Radical Blades team vs Leeds.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Scoring remains an issue. For sure. Creating enough decent chances to score clearly under the microscope.

One man remains our best chance of converting said chances and should start on Sunday.

He won’t !!!!

UTB

Every time we lose a couple of games, people on here decide we need to bin the system and play a back four, even though all our defenders look more comfortable in the current system. Have you seen Egan and Stevens playing for Ireland?

We should and will keep the back 3/5. What we need to do in front of them is the question. I think we'd all like to see the Duffy role return, but we don't really have anyone to play it.

Scoring remains an issue. For sure. Creating enough decent chances to score clearly under the microscope.

One man remains our best chance of converting said chances and should start on Sunday.

He won’t !!!!

UTB

Who would you start him with? I think we need Burke for the pace now we don't have Mousset. If it's Sharp and either McG or McB then we are too slow and won't create anything anyway.

Against Leeds we are going to concede possession and play on the break, so Burke and McB/McG makes more sense to me.

Not saying Sharp is rubbish, far from it. The problem is that in the standard of the PL we don't have a player to compliment him.

Who would you start him with? I think we need Burke for the pace now we don't have Mousset. If it's Sharp and either McG or McB then we are too slow and won't create anything anyway.

Against Leeds we are going to concede possession and play on the break, so Burke and McB/McG makes more sense to me.

Not saying Sharp is rubbish, far from it. The problem is that in the standard of the PL we don't have a player to compliment him.
Dids in the 10.

Bill alongside Burke who did enough yesterday to keep his shirt.

Norwood the sacrificial lamb in the midfield as we revert to a 2 of Berge and either Fleck or Lunny.

Leeds WILL score. We might have to go all Kevin Keegan and nick a 4-3 !!!!

UTB

Don't see why any radical change is needed. Played fine for c.80mins v Wolves with 11 men, played more than fine v Burnley with 11 men and you can't really judge last night with 10 men.

When you've lost a bit of form then have some faith in the system that's got you where you were. Expect to see Ampadu in for Egan and maybe Lowe in for Stevens. Otherwise I think it will be (and should be) largely the same.

I'd go something like this, more of a 3-3-3-1 bit like what Bielsa does with Leeds/did with Argentina. Burke and Osborn give us the option to play with proper wide men if we need to have a different option to the now predictable wing backs + Basham & O'Connell, just push Basham or Ampadu next to Berge and go 4-4-2/4-2-3-1, or hook one of them and bring Fleck/Lundstram/Norwood on.

We haven't played horribly but just for starters a clean sheet and all 11 men on the field would be nice to get a proper gauge on how we're really looking this season. And if there's a clear sight of goal, ffs head down and stick the laces through it!

----------------------Ramsdale---------------
---------Basham----Ampadu------O'Connell
Baldock-------------Berge------------------Lowe
-----Burke---------McGoldrick-----Osborn
---------------------McBurnie----------------

Ampadu might be a blessing for us and should allow us to get further up the pitch knowing Egan won't get caught square/flat-footed against a pacy forward. If he impresses at the weekend then ol' John may find it tough to get his spot back.

........................................ Ramsdale

Baldock............Ampadu......................JOC...............Lowe

............................................Norwood

Bogle...............Berge............................Fleck............Osborn

...........................................Burke.

4-1-4-1

Flood that midfield with players, have pacy (sorry Bash) players out wide who can get up and down the pitch.

The current formation just isn’t working.
You been looking at my formation suggestion from last nite 4-1-4-1

You dont drop Bash,Norwood stays out of the side and Ampadu plays that position

Back
Top Bottom