Ravel Morrison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He could do great. But, if he dpesnt start playing more soon, I could easily see him having a hissy fit.

He's a difficult one. Hope he gets a runout vs Southampton

Could be a good time to start him v Southampton tomorrow. You have to take the reigns off some time if you want to see how hard they can gallop.

Maybe it's still down to his attitude?, in the JOC interview, he pointed out that they receive small fines for happenings behind the scenes, and that the most fined player in the dressing room is Rav.
Might be completely wrong, but with his history etc, it does make you wonder doesn't it........?

If ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ we’re sweets & nuts, Ravel would have had a very merry Christmas every year for the last decade.

Perhaps he just needs a proper pre-season with us? ;)

Getting a bit fed up now of hearing how good Ravel is, yet he hasn't made the bench yet. If it's down to attitude then CW has a problem as if Rav can't reign it in now enough to take his lifeline back into the Premier League then he will never do it.
CW has stated that he nearly made the squads for Bournemouth and Chelsea because he wanted a more solid defensive set up so maybe he'll make the bench for Southampton who have got to be one of the 'Lesser' teams that we should be going all out to beat with positive football so lets see if it happens.
Rav got MOM against Blackburn but I'm not sure how as due to the circumstances of that game he played in about 4 different roles without looking really effective in most of them (other than the one piece of class in picking out Norwood for his goal) His short spell in a more advanced, free role seemed to be where he was most comfortable so maybe giving him 20mins in a Duffy type role against Southampton might give us chance to see what the fuss is all about.

Hasn't done a single thing to make it seem like he should be in the squad, never mind the first XI. Looked heavy, off the pace against Leicester.

He might just not be good enough now? Or it might be this is too high a level to come in at and he needs a season lower down?

But apart from "I know he's good, I've heard of him" I don't understand why so many people want to give him minutes yet. All our other players are significantly more effective

Getting a bit fed up now of hearing how good Ravel is, yet he hasn't made the bench yet. If it's down to attitude then CW has a problem as if Rav can't reign it in now enough to take his lifeline back into the Premier League then he will never do it.
CW has stated that he nearly made the squads for Bournemouth and Chelsea because he wanted a more solid defensive set up so maybe he'll make the bench for Southampton who have got to be one of the 'Lesser' teams that we should be going all out to beat with positive football so lets see if it happens.
Rav got MOM against Blackburn but I'm not sure how as due to the circumstances of that game he played in about 4 different roles without looking really effective in most of them (other than the one piece of class in picking out Norwood for his goal) His short spell in a more advanced, free role seemed to be where he was most comfortable so maybe giving him 20mins in a Duffy type role against Southampton might give us chance to see what the fuss is all about.

He was on the bench against Leicester, and came on for the last 10 minutes.

It's hard to pick Ravel when the midfield is playing so well. There isn't one of the current midfield that deserves leaving out of the team so he'll have to wait patiently then make sure he takes the chance when it comes in a similar way to Freeman when he replaced Fleck.

It is certainly too soon to right him off as he hasn't had a proper chance in the team but equally he has to bide his time like everyone else.

No doubt about his class just don't think he's disciplined enough (yet) to put in an extended period on the pitch, (ok based on one viewing) we need everybody on it for 90 minutes and when they aren't we seem to get punished every time.

No doubt about his class just don't think he's disciplined enough (yet) to put in an extended period on the pitch, (ok based on one viewing) we need everybody on it for 90 minutes and when they aren't we seem to get punished every time.
Why is there no doubt though? He’s done nothing in years.

Why is there no doubt though? He’s done nothing in years.

Probably because of the sheer number of people, including Wilder, who have said that he can do things that other players can’t. There is no doubt at all about his ability, fitness & attitude are another matter.

Probably because of the sheer number of people, including Wilder, who have said that he can do things that other players can’t. There is no doubt at all about his ability, fitness & attitude are another matter.
But there is doubt about his ability then surely? Because the ability to affect the game is tied up with fitness, pace, mental attitude. I hope I’m wrong but he looks nowhere near a Premier League player so far

He could do great. But, if he dpesnt start playing more soon, I could easily see him having a hissy fit.
Why, he's not shown anything that would suggest this, apart from our fans repeatedly saying it's the case?
Also his run out against Blackburn got him some playing time, but I wasn't blown away.
I hope he comes good but it's going to take time and patience, he's not Roy Race.

Last edited:
I really hope he gets his shit together. If Madine could do it, surely Ravs can.

I think they are very different cases though to be honest mate.

For all of this 'issues' off the field [I am being diplomatic] Madine's workrate and professionalism on the field, and in training seems to have garnered high praise, certainly from his last few managers anyway. Madine's issues seem to stem around one thing and one thing only, alcohol.

Morrison on the other hand has a pattern of behaviour that seems to repeat everywhere he goes. A promising start, saying and doing all of the right things. Then suddenly, around Christmas time he seems to lose interest and disappear, physically and mentally from the group. This could be down to attitude, boredom/a short attention span or wider problems. Early on it was put down to bad influences away from the game, but from what I understand he has made changes in that regard.

We'll soon see either way, Wider is a very savvy man manager and will already have a decent idea of what makes Ravel tick. If he does do his usual disappearing act, and then say Freeman picks up a knock, we are reliant on Didsy as a CAM, which is fine I suppose. But we could also see Ravel being replaced in the JTW.

Spot on.

I’ve seen nothing at all from him so far to suggest he will make the grade.

But there is doubt about his ability then surely? Because the ability to affect the game is tied up with fitness, pace, mental attitude. I hope I’m wrong but he looks nowhere near a Premier League player so far

Agreed re attitude & fitness being crucial to the overall picture, but his technical ability isn’t in doubt.

Is he disciplined enough to play? Against Blackburn, when we took McBurnie off at half time, Ravel was asked to play up front with Sharp. Within 2 minutes he had dropped back into a deep midfielder position and did not get back up front whatsoever. This to me is pretty unprofessional. I guess this is what wilder means when he said he is a free spirit and needs to work on team shape and positional sense.

Maybe it's still down to his attitude?, in the JOC interview, he pointed out that they receive small fines for happenings behind the scenes, and that the most fined player in the dressing room is Rav.
Might be completely wrong, but with his history etc, it does make you wonder doesn't it........?

Yep JOC said Rav has had the most small fines.

Its a bit of a Catch 22. I get why some say give him a go tomorrow but if it backfires how damaging could losing a game we might have drawn or won be?
Luckily in Wilder we have as good a man to make that decision for the right reasons as we could wish for.

Same with the Sharp interview... to quote 2pac... 'some things will never change'.. and I can't see this changing anytime soon.

I guess it is about containment and channelling that side of his personality to prove them all wrong, rather than throwing toys out of the pram

Why, he's not shown anything that would suggest this, apart from our fans repeatedly saying it's the case?
Also his run out against Blackburn got him some playing time, but I wasn't blown away.
I hope he comes good but it's going to take time and patience, he's not Roy Race.

Past reputation of been a fuck up who has squandered his excellent potential at almost every club he's been at.

Its a bit of a Catch 22. I get why some say give him a go tomorrow but if it backfires how damaging could losing a game we might have drawn or won be?
Luckily in Wilder we have as good a man to make that decision for the right reasons as we could wish for.

This, absolutely. Needs far more minutes from the bench before he’s considered for a start, in my view. It will come down to trust in the end.

Back
Top Bottom