Reality Check Please !!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn't there one a user with the tag - relegation looms let's enjoy it?

I'd say let's not get on Hecky 's back either or call for daft sackings when he's not suddenly getting the better of Pep or Ten Haag etc.

Just stick with the team and see if us fans can make a difference and show how we would have helped in the last Prem season.

Sorry all .... I'm a grumpy old man who's supported the Blades for 58 years now, but let's just please try to take a reality check. And apologies if I offend you with my comments ......

Reality check alert ..... We are almost certainly going to be relegated this season as we cannot compete financially with any of the other clubs except Luton .... the prince doesn't have the money, he's said that and we know it. Example, Burnley have just spent our transfer budget equivalent on a young keeper.

The best we can hope for is that a takeover occurs in the next couple of months, we get a new owner who has the best interests of the Club, and makes funds available in January. In the meantime, the Club must be run in a sustainable way and not get into financial difficulties like so many have done before. Our aim at the moment is surely to use our limited resources to assemble a younger, talented squad, with excellent potential, playing exciting effective football and able to compete for top two Championship next season.

So please ...... let's just be real, accept the (almost) inevitable, and get behind the lads as much as we can to make it as intimidating as we can for our OPPOSITION and support whoever is playing in the red and white stripes.

If you're not prepared to give total support, when our lads will be under the cosh from the first minute of the Premiership season, then don't say anything. They will need to know that we have their backs, not moaning when we make a mistake or concede a goal.

Make no mistake .... we will get ZERO refereeing decisions our way and ZERO decisions in our favour from VAR as we know that the referees look after their favourites.

This has been a public announcement calling for total unequivocal support for the Blades this season ;)👏🤞

COYRAWW UTB & FTP

Bipolar, French or just a failed motivational speaker?;)

100% with you on the total support and no moaning btw

However.............
We arent 'almost certainly inevitably going to be relegated - alongside us, Luton, Burnley, Everton, Wolves, Bournemouth will be down there, as will possibly Forest & Palace . Add to the mix the inevitable suprise fall from grace - Fulham, Brentford, West Ham and you have half a division all whos first task of the season is to get to 40 points.

Personally I think Wolves are in big trouble, Palace may get a bid for Olise or Eze, and having lost Zaha they then become bang average. Everton have a FFP issue, and have only brought in Danjuma on loan and freebie Ashley Young - what if Fulham lose Silva and Mitro to Saudi just before kick off? West Ham flirted with relegation last season, and have lost their best player

Last season all 3 promoted teams stayed up, our first season up we finished 9th with the core of the promotion team, that was key then, and it could be now

We have 37 days of the transfer window to go, who knows what that will bring?

I appreciate a pessimist is never disappointed, but FFS man, dont be so resigned to it, is Hecky? are the players? how would you feel if Hecky came out and said what you have?

Its not going to be easy, but no one gets relegated on the 26th July

I really struggle with the idea that the Prince has the best interests of the club at heart.

Seems pretty clear he'd sell to literally anyone without a second thought for what happens after he's gone. He's taken no opportunities to improve the infrastructure of the club in terms of the training ground or the academy. He's put us in a terrible position for the 24/25 season. He's done nothing to protect the assets we have.

What are things you think he's done to put us in a position to compete for the top two in the Championship next season?
Just acquired three exciting young players on the back of Anel’s purchase.
We have a group of good young players coming through so 24/25 will be exciting (unless we are still in the PL !)

OP not many people gave us a cat in hell's chance before the start of the 19/20 season and look what happened. Remember Steve Nicholl's infamous prediction on CNN? Got up to 5th and finished 2 points off Europe. Also the sacred memory of what VAR did for us us against West Ham. Everton survived with 36 points, and if we get off to a good start...COYRAWW

OP not many people gave us a cat in hell's chance before the start of the 19/20 season and look what happened. Remember Steve Nicholl's infamous prediction on CNN? Got up to 5th and finished 2 points of Europe. Also the sacred memory of what VAR did for us us against West Ham. Everton survived with 36 points, and if we get off to a good start...COYRAWW
The difference was we had Stevens, Norwood, Fleck & OConnell in form. Additions of Henderson, McBurnie, Besic, Moose, Jagielka & a new version of Lundstrum helped massively and then the addition of Berge in January had a bit of an extra impact.

We’ve made some upgrades to the team since 2020 but we’re light on quality & numbers. I don’t mind our recruitment process right now, but we need to get a few match winners through the door.

The lack of quality infront of goal is an issue, you saw a lot of that last season & you can see that in pre season too.

If you're concerned about not being premier league standard this season then that's unwarranted as that's not our goal (although it is a hope that we remain a premier league team)

If you're concerned about next season not having a team ready for a strong push for promotion back to the premier league than I could be a bit more understanding.

However we still have the rest of this window plus 2 more windows to get that sorted and although only 2 permanents in so far it's a decent'ish base plate.
Fair perspective mate, and to be fair - the reality check I needed! 😂 I don't know why, but I've started to contradict myself in the last week or so. Before then, I'd focused on 'premier league money for Championship recruitment' and obviously, I'd lost sight of that! I must be getting whipped up in the possible excitement of it all...

The only unrealistic expectation in all of that is that the fans will get behind the team.

Our support is wank, we're basically a northern Fulham.

Too many "geeus summat to shout abart then" wankers who need culling. Always reactive, never proactive.
Furthermore, has anybody heard the "Family Enclosure" ever get a song going? Nah, god forbid little Timmy hears any naughty language.

I think we're more likely to be treated favorably by VAR than we are to have a decent atmosphere at Bramall Lane next season quite frankly.
Agree with most of that but harsh on the family stand.It’s the 80 percent of the kop that don’t bother I find more annoying.

Anyone know what odds the bookies are giving on us staying up?

Agree with most of that but harsh on the family stand.It’s the 80 percent of the kop that don’t bother I find more annoying.

Oh don't get me wrong, the kop are an utter disgrace and should indeed shoulder most of the blame for the pisspoor quality of the support.

Speaking obvious a bit but you make some fair points. I’ve just come to the conclusion it is what it is, South Yorkshire will be at back of the queue for investment like it is for everything else outside of football, council don’t help either so it’s great that us and Wednesday get good support considering we’ve been either skint or ran poorly for a while. All you can do is keep the faith I like PA he’s as honest as an owner can be an hopefully the next person/people that takeover are the real deal financially, like the new recruitment plan also 👍🏻 UTB.

Sorry all .... I'm a grumpy old man who's supported the Blades for 58 years now, but let's just please try to take a reality check. And apologies if I offend you with my comments ......

Reality check alert ..... We are almost certainly going to be relegated this season as we cannot compete financially with any of the other clubs except Luton .... the prince doesn't have the money, he's said that and we know it. Example, Burnley have just spent our transfer budget equivalent on a young keeper.

The best we can hope for is that a takeover occurs in the next couple of months, we get a new owner who has the best interests of the Club, and makes funds available in January. In the meantime, the Club must be run in a sustainable way and not get into financial difficulties like so many have done before. Our aim at the moment is surely to use our limited resources to assemble a younger, talented squad, with excellent potential, playing exciting effective football and able to compete for top two Championship next season.

So please ...... let's just be real, accept the (almost) inevitable, and get behind the lads as much as we can to make it as intimidating as we can for our OPPOSITION and support whoever is playing in the red and white stripes.

If you're not prepared to give total support, when our lads will be under the cosh from the first minute of the Premiership season, then don't say anything. They will need to know that we have their backs, not moaning when we make a mistake or concede a goal.

Make no mistake .... we will get ZERO refereeing decisions our way and ZERO decisions in our favour from VAR as we know that the referees look after their favourites.

This has been a public announcement calling for total unequivocal support for the Blades this season ;)👏🤞

COYRAWW UTB & FTP
Hmmm. Quit before you start. Always a good approach.

Saying that we want to assemble a young squad is one thing, but only signing three permanent players in three seasons so far is not the signs of building a squad. We can't continually rely on loans. They should be their to boost the team but not become the mainstay of it. Re-signing washed up has beens like Fleck is not the signs of building a young squad. It's a waste of valuable wages, even if he had taken a pay cut.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that we will be relegated, much like I did during the summer of our relegation season. It's less stressful managing expectations.

Fingers crossed that Slimane and Traore stick around next summer, and that one of the kids forces their way into the first team, which based on pre-season so far could be Freckleton. He's looked more competent, settled, reliable, mature and ready than Jebbo and Osula. Brooks has done well in two of the three matches. He suffered against Estoril as he was playing an advanced role that didn't suit him. That and we couldn't string two passes together.

I feel for Hecky. He has an impossible task but the Prince needs to reassure him that no matter what happens, no matter how humiliating it may be, he will still be here next summer and the board will take full responsibility for any failures this season.
Fleck wasn't a washed up has been when we signed him, in fact he was a terrific member of a very fine team, his best days are behind him but he is a bad example to use for your argument.
Forget that I've just read it again and see you said re-signed. Sorry my mistake.

COYRAWW UTB & FTP
My only response to your shitting in your pants diatribe is that at your age you really need to get a grip.

Just acquired three exciting young players on the back of Anel’s purchase.
We have a group of good young players coming through so 24/25 will be exciting (unless we are still in the PL !)

We have a group of good young players coming through

Yep, but you’ve got to rely on Hecky to select and use them. Not convinced on past events and recent contract extensions that he will do.

We have a group of good young players coming through

Yep, but you’ve got to rely on Hecky to select and use them. Not convinced on past events and recent contract extensions that he will do.
The good crop of young ones are there for 24/25 in the Championship. Quite what happens if we stay up I don’t know !

Of all the things that can happen to the club, getting relegated with Prince in charge, and us financially square isn't so bad.
We'd be solid for the season after.
So, anything better than that is a bonus. We might surprise a few people or enjoy a relegation battle and stop up.

I'd much rather that than some con men American 'investor consortium' come in and just use us a tool to borrow money.

Agree with the sentiment.

This season is not about staying up for me. It’s about trying to lay medium term foundations and avoiding the financial cliff edge if we had stayed in the championship. Staying up will be a bonus.

I’d rather watch younger, hungry players (hopefully) on their way up int the game and see if they have what it takes, than watch a bunch of overpaid players on their way down. We’ve got a few that fall into this category and some others with points to prove. I think this is where I will take enjoyment this season.

I am going to try and not judge Hecky on this season, but to judge him on the one after. I just hope we stick by that if we’ve got 4 points at Christmas and have all got our shoes off in the car park

Talk about doom and gloom, unbelievable, lets just put this coming season into perspective, Please !!!
What's the worst thing that could happen to the team we support ? Demotion to the Championship,
And just how many supports of the teams round about us, some small, some massive would give their eye teeth to swop places with us ?
How many would love the chance to be in the Championship next season even ?.
And all you lot can moan about is something that COULD happen, something that even if it did would leave us no worse off than we were last season,
And then again what if we do manage to hold our own ? ........ ;)

COME ON YOU RED & WHITE WIZARDS......

COYRAWW UTB & FTP
Let’s hope you find another club to support for your 59th year, because you certainly aren’t supporting the Blades for it.

OP not many people gave us a cat in hell's chance before the start of the 19/20 season and look what happened. Remember Steve Nicholl's infamous prediction on CNN? Got up to 5th and finished 2 points off Europe. Also the sacred memory of what VAR did for us us against West Ham. Everton survived with 36 points, and if we get off to a good start...COYRAWW
I genuinely predicted mid-table last time we went up. Annoyingly was verbally and I wasn't really using the forum at that point in time.

But I swear I did!

This time I'm relying on a couple of strong midfield signings to keep us up. Obviously praying Iliman stays too. It's certainly not a lost cause because so many clubs could struggle.

Keys to this year, so far, 1. new contract for Illie. 2. No long term injuries. Thus 3. A settled side week in week out. 4. Luck, lots of luck in front of goal i.e. own goals, balls dropping nicely onto Anels foot at a corner. etc. 5. Other teams around struggling. Remember, we just have to finish 17th.

Keys to this year, so far, 1. new contract for Illie. 2. No long term injuries. Thus 3. A settled side week in week out. 4. Luck, lots of luck in front of goal i.e. own goals, balls dropping nicely onto Anels foot at a corner. etc. 5. Other teams around struggling. Remember, we just have to finish 17th.
6. Recruit two more PL quality players ?

There is too much focus on Ndiaye at the moment for me. Yes he is clearly a kid with potential but he hasnt proven himself in the Premier League yet. His international "career" highlight is a goal vs Mozambique who are ranked 111th in the FIFA rankings behind the likes of Syria, Palestine and Trinidad and Tobago. Its not exactly one for the highlight reel. When he gets on the ball and is allowed space he has an array of magic that he can deliver however the constant he must stay attituide isnt helping. He wont get the space in the Premiership which means we will need more pace throughout the squad for counter attacks if he has to drop back. Its inevitable he is off its when he decides that a fresh opportunity is available. The only thing for me is signing him down does allow us to dictate a sell on clause, next season it doesnt, this season its cash. Take our pick potential for sell on and sign 2 new unknowns although it could upset the apple cart.

COYRAWW UTB & FTP
But should I or shouldn't I, put horse shit on the roses??

e5e19ca08468ecea0ab35354d3075e63.jpg

Having the right mindset doesn't guarantee staying up......but having management, players and 30k fans that believe it's possible, makes a huge difference!!!💪

Just think, if you had 30k people moaning at you and telling you you couldn't do your job.....would make it a helluva lot harder than it needs to be!! 😅 enjoy, Blades⚔

Back
Top Bottom