Project Restart - Hoping for 8th June

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The other 14 team should get together and threaten to vote for those 6 teams to all be relegated with the top 6 in the Championship taking their places. That'll get the twats to stop being such selfish cunts.

The 14 need to stand firm that its a 20 team division next year with 3 relegated this year. At that point you would think those in the firing line (Norwich/Villa/Bournemouth) would flip to wanting to complete the season rather than risk certain relegation.

I can`t stand the relegate no-one but promote Leeds and WBA mob. Its a horrible butchering which purports to be fair but is anything but. After 37 game last year we were 2 points behind Leeds, and finished 6 points ahead - an 8 point swing.

Leeds and WBA are currently 7 and 6 points ahead of Fulham.

2 years ago, Swansea were 3 point clear of relegation and went down, Palace surviving in their place.

I don't think so, it's a cycle that makes the government millions and millions through tax which they need more than ever now.

Eventually clubs will need more money in order to survive and right now none is coming in, and it won't unless they start playing games. That may well end up with them going bust as they're still paying huge player wages. If they go bust there's no one to pay said players, said players can't contribute to the tax system if they're not paid. That would cost the government millions upon millions.

It's not just spectator sport, it's a huge huge part of our economy.

I remember when the new tv deal was agreed a few years back. They would have made more money than the previous TV deal even if they had let fans in for free. The ticket money isn't a club changing amount for most clubs but the TV money is. Wages and transfer fees will be lower but clubs could chug along fine without fans in the ground without spreading a killer disease which it seems you want?

I remember when the new tv deal was agreed a few years back. They would have made more money than the previous TV deal even if they had let fans in for free. The ticket money isn't a club changing amount for most clubs but the TV money is. Wages and transfer fees will be lower but clubs could chug along fine without fans in the ground without spreading a killer disease which it seems you want?
Seems I want?

'Unless they start playing games' I said didn't I? Not 'unless they start playing games with fans in the ground'. Where have I mentioned fans watching, gate receipts etc.?

Of course TV money is the big one. There is no TV money if we don't play games, even behind closed doors.

Seems I want?

'Unless they start playing games' I said didn't I? Not 'unless they start playing games with fans in the ground'. Where have I mentioned fans watching, gate receipts etc.?

Of course TV money is the big one. There is no TV money if we don't play games, even behind closed doors.

Fair enough I thought you were arguing with the spectator sport part of it too.

I don’t think teams like Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster and dozens of other clubs in the EFL can survive long without footfall or a huge Bail out.

As for TV money Burnley don’t seem to think it will be enough for them at Premier League level.

I don't think so, it's a cycle that makes the government millions and millions through tax which they need more than ever now.

Eventually clubs will need more money in order to survive and right now none is coming in, and it won't unless they start playing games. That may well end up with them going bust as they're still paying huge player wages. If they go bust there's no one to pay said players, said players can't contribute to the tax system if they're not paid. That would cost the government millions upon millions.

It's not just spectator sport, it's a huge huge part of our economy.

I'm sure the government don't want to risk another league(s) overtaking the Premier League in terms of global popularity. Say Spain, Italy and German all complete their seasons behind closed doors and the Premier League is cancelled, what will the fans in Asia watch? If the Premier League loses TV money, who is going to start signing the best players?

Football is a massively lucrative industry for the UK government, they'd be crazy to not help support it.

I don’t think teams like Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster and dozens of other clubs in the EFL can survive long without footfall or a huge Bail out.

As for TV money Burnley don’t seem to think it will be enough for them at Premier League level.

I suggest you go back and listen to what Burnley's chairman actually said.

As for the EFL. They will need a huge bailout or they are done.

The 14 need to stand firm that its a 20 team division next year with 3 relegated this year. At that point you would think those in the firing line (Norwich/Villa/Bournemouth) would flip to wanting to complete the season rather than risk certain relegation.

I can`t stand the relegate no-one but promote Leeds and WBA mob. Its a horrible butchering which purports to be fair but is anything but. After 37 game last year we were 2 points behind Leeds, and finished 6 points ahead - an 8 point swing.

2 years ago, Swansea were 3 point clear of relegation and went down, Palace surviving in their place.

Why should we get 1/22 share of the TV money instead of 1/20? It may be selfish, but how relegation/promotion is sorted isn't our problem, maintaining a 20 team Premier League should be our only concern.

If the Championship isn't finished then maybe their is a case for relegation to be cancelled, but I only say that because I'd love to see Leeds screwed over!

How do you var with refs in that room together?! 🤣
Won't be that much of a problem.
Many semi-pro grounds have ample size rooms for officials.
PL clubs they're probably huge.
Any Grade 7 standard league and above have minimum sizes/standards for officials

Any success will be hollow.

It won't the same that's for sure but after 29 to 30 odd games it would be more hollow to not allow teams who have achieved all season to not have the opportunity to finish the job, whilst allowing teams who haven't to get a free pass.

It's not just the glory, it's about business and serious money which means jobs and security for lots of people.

I'd much rather see the season finished and United finish with no more than 10th place, rather PPG or completely voided.

It needs to finish yes we will have the most memorable PL Champions in Liverpool but in the same breath this little team from Sheffield who everyone expected to be relegated straight away did the unthinkable and finish in the top 6. Come on we all still want to see Gareth Crooks eat his words big time.

3 of our foreign contingent in Millhouses park about an hour ago. Go pro on. Saw them about a month ago together so assume they’ll lodging together nearby.

4BC5504D-0897-4604-A616-505E178C592D.jpeg0EDCC2E0-6F3B-4FE6-83EF-7B947424A9E0.jpegA4B4451D-97EE-470A-B6C3-BA09E516D270.jpeg

Attachments

• D3EEFE2D-643F-4DAB-BB66-10AAB834FD46.jpeg
    D3EEFE2D-643F-4DAB-BB66-10AAB834FD46.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 49

looking at last years Burnley accounts they had a turnover of £137.8m with money from TV rights etc accounting for £104.3m (sorry that's quick and dirty and found the numbers from 2 different sites but won't be far out).
So they are on £33.5m (£33.7m according to accounts) but this is not broken down any further than to call it 'operating profit' so a guess would be footfall and sponsorship.

(I've got a cold so can't remember why I thought I'd do this but I'll put it out there now.)
Sources: (not doing links)
burnleyfootballclub dot com
Planet football

I thought the training ground was back open?

Only for a few at a time. Listen to George Baldock talk about it. It's basically just running with someone watching you from a distance. Pretty pointless when GPS can do it like in the photos shown

Only for a few at a time. Listen to George Baldock talk about it. It's basically just running with someone watching you from a distance. Pretty pointless when GPS can do it like in the photos shown

You'd think we'd be able to find space for our record signing so he doesn't have to run around a park! 😂

You'd think we'd be able to find space for our record signing so he doesn't have to run around a park! 😂
He comes across as one you could trust to get on with it. I think I’d have the lazier ones in so I could make sure they’re actually breaking sweat. There are a couple I could imagine tying the GPS to a dog and throwing it a stick.

He comes across as one you could trust to get on with it. I think I’d have the lazier ones in so I could make sure they’re actually breaking sweat. There are a couple I could imagine tying the GPS to a dog and throwing it a stick.

Are you claiming a Mr Mousset may not have done a marathon distance this week? 🤣

Knowing how badly Leeds usually end the season i'd need to see them a good 40 points clear, minimum, before assuming they'd finish anywhere near the top 6.

Back
Top Bottom