Ramsdale/Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

hes definetly englands number 1 mind never rated pickford that highly just dont like the way hes turned out so cocky and a shithouser wasnt like that when i used to watch him in under 18s at shirecliffe

Good goallie that was paid for contrasting to some other exblades like maquire,walker,dlc,Brooks who all left too early for too little.

Get your handkerchiefs ready. Not sure it needs the emotional music!

Why does he have some sort of over impulsive urge to use his tongue way more than what is normal. Proper creepy. It’s for talking and eating. Put it away Aaron.

He‘s pulled some great saves off this season but also flapped at plenty.

That seemed very scripted and boring ! Fans would’ve loved it much more if he said something along the lines of
“Fucking love it here so signed a new contract!”
When you see our players interact it seems they have a genuine love for the club , oh except MGW !
As ever UTB!

Looking back, this transfer and the quest for the a replacement was peak Blades, wasn't it?

Sold for 30m.

Linked with all sorts of replacements including spending up to 6m on Dieng.

In the end we loaned a player. It didn't work out and we went with someone who is 'already in the building'.

😁

We only found out that he'd refused to train and play in a very important match because of his interview with Ben Foster where tried to justify it because it got his move. As you say, it was going to happen, they wanted him and we needed to sell, but it maybe cost us money. The only people who didn't want the move to happen were the Arsenal fans.

Given that he was going and his actions clearly affected the team and the result the club should have at least said why we had to play a reserve keeper that night who looked terrified every time a long throw came in.

Really looking forward to seeing him at BDTBL.

Forget that he was disrespectful but I didn't want him back in the first place and when we shelled out 18m on him I was very concerned, it's not sour grapes he has gone to a bigger club clearly, and I normally wish them well, not him, I was actually relived when he left, we got a profit on him in the end..

Think where we'd be money wise without his fee!

Arsenal fans will see he is a weak link when they play in the champions league, he won't get away with the customary error that we all know he has in him..

I understand the anger aimed at Ramsdale for effectively forcing a move away from United when we wouldn't pay him more - but to say he isn't a good keeper is an odd choice? Every keeper has a mistake in them, but he's helped Arsenal finish 2nd this season - you can't knock his ability when he's proving it

Doing OK at The Arse currently, but so what? He was hopeless for at least half the relegation season. Many factors were instrumental in going down, but he was one of the biggest. In fact probably the single biggest factor. Phil Thompson, Ian Rush, Martin Peters were all great players. But playing for us they were shite. Similarly shite was Ramsdale.......

Doing OK at The Arse currently, but so what? He was hopeless for at least half the relegation season. Many factors were instrumental in going down, but he was one of the biggest. In fact probably the single biggest factor. Phil Thompson, Ian Rush, Martin Peters were all great players. But playing for us they were shite. Similarly shite was Ramsdale.......
Yep, I remember thinking of we'd had Henderson in goal, we wouldn't have conceded 3 of the 4 goals we shipped in the defeats in the first 3 games v Wolves, Villa and Leeds. If Lundstrum had scored the pen v Villa that would have given us a respectable 4 points from those games and who knows how the season would have panned out...

I didn't rate Ramsdale when he was here.
Was glad we sold him as it was desperately needed and I don't think we missed him in any significant way on the field.

I understand why he did what he did in terms of forcing the move through.
However, I do think it was shithouse and I don't respect it.
Particularly given he was an academy lad and we'd stood by him through some appalling performances.

I also think he's probably a decent lad if you know him. Seems a good laugh and a character.
He's undoubtedly kicked on at Arsenal, though I still question his potential and temperament.

Either way though, as a Blade, it's hard to look past the disrespect he showed to the club during and after leaving with his dumb interviews.
Leaves a sour taste. Feel indifferent towards him now but no doubt will hop on the Kop bandwagon when he returns to Bramall Lane.

To be fair to those that made the video, their editing skills are fantastic; I couldn't even tell where they cropped out "Hopefully you get the idea that I give everything out there unless there's another offer on the table, in which case I'll give absolutely nothing."

I understand the anger aimed at Ramsdale for effectively forcing a move away from United when we wouldn't pay him more - but to say he isn't a good keeper is an odd choice? Every keeper has a mistake in them, but he's helped Arsenal finish 2nd this season - you can't knock his ability when he's proving it

My issue with him is entirely regarding his comments on Ben Fosters podcast. I wish nothing but the worst for him after that. He's also completely false, permanently playing this character he's cooked up. If you want a move to Arsenal while at Sheff U, absolutely fine would be mad to think otherwise. The comments afterwards, long walk and short pier old bean.

I agree that he deserves some grief when we play them next season.

Personal abuse is out of order so I really hope that fans don't stoop to those levels.

Booing, whistling and cheering any mistakes that he makes is to be enthusiasticly encouraged 👍

I can get why from his perspective he felt United were changing the goal posts and making it harder for a move, maybe the communication with Ramsdale needed to be better rather than leading him onto thinking he was moving and then we wanted more, but we only have his side of the story on that. I can imagine he was desperate to join Arsenal and he would be thinking United were doing their best to make it difficult for him to leave, but he did get the move in the end and I'm not so sure not playing was needed either. But it was the nature of the interview that was just disappointing and the way he didn't need to come out and say any of it and how Foster and pal are just egging him on is somewhat annoying to watch to say the least. The refusing to play was the part that was just very disappointing along with wanting an increased contract to stay when he must have known there was no way he'd get that as we were skint as we still are.

I wanted Arsenal to win the title solely because I think we got some extra money out of it but Arsenal totally bottled it, and I'm not so sure if a more experienced manager had been manager of Arsenal that they would, I think the jury is still out on Arteta myself.

You know you can get those ankle weights for running? They strap around your ankles and having something like sand in them to create more resistance.

It was like he was wearing those for the first part of the season. Slow to get anywhere near the Wolves goals in the opening game. Slow to get across for the Villa goal to name but two early games where he didn't look all that.

Did he end up with Player of the Year? Shows how bad everyone else was. It should have been Didzy.

Back
Top Bottom