Promotion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

10-0 win

promotion
Reaction score
Think quite a lot on this forum want to see the mighty blades promoted, but rumour has it some don,t according to some comments.
Never thought we,d be in our current position in August,Just enjoy the excitement on the run in. Firing on all cylinders in February/March . UTB

I agree mate, I still think when everyone is fit we have the best squad in the championship

VAR is not fit for purpose unless you are a big 6 club. Takes the shine off promotion for me, celebrating goals doesn't exist in the premier League, it's all about team referee and manufactured drama. The rest of it is good tho, munnnneh and prestige etc

I want us to win every match but I'm not fussed about prem. Can't be doing with odd Indian Man Utd fans.

We need the money, so need promotion. Otherwise it's likely a real struggle again for who knows how long.

Surely everybody on this forum (except a couple of sad wind-up merchants) wants the Blades to get promoted.

Having retained last years squad and even added to it with Anel, it is obvious that the Prince decided to give it one last punt for promotion. For that reason I can see him finding some funds to loan a player(s) to fulfill our reasonable requirements.
I think he sees it as a calculated gamble as we have the player assetts to raise £40-£50m and coming to the end of expensive contracts which would set us back on the straight and narrow if we do not get promoted.
In the back ground we have the potential takeover and surely it is in their interests for us to gain promotion or there is no point them being involved.
Football is better without VAR but the whole idea of competing is to win and subsequently we need a seat at the top table even with the problems of VAR

Having retained last years squad and even added to it with Anel, it is obvious that the Prince decided to give it one last punt for promotion. For that reason I can see him finding some funds to loan a player(s) to fulfill our reasonable requirements.
I think he sees it as a calculated gamble as we have the player assetts to raise £40-£50m and coming to the end of expensive contracts which would set us back on the straight and narrow if we do not get promoted.
In the back ground we have the potential takeover and surely it is in their interests for us to gain promotion or there is no point them being involved.
Football is better without VAR but the whole idea of competing is to win and subsequently we need a seat at the top table even with the problems of VAR

The end of this season and whether Utd manage to get up is likely to be a sliding doors moment for the club. Prem riches (under new ownership) or Champ struggle with a drastically inferior squad.

Football is better with VAR, but only if used properly to assist the ref (quickly).

Sustained PL status should lead to more investment in infrastructure, further growing the fan base and more international status.
And the thing is it gives us a better chance of having a good season in a cup etc. (As in final/win!) You only have to look at who the winners are every season and they are usually amongst the top 6 or 7 clubs but after this it's nearly always a PL team.

Or we have a good run in the league to finish top 7 or 8 teams.

Surely this is something we would like to have. Don't get me wrong championship is a great league for competitiveness and proper clubs and fans too but we will no doubt be back down in 2nd tier of football at somepoint (1 year maybe more) if we got promoted anyway.

Absolutely we need promotion financially and as a supporter, there is no better feeling when it happens, with the optimism and excitement that the new season brings. It was also noticeable how much the clubs profile increased in just two years back at that top table last time.

All that being said, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the championship is a far more enjoyable league. It just has a better atmosphere about it, or at least it feels less sterile. Then you have the sky influence on the PL and the increasingly bizarre and inconvenient kick off times. Whilst they happen at this level, the schedule in the PL is utterly ridiculous. Then of course we have the utter clusterfuck which is VAR.

So bring on the money, the exposure and the excitement of playing the top teams, if we can get there. But it wouldn't break my heart to be back in the championship again within a few seasons, provided we come back down with our pockets stuffed with cash, and have responsible ownership.

Absolutely we need promotion financially and as a supporter, there is no better feeling when it happens, with the optimism and excitement that the new season brings. It was also noticeable how much the clubs profile increased in just two years back at that top table last time.

All that being said, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the championship is a far more enjoyable league. It just has a better atmosphere about it, or at least it feels less sterile. Then you have the sky influence on the PL and the increasingly bizarre and inconvenient kick off times. Whilst they happen at this level, the schedule in the PL is utterly ridiculous. Then of course we have the utter clusterfuck which is VAR.

So bring on the money, the exposure and the excitement of playing the top teams, if we can get there. But it wouldn't break my heart to be back in the championship again within a few seasons, provided we come back down with our pockets stuffed with cash, and have responsible ownership.
yeah lets get there first then worry about how many new players were gonna need whats the point of being in any competition if youve no ambition to be promoted

Things I hate about PL

VAR
Limited away tickets
New sub rule (when MC can bring on Grealish and Marez as 3rd and 4th sub!)

But I’d rather the Blades be there than in the Championship

So we must get promoted this season or set in for a fire sale and long wait until the promised land.

As well as VAR, crap kick-off times etc etc, there's also fewer games in the Prem.
Still hope we win the league and get promoted, even if only for one season, but I much prefer the Championship.

As well as VAR, crap kick-off times etc etc, there's also fewer games in the Prem.
Still hope we can win the Premier League and then get relegated for the following season as I much prefer the Championship.

Slightly altered it for you ;)

I definitely want us to get promoted not because I like the prem but to give us a much needed cash injection which will give us more time to build and develop the club as a whole.

But - unpopular opinion - I don’t think we will - as consistent as we have been during the first half the season - and there is no denying we have been consistent - I think the teams below us have also been very inconsistent and this will change over the second half of the season.

I believe we will struggle to find the same consistency over the next 20 games whilst others will and we will miss out on 2nd by 3 or 4 points.

Goals will be the difficult thing for us as McBurnie seems to be long term, Sharp (who I adore) is no longer the answer, Jebbo and Osula are too young leaving poor old Illy to do it all. Without bringing a striker in I think we will struggle and we all know we have the odd mistake or two in us to conceed a goal.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and we are celebrating winning the title come the end.

I definitely want us to get promoted not because I like the prem but to give us a much needed cash injection which will give us more time to build and develop the club as a whole.

But - unpopular opinion - I don’t think we will - as consistent as we have been during the first half the season - and there is no denying we have been consistent - I think the teams below us have also been very inconsistent and this will change over the second half of the season.

I believe we will struggle to find the same consistency over the next 20 games whilst others will and we will miss out on 2nd by 3 or 4 points.

Goals will be the difficult thing for us as McBurnie seems to be long term, Sharp (who I adore) is no longer the answer, Jebbo and Osula are too young leaving poor old Illy to do it all. Without bringing a striker in I think we will struggle and we all know we have the odd mistake or two in us to conceed a goal.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and we are celebrating winning the title come the end.
I think it's going to be a lot harder than some make out. As you say, we've managed to get results despite not always deserving them. Other teams haven't. We've been on a good run whereas teams 10-15 points below us would consider their season so far to be poor. The worry is our reliance on certain players (McBurnie and if not playing Sharp, Ndiaye, Norwood). It's the same with any team but midfield and upfront are a worry. Not sure how we'd cope without Norwood. He plays every game and makes us tick. Most of our attacks go through Ndiaye as well. With the wingbacks noticeable further back, it would make it hard for us to create anything. Norwood is the playmaker. Also the only tackling and tracking midfielder.

If we have a bad run, then all those teams are pulled back into it. Pressure goes on and we know what can happen there.

Getting promoted requires a lot of luck as well as everything else. We're in a very good position but that can easily change. Thankfully the manager is as aware of that as anyone else.

I think it's going to be a lot harder than some make out. As you say, we've managed to get results despite not always deserving them. Other teams haven't. We've been on a good run whereas teams 10-15 points below us would consider their season so far to be poor. The worry is our reliance on certain players (McBurnie and if not playing Sharp, Ndiaye, Norwood). It's the same with any team but midfield and upfront are a worry. Not sure how we'd cope without Norwood. He plays every game and makes us tick. Most of our attacks go through Ndiaye as well. With the wingbacks noticeable further back, it would make it hard for us to create anything. Norwood is the playmaker. Also the only tackling and tracking midfielder.

If we have a bad run, then all those teams are pulled back into it. Pressure goes on and we know what can happen there.

Getting promoted requires a lot of luck as well as everything else. We're in a very good position but that can easily change. Thankfully the manager is as aware of that as anyone else.
good post i get the impression from heckys last couple of interviews that hes very frustrated he knows if he could just bring a couple of good loan additions in we would be nailed on for a top 2 finish

good post i get the impression from heckys last couple of interviews that hes very frustrated he knows if he could just bring a couple of good loan additions in we would be nailed on for a top 2 finish

I haven't picked this up from him tbh, but I suppose we all hear different things.

My take on his recent interviews is that he would just be happy to get through the JTW with the current squad in tact. He has also been a bit snippy when questioned about tactics and performance levels, despite us getting results and is probably already sick of being asked about the takeover, when I expect he is under strict instructions not to say a word on the subject.

You may be right though, and no manager is going to turn down a couple of signings if they are available, plus he is probably frustrated about McB's injury flaring up again.

I haven't picked this up from him tbh, but I suppose we all hear different things.

My take on his recent interviews is that he would just be happy to get through the JTW with the current squad in tact. He has also been a bit snippy when questioned about tactics and performance levels, despite us getting results and is probably already sick of being asked about the takeover, when I expect he is under strict instructions not to say a word on the subject.

You may be right though, and no manager is going to turn down a couple of signings if they are available, plus he is probably frustrated about McB's injury flaring up again.
jebbo's performance yesterday has gone some way help our striker situation as i doubt mcburnie will be playing a lot of our remaining games and no certainty hes gonna hit the same form he showed pre world cup but still think hecky will bring another striker in

Back
Top Bottom