QPR fan here.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HughJarse

Reaction score
Hello Blades fans, I honestly couldn’t see us winning last night, and I’d have been delighted with a draw. I just thought I’d give you all a quick observation about QPR this season.

After last seasons calamitous last 3 months, we changed manager. Michael Beale was Steven Gerard’s assistant at Glasgow Rangers and Aston Villa. He was a left field choice, and we really didn’t know what to expect.
I know we’re only 12 games in, but he’s been very very good. He has a great eye for younger players, and he’s recruited very well.
He’s rectified our full back problem, and we look very good in that department. He loves his full backs to attack, and in Paal & Laird, we have 2 good’uns there.

I honestly think he’ll be a top manager and end up at a big club.
We have a lot more strength in depth compared to last season, so we shouldn’t be over reliant on players. Saying that, Chris Willock looks to have injured his hamstring last night. He’s one of the best players in the Championship, so I hope it’s not too serious.

I know Sheffield United are having a little blip at the moment, but I wouldn’t worry if was you. You lot will definitely be top 2 come end of the season. It’ll be Norwich and yourselves top 2.
I just hope we can cement a play off place this season.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season

Hello Blades fans, I honestly couldn’t see us winning last night, and I’d have been delighted with a draw. I just thought I’d give you all a quick observation about QPR this season.

After last seasons calamitous last 3 months, we changed manager. Michael Beale was Steven Gerard’s assistant at Glasgow Rangers and Aston Villa. He was a left field choice, and we really didn’t know what to expect.
I know we’re only 12 games in, but he’s been very very good. He has a great eye for younger players, and he’s recruited very well.
He’s rectified our full back problem, and we look very good in that department. He loves his full backs to attack, and in Paal & Laird, we have 2 good’uns there.

We have a lot more strength in depth compared to last season, so we shouldn’t be over reliant on players. Saying that, Chris Willock looks to have injured his hamstring last night. He’s one of the best players in the Championship, so I hope it’s not too serious.

I know Sheffield United are having a little blip at the moment, but I wouldn’t worry if was you. You lot will definitely be top 2 come end of the season. It’ll be Norwich and yourselves top 2.

Thought you fully deserved the 3pts last night apart from the 1st 10 mins we didn't trouble you at all and tbh think you won at a canter. All the best for the rest of the season.

We looked knackered and easy pickings for decent sides who defend well ,our flair players look gassed and our defence is a mish mash of whoever is half fit
We have only two fit midfielders one of whom is in his autumn years and another in his second season of league football

Worryingly we have picked up where we left off last season with Injuries so who knows when it will end and we can put out our strongest team

Classic away performance. To be fair you looked like the table toppers and we looked like a team chasing a top 6 place. You had the lot last night a good Keeper, well organised , good work rate, pace and a bit of Games manship. Can see you up there come end of the season. Good Luck.

If our injury crisis carries on as it is for the whole season we certainly won't be getting automatic promotion.

If we are lucky enough to limit them so we don't have as many out at the same time then fingers crossed we're still good enough for a play off place.

Thought the centre halves were great

Are those 2 now first choice or what? Must be a good pair to keep Dickie and Salter on the bench

I've not seen a side so organised for a long time. All moved together, so regimented. And with the ability to break with Chair, Willock et al you're always dangerous.
Guaranteed top 6 if you can keep the attackers fit imo.
I'd love us to sign Dickie if we leave you behind in this division, reyt player.

Doubtful, they were all injured in the last 10 mins (or maybe they were just pretending?!).

I think one of the most annoying things about the opposition feigning injuries in the last few games is that whenever one of our players goes down he's ruled out for 6 months. It's like they're taking the piss out of us

I think one of the most annoying things about the opposition feigning injuries in the last few games is that whenever one of our players goes down he's ruled out for 6 months. It's like they're taking the piss out of us
I said to the lad next to me last night that Baldock will be 4 months and Berge 6 months. Nailed on.

QPR looked decent last night but I’m pretty sure if things were reversed and they were the ones with 10 (I think) injured players then it would be a different matter.

QPR's gameplan worked perfrectly last night! Fair play, well apart from the timewasting. Shithoused us to death. I would have loved it if it was us doing it at your gaff, so cant complain really. That ref was shocking though. Good luck for the rest of the season, and beat the teams we need you to beat 👍

One thing I did notice, I have never seen so much shirt pulling in a game ever, not that I'm blaming you, do you have a shirt pulling coach or summat. That useless twat of a referee chose to ignore it and his even more useless assistants messed themselves everytime a decision needed making.

Thanks. We are running on vapours with players we have available, but I'd say you will be top 6 based on that performance.
I think the time-wasting could be cut out, you don't need it. Mind you, Norwich will give you a lesson in that!
Cheers.

One thing I did notice, I have never seen so much shirt pulling in a game ever, not that I'm blaming you, do you have a shirt pulling coach or summat. That useless twat of a referee chose to ignore it and his even more useless assistants messed themselves everytime a decision needed making.
Errea friends, they were just checking the material quality on our shirts

I was talking to a few sensible types on the Kop. We all agreed that you were the best side we'd played this season (easily better than Reading and Blackburn who are also near the top but looked surprisingly really poor, more like relegation threatened teams). The other teams that have come to Bramall Lane, Millwall and Birmingham were just very physical organised teams so will always be a tough battle but that style only takes you so far.

Some teams in the Championship are very physical but you are more of a neat and tidy passing side with some skilful players up front, was particularly impressed with Chair. His close skill, quick feet and swagger brought back memories of Tarabt who was brilliant in your 3-0 win here several years ago (when Warnock was your manager). Didn't this you were anything outstanding though, overall we had most of the attacks, most of the chances, loads of corners etc.
So could argue we were a bit unlucky, however you had the best chances and had a good "away team" game plan.

The match reminded me a little of our 1-0 away win at Fulham last season.
For all our possession and threatening/ attacking play we never really looked like scoring , thought your defence was superb.
We had plenty of injuries and badly missed Ahmedhodzic, he's a central defender but incredibly is one of our best attacking threats.
Overall think QPR deserved the win, we learn from the defeat and move on.
Based on what I saw don't think you have enough to finish top 2 but play-offs are realistic, all depends on consistency and squad depth coping with injuries/tiredness.

Last edited:
I was talking to a few sensible types on the Kop. We all agreed that you were the best side we'd played this season (easily better than Reading and Blackburn who are also near the top but looked surprisingly really poor, more like relegation threatened teams). The other teams that have come to Bramall Lane, Millwall and Birmingham were just very physical organised teams so will always be a tough battle but that style only takes you so far.

Some teams in the Championship are very physical but you are more of a neat and tidy passing side with some skilful players up front, was particularly impressed with Chair. His close skill, quick feet and swagger brought back memories of Tarabt who was brilliant in your 3-0 win here several years ago (when Warnock was your manager). Didn't this you were anything outstanding though, overall we had most of the attacks, most of the chances, loads of corners etc.
So could argue we were a bit unlucky, however you had the best chances and had a good "away team" game plan.

The match reminded me a little of our 1-0 away win at Fulham last season.
For all our possession and threatening/ attacking play we never really looked like scoring , thought your defence was superb.
We had plenty of injuries and badly missed Ahmedhodzic, he's a central defender but incredibly is one of our best attacking threats.
Overall think QPR deserved the win, we learn from the defeat and move on.
Based on what I saw don't think you have enough to finish top 2 but play-offs are realistic, all depends on consistency and squad depth coping with injuries/tiredness.

You lost me at "sensible types on the Kop." 😉

I’m going to have to be nice to some Rangers fans that I actually know, who’ll be all condescending and polite when I know they were punching the air at full time so I’d like to just take this opportunity to say fuck the fuck off you fucking hoopy cunts. (And stop parking your cars on my street).

😉

I’m going to have to be nice to some Rangers fans that I actually know, who’ll be all condescending and polite when I know they were punching the air at full time so I’d like to just take this opportunity to say fuck the fuck off you fucking hoopy cunts. (And stop parking your cars on my street).

😉
I used to live in London many years and have a few that have a dig on Facebook, glad I didn’t have to go to work with them though today 😂
Lovely club though of honest, great little old fashioned ground and some great places to have a beer/food etc. proper London club

Fair play, we created absolutely nothing. You were narrow, defended well and as well drilled a team I’ve seen across the season so far. We got these types of comments after most of our games in the first season of the Prem under wilder.

Good luck for the season.

Back
Top Bottom