stop Real Zaragoza winning. That really is why the terms Dirty Leeds and Leeds Scum persist to this day sportsmanship was an alien concept to them bastards their fans were just as bad too. Brian Clough got it spot on with his opening talk to the players when he became manager for 44 days when he told them they had never won anything fairly and had cheated to win the league.
Then we have the Risdale years when he took out huge loans to be repaid by money generated from the European cup just one thing the wankers didn't qualify leaving them with huge debts and no way of paying them. Even after fire sales administration followed cheating local companies and investors no Co-op bank to save them. A vile club cheating is in their DNA much like that other vile club in south Barnsley.
Yer right that Leeds team were masters of the dark arts and laws were more permissive bitd. I remember Jack Charlton running half the width of the pitch to seemingly take out Woodward waste high , nearly split him in half. The elbow as they went up to challenge for a header, Bremner, Hunter, Charlton etc. Clough told em they were cheats and lasted a few weeks. having been born in Leeds and growing up to the north of Barnsley I was surrounded by Leeds fans. Hated them.

For me there's a rivalry with Leeds (even outside football) - but not a hatred, same with West Ham. We need spikey games if we get promoted, and let's be fair, these would be cracking games.
Forest I used to like (in 1979 / Clough's era) and then forgot about them, but after last season (and the annoying Darren Fletcher on 5 Live) I actually hate them! Want them down 100%.
Everton - I prefer them as I dislike Liverpool - but would be funny to see them relegated.
Southampton are gone, so I only get 2; Forest and Everton.

So you’re going for Leeds MB.
To be honest out of the half dozen teams that could go down I’m spoilt for choice.

West Ham cheated, got caught, should have had the book thrown at them but were given a slap on the wrist so not to upset their fans. Then cheated some more continuing to claim they had ripped up the third party clause. (They haddent!). Still wrankles with me!

There will be all sorts of strange results during Everton's final games , influenced by VAR & goal-line technology.
If that's not enough + they experience any financial hardship from going down , the idea of stopping parachute payments will be replaced by a motion to triple them ... (which might suit us).
If that's not enough and administration is on the horizon ...
The FA would buy Everton's new ground for £600m as part of "levelling-up" (to counter suggestions that Wet Sham were unfairly favoured with the corrupt deal for the London Stadium).
Everton would pay a similar peppercorn rent in perpetuity.
Anyone who imagines that there is a level playing field in PL football has not considered the obscene levels of finance involved or looked at some of the decisions on & off the field where they pertain to the "big clubs" and the "also-rans" , let alone the "riff-raff" as the FA consider us.
Look at Spurs yesterday… the amount of bias they received to “beat” Brighton was sickening!

This will apply to Everton at some point if needed.

leeds-players-surround-referee-ray-tinkler-21928548.jpg.webp

View attachment 157554
View attachment 157555
That's why senior blades hate Leeds! They were a set of thugs who used anything to win a game sculptured by Don Revie.
Who ran out on England because he put money first. All fresh in my memory and a fair number of Blades in my age group.

Only downside to Forest going down is it'll make it more difficult to sign OBrien, if we still want him which I think we will, because they'll suddenly want to keep him

I guess we'd also want the spicy games against the likes of them, Leeds and West Ham but more important than that is having as many teams as possible we feel we can finish above. Maybe Leeds can serve both purposes, so I want them to stay up. Its not like we don't have a good record against them

When we play them it's a Yorkshire derby don't get me wrong but we aren't really rivals though are we? Maybe not so much these days but historically they were a club of higher stature than us that we could've only dreamed of to be fair.

Like I've just said to Silent I can't understand why you'd still hold grudges about happenings from around 50 years ago so as for them signing a few of our best players around that time, well that's what happens in football you lose your best players to the bigger clubs and unfortunately Leeds were one of England's best and biggest clubs in the 60's and early 70's.

I don't know anything of or ever heard of Leeds folk thinking they're more 'Yorkshire' than Sheffielders so I can't comment much. This is just me personally, but I don't quite buy into the 'being proud of where you come from' as I think you'd be proud wherever you happened to be born and bred, you'd be a proud Cockney, Scouser, Manc and Glaswegian etc etc as you wouldn't know any different. I am proud I come from Sheffield but I'm just not that mega on it.
My Dad held a grudge against Newcastle that went back to 1947.😲

He died in 2019.

That's why senior blades hate Leeds! They were a set of thugs who used anything to win a game sculptured by Don Revie.
Who ran out on England because he put money first. All fresh in my memory and a fair number of Blades in my age group.
Great team

I was about to agree, until I remembered all the Tevez mask-wearing supporters when they played us...
There’s that, but my contempt for that steptoe faced piggy bastard Vardy and that dizzy bint Aldi Megan Markle wife of his trumps that so Leicester going down would be nice…..

I understand the hate for that piggy cunt Vardy, but isn't looking like Albert Steptoe punishment enough in life.

Nope, he still gets to send one up Aldi Megan Markle so that’s hardly a fitting punishment for ratboy….

Trouble is they didn't need to they could have been as well known as the Barcelona of that era
Johnny Giles was a hell of a player plus a lot of the others but as you say revie wanted them to win dirty
And they nicked mick Jones

OK you've provided a bit of evidence there but do you really still hold grudges about events that happened around 50 years ago?

Anyway in those pictures are just scuffles and fisticuffs which weren't uncommon in any football match especially back in those days! In fact kerfuffles still happen to this day so certainly nothing out of the ordinary I'd say and it's more to do with the players themselves rather than fans still wanting to hold a grudge 50 years later.
Kind of get your point.

I think sometimes hatred is just hardwired in, but sometimes with some people it fades over time.

West Ham for example. There’s no doubt in my mind that they cheated with the tevez thing, and at the time I was very much of the mindset of fuck them and the horse they rise in on. Now, not so much.

Forest, it’s not hatred more a desire to see the looks on their entitled fucking supporters faces when they go down. Must be a Nottingham thing as Panthers fans are wankers too in my experience.

You've only got to look at the scabs next few games to realise they're in deep s**t, as a blade living in scabland it'll be retribution for last season and that tosser Johnson as well

Back
Top Bottom