QPR fan here.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The front 3 for QPR were very tricky, Willock, Roberts and Chair will give a lot of teams problems.

Can I be the first to say "fuck off" as is customary for any visiting supporters coming on here?! (only joking).
A great South Yorkshire welcome and classed as a compliment

Hello Blades fans, I honestly couldn’t see us winning last night, and I’d have been delighted with a draw. I just thought I’d give you all a quick observation about QPR this season.

After last seasons calamitous last 3 months, we changed manager. Michael Beale was Steven Gerard’s assistant at Glasgow Rangers and Aston Villa. He was a left field choice, and we really didn’t know what to expect.
I know we’re only 12 games in, but he’s been very very good. He has a great eye for younger players, and he’s recruited very well.
He’s rectified our full back problem, and we look very good in that department. He loves his full backs to attack, and in Paal & Laird, we have 2 good’uns there.

I honestly think he’ll be a top manager and end up at a big club.
We have a lot more strength in depth compared to last season, so we shouldn’t be over reliant on players. Saying that, Chris Willock looks to have injured his hamstring last night. He’s one of the best players in the Championship, so I hope it’s not too serious.

I know Sheffield United are having a little blip at the moment, but I wouldn’t worry if was you. You lot will definitely be top 2 come end of the season. It’ll be Norwich and yourselves top 2.
I just hope we can cement a play off place this season.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season
You kept us exactly where you wanted us…In front of you. We didn’t penetrate or get behind your defence at all, limiting us to shots from distance and aimless crosses was a job well done from your point of view. Also the save by your keeper from Norwood’s pile driver was world class.

You kept us exactly where you wanted us…In front of you. We didn’t penetrate or get behind your defence at all, limiting us to shots from distance and aimless crosses was a job well done from your point of view. Also the save by your keeper from Norwood’s pile driver was world class.

Our performance was like one of my dates.

Plenty of effort, fuck all penetration.....

The front 3 for QPR were very tricky, Willock, Roberts and Chair will give a lot of teams problems.

Can I be the first to say "fuck off" as is customary for any visiting supporters coming on here?! (only joking).
That Chair is a good player
It's like he's got 4 legs

I said to the lad next to me last night that Baldock will be 4 months and Berge 6 months. Nailed on.
Apparently Berge is tired coz he's shuffled through a few matches recently , so , like Rip Van Winkle , he's off for a long sleep ...

Thought to join the love in.........

Is the OP that fella who wears the sombrero with all the corks dangling from the rim?

HH

Thanks Hugh. My grandfather played a few games for your team so I always look for your results. Give my regards to Norma Snockers

Hello Blades fans, I honestly couldn’t see us winning last night, and I’d have been delighted with a draw. I just thought I’d give you all a quick observation about QPR this season.

After last seasons calamitous last 3 months, we changed manager. Michael Beale was Steven Gerard’s assistant at Glasgow Rangers and Aston Villa. He was a left field choice, and we really didn’t know what to expect.
I know we’re only 12 games in, but he’s been very very good. He has a great eye for younger players, and he’s recruited very well.
He’s rectified our full back problem, and we look very good in that department. He loves his full backs to attack, and in Paal & Laird, we have 2 good’uns there.

We have a lot more strength in depth compared to last season, so we shouldn’t be over reliant on players. Saying that, Chris Willock looks to have injured his hamstring last night. He’s one of the best players in the Championship, so I hope it’s not too serious.

I know Sheffield United are having a little blip at the moment, but I wouldn’t worry if was you. You lot will definitely be top 2 come end of the season. It’ll be Norwich and yourselves top 2.

Think QPR were a very organised , fit & hardworking side and dangerous on the break . You are very similar to Huddersfield last season & got them top 6 . I think if we’d took one of our early chances , Ndiaye’s I’m particularly springs to mind then its a different game & we’d be having a different conversation .. but that’s football & second half were well worth the points

I can see you getting plenty of points on the road as your playing on the counter , but the problem you’ll have is you’ll have to come out and have a go at home to get points as other sides will set up the same way as you did against us & it’s how you deal with that .

I’d expect most sides this season to visit our place with the same tactics & that’s for us to overcome and other than the last 2 home games we have , the early goal being key to this .
Fair play though mate no issues with result & your side certainly grew in confidence 2nd half , though wasn’t impressed with the OTT injury shit housery but that’s part the game nowadays

All the best , Up The Blades ⚔️

Feel after the dust has settled we weren't actually that bad. Main issue was that final decision or ball for the most part which meant good possession or area's weren't capitalised on. Overall we had more of the share of the game in terms of possession, ball in opposition half and arguably chances (Albeit not always clear cut)

QPR were arguably excellent though in terms of away performance. (Unless you just dominate the match).
As frustrating as it was for us, they kept tight on our attacking play stifled N'Diaye, McBurnie or any striker and countered well. Chair is a great little player and they are good on the counter.
You could see that we were wary of their counter all through the match as until we got late in the game we really didn't fancy countering ourselves.

Like Hecky said, disappointing that timewasting isn't really picked up on till the 80th minute. Same so often in matches too and it's not unique to us either.
I do feel that the level of refereeing this season has taken a notch down. And I didn't think that was really possible.

QPR time wasters but not as bad as guess who and we play them soon should get out of the ground by 6pm …..Norwich

Hello QPR fan, fan not supporter, i.e. no season ticket?
Two points, of interest, on the Oct 4 '22 game.
Point one. Goalkeepers mistake for the goal, despite the quality of the attack and shot.
Point two. If the Blades had a player of better quality than they have the splendid defensive work of QPR would have been unlocked, hence a possible different result.
All the best for the season, as you say there has been a dramatic improvement of QPR's performances, so your optimism is well founded.

Feel after the dust has settled we weren't actually that bad. Main issue was that final decision or ball for the most part which meant good possession or area's weren't capitalised on. Overall we had more of the share of the game in terms of possession, ball in opposition half and arguably chances (Albeit not always clear cut)

QPR were arguably excellent though in terms of away performance. (Unless you just dominate the match).
As frustrating as it was for us, they kept tight on our attacking play stifled N'Diaye, McBurnie or any striker and countered well. Chair is a great little player and they are good on the counter.
You could see that we were wary of their counter all through the match as until we got late in the game we really didn't fancy countering ourselves.

Like Hecky said, disappointing that timewasting isn't really picked up on till the 80th minute. Same so often in matches too and it's not unique to us either.
I do feel that the level of refereeing this season has taken a notch down. And I didn't think that was really possible.
Aye
Just got home yesterday
(via ‘Maine Road’ - as an aside there must be a chance of us signing Doyle (if we go up !?!?) - their midfield was awesome with De Bruyne AND Foden sat on the bench)

(Re) Watched the ‘extended highlights’ (admittedly ‘published’ by SUFC) & we did a lot of stuff well (apart from finishing : scoring); equally they defended extremely well to limit clear cut chances.
May be worthwhile (some) folk reflecting (more) that a football match involves 2 sides with the opposition doing everything in their power to prevent their opponents gaining the upper hand / advantage (unless you’re Citeh whereby your best players can have Wednesday’s off for a rest)

1665991114206.png

Pile driver? Don’t you mean power driver?

Back
Top Bottom