Referee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So today's lesson children is black referees are out of their depth, fucking wank at their jobs and should stick to something more suited to Black people. And Black keepers are shit.

Based on stuff said here my comment above.

I didn't think ref was that bad, and Wes being Black is not the reason he's a fucking terrible goalkeeper. Whatever colour, he's just league 1 Wes

Do not quote me then make criticize what other people have said, it unfairly and wrongly insinuates that I made/agree with those comments.

Oh read back this thread, 99% of refs that we get are out of their depth and not PL quality.

The ref today appears no different sadly, but I hope it was just a bad day at the office.

So you’re saying he’s no worse than other refs.

So you’re saying he’s no worse than other refs.

Correct, and he should be scrutinised the same way as every other ref and I'm sure he will be.

That doesn't mean that it was good enough performance today just because other refs have been awful.

To be clear, scrutinised rather than abused.

"James McAtee runs at the heart of the Luton defence, the referee is lucky because he is fouled and looks to hide behind VAR. Looked like a stonewall penalty, but he is lucky that a goal comes not long after."

Paul Robinson comments on the BBC saying what I thought, stage fright:

Do not quote me then make criticize what other people have said, it unfairly and wrongly insinuates that I made/agree with those comments.
I understand. I chose not to find the others, I know you weren't in agreement with what was said, and if anything was trying to agree with YOUR post, sorry if it came across differently 😐

Can’t be bothered with arguments about race etc. doesn’t make one iota of difference to the fact that he was crap. However certainly not assisted by the South Stand “assistant” who must have been a fan of MMA as he was watching McBurnie getting twatted every 2 minutes

Can’t be bothered with arguments about race etc. doesn’t make one iota of difference to the fact that he was crap. However certainly not assisted by the South Stand “assistant” who must have been a fan of MMA as he was watching McBurnie getting twatted every 2 minutes
Mcburnie was piss poor. He was a soft fairy and doesn’t like it it the opposition give him back what his dishes out. Don’t agree he should have won much more than what he did. Typical Blade just looking for excuses and blaming the ref. Start a bit closer to home.

Fucking wank that ref , and the VAR as usual Robbo's shirt was being pulled at his neck line and he was pulled down , why the fuck was this not spotted by the ref and more importantly by VAR .

"James McAtee runs at the heart of the Luton defence, the referee is lucky because he is fouled and looks to hide behind VAR. Looked like a stonewall penalty, but he is lucky that a goal comes not long after."

Paul Robinson comments on the BBC saying what I thought, stage fright:

Tbf fair Paul Robinson also said that there was no foul on Jack Robinson for his own goal, even with the benefit of TV replays where he's having the front of his shirt ripped off so I wouldn't put much stock in what he has to say.

Fucking wank that ref , and the VAR as usual Robbo shirt was being pulled at his neck line and he was pulled down , why the fuck was this not spotted by the ref and more importantly by VAR .

Awful ref and VAR just as bad.

We’ve had far worse referees this season, many of them. To suggest the fact this guy was ‘bad’ because he has more melanin is nothing short of thick and racist . Never has anyone commented on all the shit refs we’ve had and connected their performance to their white skin.

It’s frustrating that such stupidity still exists this day and age.

We’ve had far worse referees this season, many of them. To suggest the fact this guy was ‘bad’ because he has more melanin is nothing short of thick and racist . Never has anyone commented on all the shit refs we’ve had and connected their performance to their white skin.

True, but it was the media who hyped up his skin colour.

Between him and the two linesmen it looked like nobody actually wanted to make a decision. That one where the defender had his arm fully round McBurnie’s neck and ref and the linesman just stood staring at it was appalling. Also not sure what the fuck the ‘fouls’ were for when their players held it up in the corner.

To be fair, haven't seen many deplorable comments of that genre.

(Of course one deplorable comment is one too many)

Another scared referee who was scared to make any big decisions and rely on VAR to cover them.

TERRIBLE decision for the corner it was either a foul or a goal kick, and just no consistency with the shirt pulling and shoving.

So just as useless as most of the others we've had

What the fuck are u on about this thread was started August 7th 2021 , about refs 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Another scared referee who was scared to make any big decisions and rely on VAR to cover them.

TERRIBLE decision for the corner it was either a foul or a goal kick, and just no consistency with the shirt pulling and shoving.

So just as useless as most of the others we've had
I said the same, absolutely anything else apart from a corner.

True, but it was the media who hyped up his skin colour.
I kind of see what you’re saying, but it was hyped because of the lack of opportunity, representation etc. ultimately he is just another referee, but symbolically he is providing representation across huge communities within football.

He should always be measured by his performance. I doubt anyone would disagree, but to suggest he is only in the job because he is black after a typical ref performance for the prem is in very bad taste. It’s suggesting he is less capable for nothing more than his appearance.

The same people that were outraged by the possibility of VAR being applied to corner decisions, will be the same people who are outraged that the ref made a mistake on a corner.

That decision aside I thought he was fine. Who wouldn't make mistakes on their premier league debut?
It did seem a fairly obvious mistake. Baldock never got anywhere near the ball. It was either a free kick or a goal kick. Referee decided to split the difference as he clearly had no idea. Having said that, if we could detend corners properly, it wouldn't make a difference.

Don’t think he’s anywhere near Premier league standard. From the off the number 29 was all over McBurnie but as soon as he lets the first couple go they know it’s a free for all. No doubt the McBurnie haters will disagree. The corner for Luton was laughable as was the late one he gave us in front of the kop. Personally I didn’t think MacAtee was fouled in the build up to the first goal and I had a pretty good view….. all about opinions though

I kind of see what you’re saying, but it was hyped because of the lack of opportunity, representation etc. ultimately he is just another referee, but symbolically he is providing representation across huge communities within football.

He should always be measured by his performance. I doubt anyone would disagree, but to suggest he is only in the job because he is black after a typical ref performance for the prem is in very bad taste. It’s suggesting he is less capable for nothing more than his appearance.

I'm not suggesting for a second that he's been promoted to the PL for anything other than his refereeing performances in the lower leagues, but statements like Blanc's give an unfortunate impression that in various industries people are hired/promoted on the basis of diversity rather than ability.

As I said, based on today the ref is not PL standard, but then neither are 99% of the ones we get.

Back
Top Bottom