Referee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ref missed a whole host of fouls, then for me capped it off by giving them a throw in cos apparenfly baldock didnt take it in the right place, whilst letting their lads take the piss constantly at throw ins, time wasting, walking about 10 yards up the line. Shows how low the bar is now when people think that was a competent ref performance.

Norwood shouldn’t have put the ball on the spot before the two keepers were in position. Just as responsible for the length of time he had to wait as Samba. Put himself under pressure.
And letting the keeper dance and piss about before every penalty without controllinghim with a booking ... all good I guess

Best refereeing performance of the season…. Without taking owt away from him though it wasn’t hard to get that accolade this season after some of the utter dross officiating we’ve been subject to

Berge got wwf superslammed twice in the penalty area and no pen .... but he was the best ref we've had according to most ... half the people on here clearly want us to lose

I thought he was excellent tonight and very fair. He let lots go and didn’t want to be the star of the show like lots of them do.
Slight negative was the holding in the box at set pieces but we probably did exactly the same to them.
MGW dived second half anticipating a tackle but he just ignored it. Was quite refreshing actually

Ref missed a whole host of fouls, then for me capped it off by giving them a throw in cos apparenfly baldock didnt take it in the right place, whilst letting their lads take the piss constantly at throw ins, time wasting, walking about 10 yards up the line. Shows how low the bar is now when people think that was a competent ref performance.
He didn’t take it in the right place TWICE it’s the rules

Berge got wwf superslammed twice in the penalty area and no pen .... but he was the best ref we've had according to most ... half the people on here clearly want us to lose
I most certainly don’t want us to lose. I’ve been to enough games, watched enough games on the tv and experienced far too many shit referees, to not recognise when a ref has a decent game and he did.
If you think he’s at fault for us not getting through then you are wrong.

Last edited:
Overall a very good performance, although I echo others regarding the fouls on Berge. It happens to McBurnie on many occasions too and because they're both tall lads its assumed they are the aggressor. Anyway. UTB!

I’m not saying he was either good or bad, I just got the sense he had a ‘I’m actually a ref from a division above you lot’ aura about him. The way he handled Samba in the penalty shoot out was extremely weak. Samba basically took the piss and was off his line for at least 1 of his penalty saves.

And letting the keeper dance and piss about before every penalty without controllinghim with a booking ... all good I guess
You do know that's in the rules, right? Moving around on the line. Wes was off the line as well. Ref mentioned it after a pen went in.

Norwood shouldn’t have put the ball on the spot before the two keepers were in position. Just as responsible for the length of time he had to wait as Samba. Put himself under pressure.
End of the day if they'd all decided to just hit them low along the floor towards the corners it wouldn't have mattered what the lanky streak of piss did.

Thought it was the best ref display i have seen for a long time. Only big thing he got wrong was Samba being off his line for the first pen but i think thats more on the linesman bottling it.

Chuffing hell man, yaw lot must have been watching a different game to me.

Knew as soon as it was Michael Oliver we were doomed really. Everyone forgot the Villa ghost goal? We hardly got anything from him, particularly in the first half. I thought at one point the match was going to decent into farce. Even both sets of fans were singing slagging him off. In fact, not just the ref was shit, but one of them linesmen was useless as well.

Back
Top Bottom