Referee yesterday with Grealish

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blokes a cheat and not a very good one.
All the hype and did nowt significant apart from dive.
I wouldn’t swap him for any of our first eleven

Oh, I wouldn’t say that. Smacking a pelanty against the bar to keep the score at 2-0 seemed pretty significant at the time. The last 10 minutes might have been very different at 2-1.

Infuriated me when he ran 50+yards to make sure the ref booked Norwood as well but as has been said in other threads, he’s a really talented football when he concentrates on what he’s good at. If he cut out the shit he would gain far more respect from genuine football supporters

Which is precisely why a big club hasn't come in for him.

He's a cheating twat who tries to get opponents booked/sent off.

I mentioned this yesterday on another thread but thought it warrants it's own thread.

Early in the game yesterday in the first half Grealish did a theatrical dive in front of the kop/john Street under the defending of Baldock I think it was, Baldock didn't touch him and the ball was cleared down field only for the ref to stop play and gave us a free kick, but most importantly he "had a word" in Grealishes ear which I presume were along the lines of "don't try and cheat and con me, you lying little twat" or something similar, but it worked, of course during the game he had his moments but compared to what we normally see he generally stopped it.

So, well done to the referee it's not difficult to do but other referee's should take note.

Poor refereeing, he should have given him a yellow there and then, making it clear his next act of diving or petulance would be another booking.

Oh, I wouldn’t say that. Smacking a pelanty against the bar to keep the score at 2-0 seemed pretty significant at the time. The last 10 minutes might have been very different at 2-1.
"PELANTY"!??
How many beers today pal??

Vila fan at work says he was trying to get booked so he would be missing for Vila's cu match next week. "The twat couldn't even get that right!"

The fucker prepares to dive before the opposition player gets anywhere near him. The one near the end of the first half where the ref had a word was laughable. He looked like he was doing an impression of a dog jumping into a swimming pool.
Pissed me off with the chasing of the referee as well, trying to influence decisions.
Unfortunately, it seems to be rubbing off. Take, for example, their 24 who was down for ages with what looked like a broken eyelash.
Why can't VAR look at shit like this? Try to con the referee - card. Carry on - another card, fuck off and don't come back.
Makes me laugh when Dean tried to excuse it by saying that the stats said he was the "most fouled player in the Championship". No, the stat said he "won the most free kicks". There is a difference.
Grealish is a decent player. Unfortunately, he's a bit of a cunt

Vila fan at work says he was trying to get booked so he would be missing for Vila's cu match next week. "The twat couldn't even get that right!"
I thought if you got five yellows in the league, you miss a league game?

Which is precisely why a big club hasn't come in for him.

He's a cheating twat who tries to get opponents booked/sent off.

That and the fact his end product (goals & assists) compared to his contemporaries (Maddison, Ali, Mount) mean he's probably playing at his level...

I will defend him in so much as he never went missing like Zaha did at BDTBL and always went looking for the ball. If I was a Villa fan, I'd be more worried that the spent £100m and are still a one man side - and as I mentioned above that one man is of a lower PL level....

That's pathetic If true they're playing Liverpool's youth team in a semi final

Blokes a cheat and not a very good one.
All the hype and did nowt significant apart from dive.
I wouldn’t swap him for any of our first eleven
Seriously ? Can't you imagine what he would bring to our team with all that talent and CW/AK guiding him, no brainer.

To be fair to Grealish, even he was laughing at that one.

You'd have to have no appreciation of football and no self awareness to not laugh at that.

I don't mind Grealish bit of a pantomime villa(i)n, his antics do annoy me but he seems to have a decent attitude whenever I've seen him interviewed. I do think a stronger / better manager would do wonders for him though.

I mentioned this yesterday on another thread but thought it warrants it's own thread.

Early in the game yesterday in the first half Grealish did a theatrical dive in front of the kop/john Street under the defending of Baldock I think it was, Baldock didn't touch him and the ball was cleared down field only for the ref to stop play and gave us a free kick, but most importantly he "had a word" in Grealishes ear which I presume were along the lines of "don't try and cheat and con me, you lying little twat" or something similar, but it worked, of course during the game he had his moments but compared to what we normally see he generally stopped it.

So, well done to the referee it's not difficult to do but other referee's should take note.
I thought Grealish was looking for diving afternoon as was McGinn. At half time Grealish had arm on refs shoulder talking to him. It’s no coincidence that Grealish is top of the Most Fouled list with McGinn in third place after Maddison. All diving buggers!!

Back
Top Bottom