Match Thread Reading v. Sheffield United - 3rd March 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We're not really playing as a team. Nothing is linked up. Kind of slightly expected but by now you'd expect better. Osbourn and Freeman are our better players so far

Berge has been neat and tidy but based on his transfer he should be doing more.

I'm not going to say he might not become the player some people already seem to think he is, but he's just had 90 minutes against a lower mid table Championship side playing as a pivot and he looks like a Championship player himself.

Everything's sideways, he's lost possession so often I lost count. And man alive, he's slow.

This needs saying because it's been the Emperor's New Clothes with him so far.

However... Lundstram, Mousset, McGoldrick all anonymous and Baldock has been in headless chicken mode all night.

Despite doing nothing at all, Reading could easily go through and that will be a big missed opportunity.

We look like what our critics call us, Burnley in red.

Disappointing.
CW wouldn't have wanted to play an extra 30 mins.
Freeman best player.
Hopefully we can dig something out and our fitness gets us the edge in these 30 minutes

No Plan B, I’m not sure how just swapping the strikers was going to make any real difference.

Why not put Freeman behind the strikers and try and provide a bit of link up play between the midfield and strikers?
I'd go to 4 at the back push Bash into midfield. It's pointless having Egan, JOC and Berge all in our half not driving the game on. Berge for Zivkovic. and yes get Freeman behind the front two

Is it on TV or online? I thought I just heard Lineker say you can watch it on iplayer but I can't see it.

Hate to say it but if Luke Freeman played liked Berge is over the last 3 games, we'd accuse him of being Championship at best and that he isn't taking his opportunity.

Young lad, new country, new club so needs time but I don't understand why we drop Besic and overlook Freeman above Berge at moment.

Hate to say it but if Luke Freeman played liked Berge is over the last 3 games, we'd accuse him of being Championship at best and that he isn't taking his opportunity.

Young lad, new country, new club so needs time but I don't understand why we drop Besic and overlook Freeman above Berge at moment.

Besic can count himself very unlucky to have been frozen out recently.

It means in today’s game, as in the slightest touch/raising of arms and players go down, and they get given.

So what about all the tackles made outside of the box with that kind of contact that were not given tonight? Ref has waved away plenty of those, but the one with the slightest of touches hes given it because its in the penalty area.

Sorry bud I don't agree, ref got conned by simulation and it was never a penalty!

Sharp!
You legend!
Poor performance but I'm sure CW will take that if we come out the other side with a win!

So what about all the tackles made outside of the box with that kind of contact that were not given tonight? Ref has waved away plenty of those, but the one with the slightest of touches hes given it because its in the penalty area.

Sorry bud I don't agree, ref got conned by simulation and it was never a penalty!
Did Baldock need to put his hands on him?

Disagree, Freeman put himself about all game, looked composed, played a part in both goals! The rest of the team however!
Freeman looks well and Osbourne had his moments. Bearing in mind he’s only 11 by the looks of it one for future.

Back
Top Bottom