Rammers?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
I thought I read that we receive a lump sum add on when Rammers hits a certain number of first team appearances. He’s been starting virtually since arriving at the Gooners. Just wondering if anyone has a clue to how many appearances to trigger the add on and how much we get?

Might be heckys transfer pot?

Apparently that £6mil clause has already been triggered.

What do you mean we’ve already received it? Or is it due?

£6m? That’s more than I was expecting?

Arsenal are paying the transfer in instalments so fuck knows when we get any additional money.

We ended up paying someone £1m to do the deal on our behalf, because we'd made such a balls up of it in the early stages.

I thought I read that we receive a lump sum add on when Rammers hits a certain number of first team appearances. He’s been starting virtually since arriving at the Gooners. Just wondering if anyone has a clue to how many appearances to trigger the add on and how much we get?

Might be heckys transfer pot?
If he’s only been appearing “virtually“ we won’t get a penny. I’m pretty sure he has to appear in real life for us to get paid 🤷‍♂️ UTB

Yeah but you get a fair chunk upfront. They are paying it all in bits.
But many clubs factor the debt these days, including ours, so they actually get the cash earlier than they used to

But back to the original question. What was the trigger for the extra £6m payment due, which took it from the initial £24 fee up to £30m? Anyone know for certain?

I don't really care when United get the money (within reason - I don't want us tk get the transfer money in a century's time for example) but provided we get it within a reasonable time period who's bothered? It's still funds coming into the club and will help cash flow, notwithstanding we have probably already factored the debt to a factoring company.

Transfer fee instalments, add-ons theoretically may never be achieved so doubt any bank would agree to those

They might do, provided the 'extra' payment (which may or may not ever be paid) was factored at a percentage more attractive to the lender I. E. Factor the full £6m for a £3m sum up front, or maybe if they had adequate legal security from United to ensure they were always going to get their money back. But I get what you are saying.

They might do, provided the 'extra' payment (which may or may not ever be paid) was factored at a percentage more attractive to the lender I. E. Factor the full £6m for a £3m sum up front, or maybe if they had adequate legal security from United to ensure they were always going to get their money back. But I get what you are saying.
The upfront payment would be secured on the cash United receive from Arsenal, so if it never arrived the bank would be up the swanny. Not sure they’d last long lending millions secured on ifs and maybes alone!

But back to the original question. What was the trigger for the extra £6m payment due, which took it from the initial £24 fee up to £30m? Anyone know for certain?

I don't really care when United get the money (within reason - I don't want us tk get the transfer money in a century's time for example) but provided we get it within a reasonable time period who's bothered? It's still funds coming into the club and will help cash flow, notwithstanding we have probably already factored the debt to a factoring company.
I heard somewhere that it had nothing to do with international appearances and related entirely to his achievements with Arsenal

The upfront payment would be secured on the cash United receive from Arsenal, so if it never arrived the bank would be up the swanny. Not sure they’d last long lending millions secured on ifs and maybes alone!

It wouldn't be secured against ifs and maybes. It would be secured against collateral and other assets of United, including other guaranteed income. A factoring company will often ask for a Guarantee, or Debenture / floating charge which gives the factoring company the ability to pursue the assets owned by the business as well as the business owner’s personal assets. So feasibly (and without knowing the finer details of the deal obviously) any factoring arrangement could be done to include the proposed additional payment from Arsenal with the factoring company safe in the knowledge that they have security against SUFC's assets and/or the SUFC owner. Provided that the percentage for the debt for the additional payment was weighted distinctly in favour of the factoring company then there would be minimal financial risk for them.

Last edited:
Provided that the percentage for the debt for the additional payment was weighted distinctly in favour of the factoring company then there would be minimal financial risk for them.
Just for United, then? Speaking specifically on MCQ Bank, their deals with United have been secured against guaranteed PL payments and the instalments of the Ramsdale deal

Back
Top Bottom