Relegation dilemna

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The owner will not demand repayment on relegation - why should he want to put his own club into admin + spoil their immediate return to PL ?
Same article reveals that PL have already missed an opportunity to proceed against them for breach of P&S rules re excessive losses - I wonder whose palm was greased to avoid that slam-dunk points deduction - they are one of the most "protected inner-circle" clubs , it's all corrupt and I hate the toffee bastards but there's no way the PL will ever allow them to fail.
1994 proved that , to our cost.

The owner will not demand repayment on relegation - why should he want to put his own club into admin + spoil their immediate return to PL ?
Same article reveals that PL have already missed an opportunity to proceed against them for breach of P&S rules re excessive losses - I wonder whose palm was greased to avoid that slam-dunk points deduction - they are one of the most "protected inner-circle" clubs , it's all corrupt and I hate the toffee bastards but there's no way the PL will ever allow them to fail.
1994 proved that , to our cost.
You seem so certain of all the points you make there doesn't seem much point in arguing with you so I won't bother

Southampton are gone I reckon, next in line for me are Forest after their antics in the play offs, and which football fan in the country could give those perennial cheats Leeds a free pass? At the moment it is looking like Soton, Leicester and Forest for the drop I suppose one out of three aint bad. I pray every night that the Scabs get relegated.

leeds-players-surround-referee-ray-tinkler-21928548.jpg.webp

View attachment 157554
View attachment 157555

OK you've provided a bit of evidence there but do you really still hold grudges about events that happened around 50 years ago?

Anyway in those pictures are just scuffles and fisticuffs which weren't uncommon in any football match especially back in those days! In fact kerfuffles still happen to this day so certainly nothing out of the ordinary I'd say and it's more to do with the players themselves rather than fans still wanting to hold a grudge 50 years later.

Doesnt matter who any of us ‘want’ to go down. Southampton,Leicester & Forest will stay where they are now and go down.

Ideally we should be hoping the more powerful clubs like Everton, West Ham & maybe Leicester City get relegated as those clubs could potentially turn themselves around next season.

As much as I detest Forest, we'd have a much better chance of of survival if the likes of them and Leeds were still in it. The atmosphere and sense of occasion for those games would be hard to beat as well.

Forest, Leeds, Leicester. Keep Everton in the Prem cos we always beat them away

Because rivalries aren't always to do with matches in the past or a given event.

In this case, it's geography and the Sheffield/Leeds relationship with them always thinking they're 'more Yorkshire', and in some way better. It's also down to them nicking our best players historically.

Mainly though, I'd suggest it's down to them being an utter, utter bunch of c***ts.

When we play them it's a Yorkshire derby don't get me wrong but we aren't really rivals though are we? Maybe not so much these days but historically they were a club of higher stature than us that we could've only dreamed of to be fair.

Like I've just said to Silent I can't understand why you'd still hold grudges about happenings from around 50 years ago so as for them signing a few of our best players around that time, well that's what happens in football you lose your best players to the bigger clubs and unfortunately Leeds were one of England's best and biggest clubs in the 60's and early 70's.

I don't know anything of or ever heard of Leeds folk thinking they're more 'Yorkshire' than Sheffielders so I can't comment much. This is just me personally, but I don't quite buy into the 'being proud of where you come from' as I think you'd be proud wherever you happened to be born and bred, you'd be a proud Cockney, Scouser, Manc and Glaswegian etc etc as you wouldn't know any different. I am proud I come from Sheffield but I'm just not that mega on it.

Lovely to see Forest in the bottom 3.

Definitely they’re the ones top of my list for preferred relegation candidates.

Then like Warnock, I’d love to shake all the forest players hands on the last day when they’ve been relegated and tell them

“Serves you right for Dog Nonce that does”

Easy. Forest followed by Leeds followed by West Ham
Agree with your first two.

I`m ambivalent about West Ham. Obviously there`s the ever present memory of the Carlos Tevez affair, yet I do have sympathy for their long standing fans. Having to leave a cracking place to watch football, Upton Park, to the soulless arena of an athletics stadium, in spite of 60,000 fans, I wonder how I would feel, under any circumstances, if the original United left Bramall Lane.
Easy. Forest followed by Leeds followed by West Ham

I'm interested to know what Leeds have ever done to us to make lots of posters say they'd like to see them go down? What negative history do we have with them, particularly on the pitch?

I can only think of us getting the upper hand on them quite a number of times especially this century!

There was the Jags' screamer cup upset when they were still a PL club in the early 00's, unexpectedly beating them 2-0 at home (Bjørn Helge Riise 🇳🇴 scored) not long before we were relegated in 2011 which saw them lose out on the Play Offs, did the league double over them in our first season back in the Championship (Sharp's overhead volley!!) and then the following season pipping them to automatic promotion right at the business end of the season where they had occupied 2nd for the vast majority of that season.
Try working in Leeds for years and having to listen to the wankers. Also Mick Jones, TC, Sabella added to the truly obnoxious set of twats that Revie put together.
Maybe a generational and or geographic one but they’re virtually on a level with Wednesday for me. I know that’s not everyone but as a non Sheffielder I know fewer Wednesdayites than I do Leeds so them to go down every day and twice on Sundays

Forest and Leeds obviously, not sure after that though, I might actually go for Leicester over West Ham, if only for that cunt Vardy.

Southampton's continued ineptitude might ruin all our fun, though.
If Leicester go down Vardy probably stays there. Be glorious to see him score against Wednesday

Just Forest would do me nicely thank you very much

After last season and all the reckless piss taking spending it would be extremely sweet to swap places with them. They truly deserve it

Forget Wednesday, forget Leeds, forget anything else. Forest's relegation would seal an unimaginably perfect ending

Then MGW can have another season in the championship
No he'll be back with us, where he belongs!

I think the animosity between us and Leeds has waned over the years. But I’ve found there’s something nasty and quite vitriolic about this so-called rivalry with Nottingham Forest. I don’t know where it comes from specifically, but where I may laugh my arse off at Wendy’s downfall, I really do have an unhealthy dislike for the scabs.

I'm interested to know what Leeds have ever done to us to make lots of posters say they'd like to see them go down? What negative history do we have with them, particularly on the pitch?

I can only think of us getting the upper hand on them quite a number of times especially this century!

There was the Jags' screamer cup upset when they were still a PL club in the early 00's, unexpectedly beating them 2-0 at home (Bjørn Helge Riise 🇳🇴 scored) not long before we were relegated in 2011 which saw them lose out on the Play Offs, did the league double over them in our first season back in the Championship (Sharp's overhead volley!!) and then the following season pipping them to automatic promotion right at the business end of the season where they had occupied 2nd for the vast majority of that season.
For those of us old enough to remember this cunt.
Would smack the little ginger twat tomorrow if I saw him for it

A8B85F90-6560-462D-A345-AF5390198094.jpeg

A Premier League season is better with games (and particularly away days) against Leeds, Forest and Everton than it is with the other relegation candidates. So as much as I'd like them to get relegated every week normally, this season I'd prefer those three to stay up.

Palace Palace Palace cos a Fxxking hate them hate them hate them, oh o o o oh, simply because of the shitiest football chant ever, oh and Fxxking Wilf Saha, biggest cheat in football.

OK you've provided a bit of evidence there but do you really still hold grudges about events that happened around 50 years ago?

Anyway in those pictures are just scuffles and fisticuffs which weren't uncommon in any football match especially back in those days! In fact kerfuffles still happen to this day so certainly nothing out of the ordinary I'd say and it's more to do with the players themselves rather than fans still wanting to hold a grudge 50 years later.

A lot of the reason I’ve no love for Leeds pre-dates my time. But a bit of a delve into history shows what that club is built on, and it’s not pretty.

Even without that lore, they’ve been plenty ugly enough in my lifetime too.

It’s not about rivalry for me - they’ve almost always been fighting in a weight class above us in my era. It’s just an institution with ugliness in its dna.

Palace Palace Palace cos a Fxxking hate them hate them hate them, oh o o o oh, simply because of the shitiest football chant ever, oh and Fxxking Wilf Saha, biggest cheat in football.

For what it’s worth, I dislike a number of nothing clubs that owe their position purely to being in the orbit of London money.

Give me Huddersfield or Sunlan ahead of Palace or Watford a thousand times over.

Forest. Leeds. West Ham.
A couple of my oldest mates from the Army are Everton fans and I have a soft spot for them. However there is the aura about them that they are part of the ‘unrelegateables’ that think they have a divine right to be in the top tier so I part of me would love them to go down.
I

When we play them it's a Yorkshire derby don't get me wrong but we aren't really rivals though are we? Maybe not so much these days but historically they were a club of higher stature than us that we could've only dreamed of to be fair.

Like I've just said to Silent I can't understand why you'd still hold grudges about happenings from around 50 years ago so as for them signing a few of our best players around that time, well that's what happens in football you lose your best players to the bigger clubs and unfortunately Leeds were one of England's best and biggest clubs in the 60's and early 70's.

I don't know anything of or ever heard of Leeds folk thinking they're more 'Yorkshire' than Sheffielders so I can't comment much. This is just me personally, but I don't quite buy into the 'being proud of where you come from' as I think you'd be proud wherever you happened to be born and bred, you'd be a proud Cockney, Scouser, Manc and Glaswegian etc etc as you wouldn't know any different. I am proud I come from Sheffield but I'm just not that mega on it.
I'm not old enough to hang on to 50 year old grudges mate but I really don't think this concept's too complicated. West Ham and Everton, aye we have a reason to feel put out by them- 20 and 30 years ago respectively.

Leeds are a local rival yes, but also the other biggest city in Yorkshire. There's nothing particularly surprising in there being a rivalry between the two biggest cities in a region which then translates to football (Manchester/Liverpool, Forest/Leicester etc etc).

Added to that players leaving for them, the fans not being particularly wonderful over the years and what have you. Basically though yes, you nailed the argument yourself....local rivalry between clubs and cities and maybe a bit of resentment that they seem to view themselves as bigger.

As for not picking up on the fact that Leeds/Bradford etc see themselves as 'proper Yorkshire' and us being on the periphery, no problem pal. And your identity of where you're from, again, no problems pal.

But answering where the rivalry comes from, historically it's obviously Wednesday first, I'd say Leeds absolutely second. West Ham and Everton not at all but we've had past reasons to feel pissed off....and Forest, they're localish but mainly stemming from the miners strike and beefed up hugely by encounters in recent years and the charm they've shown.

Back
Top Bottom