Programme Corner

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes, mine arrived on Friday. An unwelcome reminder that football was coming back after the international break...
Thanks - I was going to cast aspersions on the Leeds posties but if you got one in LS16 then maybe not! TBF some of the articles are quite good, I like the 'unusual' pro interviews ie Rob Scott - you tend to get a more interesting slant on things

Now I've got all the music threads sorted out its time to concentrate on the programmes.

Last season, despite no crowds, Premier League Clubs as a rule continued to print programmes for games.

Only two Premier Clubs didn't produce anything, Leicester and Manchester City (presumably City couldn't afford it).

This year we're back in the Championships and already some clubs have resisted printing programmes.

Derby and Blackburn are doing monthly magazines instead (good luck with that)

and some like Swansea aren't doing anything at all, (although if you are a swansea fan you can buy a full seasons subscription for £70 but you don't the programmes until next may) 🤔 ☹️

so there will be nowt this weekend. :mad:

So what of United's new effort for 2021-2. Well, it follows the same template as last season 100 pages, solid spine, £3.50 etc etc.

If you can't make the game. Available direct from Ignition Media for £3.50 plus P&P.

Covers by Arty Blanco which I quite like.. usual managers column and players talk.

Interview with the legendary Bashembauer.

Memory Lane Time Capsule is a brief flashback to 1997 and Deano's return on the opening day.

Then there;s the usual development teams progress followed by a tribute to Blades full back, the late Len Badger and a continuation of that by John Garrett.

Blades fans at the Euro's includes Kev Booth who literally gets everywhere.....and I mean everywhere :)

Flashbacks to 1981/2 and 1994/5

Opposition profile of course, and a look back at players who played for both in this case Vass Borborkis, Noddy and Curtis Woodhouse.

Then there's a large section dedicated to Paul Devlin.

One new feature to appear is forgotten grounds in the Birmingham issue it was Filbert Street (Some memories there) and in the Carlisle Issue it was the Goldstone Ground.
A welcome addition

All in all another decent offering, UTB was certainly one of the better issues in the Premier and the programme team continue to do a good job.

Sheff Utd v Birmingham 21-22.jpg

PS next week's game at West Brom.

Programme available direct from Curtis-sport.com. £3.50 plus P&P.

Now I've got all the music threads sorted out its time to concentrate on the programmes.

Last season, despite no crowds, Premier League Clubs as a rule continued to print programmes for games.

Only two Premier Clubs didn't produce anything, Leicester and Manchester City (presumably City couldn't afford it).

This year we're back in the Championships and already some clubs have resisted printing programmes.

and some like Swansea aren't doing anything at all, (although if you are a swansea fan you can buy a full seasons subscription for £70 but you don't the programmes until next may) 🤔 ☹️

So what of United's new effort for 2021-2. Well, it follows the same template as last season 100 pages, solid spine, £3.50 etc etc.

If you can't make the game. Available direct from Ignition Media for £3.50 plus P&P.

Covers by Arty Blanco which I quite like.. usual managers column and players talk.

Memory Lane Time Capsule is a brief flashback to 1997 and Deano's return on the opening day.

Then there;s the usual development teams progress followed by a tribute to Blades full back, the late Len Badger and a continuation of that by John Garrett.

Blades fans at the Euro's includes Kev Booth who literally gets everywhere.....and I mean everywhere :)

Opposition profile of course, and a look back at players who played for both in this case Vass Borborkis, Noddy and Curtis Woodhouse.

One new feature to appear is forgotten grounds in the Birmingham issue it was Filbert Street (Some memories there) and in the Carlisle Issue it was the Goldstone Ground.
A welcome addition

All in all another decent offering, UTB was certainly one of the better issues in the Premier and the programme team continue to do a good job.

View attachment 118740
A lot of the print was very small and on a coloured background making it hard to read.
Bert's only criticism.

Not sure if these are 'official', but they appear to be printed copies of the digital editions the clubs produced: Leicester City programmes and Manchester City programmes - I bought them and the quality is good.

Love football programmes. Sadly all Belgian clubs have stopped making them. After years having nothing Beerschot is doing a monthly magazine this year. Better than nothing but nothing beats a true match programme as a souvenir. I had a period where I collected programmes from English cup games and European cup ties. Should dive into the attic some day to see which treasures I have.

Not sure if these are 'official',

”The programme was released in digital format only by the club, for this behind closed doors match. This is a full printed version of the programme done to a good standard by a 3rd party not the club”

A welcome addition

View attachment 118740
I like the new programme, my criticism is I always like to read up on opposing players and this seems to be lacking.

A welcome addition

View attachment 118740
Will the club make a profit on programmes, I.haven't a clue on how many buy them.

A welcome addition

View attachment 118740
I thought it was odd that they carried on producing them last season despite the lack of crowds. I'd be interested to know how many they sold.

As mentioned, last week, no programmes printed at Swansea, although they were offering a digital download, which in truth are the devil's incarnate.

This has become a real issue in the collecting universe.

Some clubs are leaning towards digital, persuaded by companies such as Hashtagdigital, but I literally don't know anyone who would download one, and let I know hundreds who'd buy a programme in print.

I realize that Clubs can claim they are losing money by over printing, (I believe United are one of the few clubs up until Covid, who had increased sales, albeit that maybe because sales go hand in hand with success on the pitch and therefore increased attendances) but I'm sure it can't be too difficult to estimate how many you would need to print given the opposition and reduce waste.

Surely the local printers would welcome the work.

If you need a Swansea hard copy the next best thing is to order one from M60 programmes who do a great printed version of the official programme. (An Unofficial-Official copy if you like).

Just remember to be patient. You might have to wait 5/6 weeks to receive it. They have a huge backlog.

Come a long way since lines from the Pavillion Sharra. Not so long ago you could buy a House with a shoe-box full of the rare/old ones , but those days seem to have gone.

Something a little bit different:

For those of you who like their retro shirts, Subbuteo, football gaming and of course programme collecting:

There is an event on in Sheffield this weekend: Saturday: 10 till 5.

The Retro Football Fair:
Trafalgar Warehouse, Trafalgar Street, Sheffield City Centre, (Nr Devonshire Green). S1 4JT
Entry Free:

I'm told the last one the organizers held in Manchester was very popular especially for those with an interest in retro shirts.

I might go and have a butchers in the morning before the 'Udders game'

So what did the West Brom programme have to offer us on wednesday night.

68 pages, it feels thin, no solid spine, and for some reason on the cover and throughout the programme there's a over emphasis on the 'Lord is my Shepherd'

There must be a reason, bit I don't know it.

img001.jpg

New manager Valerian Ismael, and Captain Jake Livermore both state what a really tough test it will be. (Clearly, they've not seen us).

A foot in both camps, memory match, player interview are all pretty much staple diets.

Reading matters did cover a couple of past programmes which was ok.

The print is larger than most, which although easy to read, means less content. Even Boiler man has gone awol.

There really isn't much in it. For £3.50 its not a great effort.

Its a shame because some of their programmes over the last 20 years had some great reading in them

So what did the West Brom programme have to offer us on wednesday night.

68 pages, it feels thin, no solid spine, and for some reason on the cover and throughout the programme there's a over emphasis on the 'Lord is my Shepherd'

There must be a reason, bit I don't know it.

View attachment 119375

New manager Valerian Ismael, and Captain Jake Livermore both state what a really tough test it will be. (Clearly, they've not seen us).

A foot in both camps, memory match, player interview are all pretty much staple diets.

Reading matters did cover a couple of past programmes which was ok.

The print is larger than most, which although easy to read, means less content. Even Boiler man has gone awol.

There really isn't much in it. For £3.50 its not a great effort.

Its a shame because some of their programmes over the last 20 years had some great reading in them
What is it with West Brom and the hymn Lord Is My Shepherd? I don't know why the West Brom fans sing it?

Something a little bit different:

For those of you who like their retro shirts, Subbuteo, football gaming and of course programme collecting:

There is an event on in Sheffield this weekend: Saturday: 10 till 5.

The Retro Football Fair:
Trafalgar Warehouse, Trafalgar Street, Sheffield City Centre, (Nr Devonshire Green). S1 4JT
Entry Free:

I'm told the last one the organizers held in Manchester was very popular especially for those with an interest in retro shirts.

I might go and have a butchers in the morning before the 'Udders game'
Went down this morning. Very busy. Only saw 3 Blades shirts in my look round. The diamond kit for £65 I think, Laver 94 for £100, and I think the pinstripe 1990 shirt for £100 too. All looked M/L sizes which I think are rarer sizes. Lots of Wednesday shirts, probably cause no one wants to buy them

Programmes not so much my interest but did see a few sellers so might be some gems for those of you interested

I went down for a nosey myself in the morning wearing my Panathinaikos 1998 Home shirt. It looked better on me back then 🤣

I admit I enjoyed it, shirts, boots, scarves, prints, arcade machines and bar. didn't see any United shirts, a couple of training and tracksuit tops from the 90s, but confess I didn't do a great deal of searching.

Later I took my two lads down about 1,..... for an hour, great way to spend pre-game, and they bought these.

nurnberg-2020-christmas-kit-8.jpg610Sb-SeWoL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Only downside for me was the price of my pale ale at the bar.

Yeah it was good. Decent range of shirts but a bit of a scrum which in these there covid times was not ideal rubbing against some sweaty middle aged bloke as they decide whether it is worth remortgaging their house to buy a Parma 94 home shirt.

I still own my house by the way.

Saw a few old United shirts but all ones I have but was more interested in the continental shirts. Prices have gone silly though now. There was some beauties bit in poor nick and the sellers wanting £150 upwards. Saw one shirt for £600. I like shirts but not sure I'd ever spend more than a ton unless it was an old United shirt I really wanted.

I picked up a Mexico 98 shirt with loads of pulls- looked at the price £275 😮 promptly put that back on the rack

Back
Top Bottom