Prince on Sheff United Way

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Radio Sheffield’s interview with Hecky was anything to go by, the Prince does well to stay clear of them. They are past their sell-by date and I completely agree other mediums are the future.

What was supposed to be an hours interview was 30minutes after 2 80s songs and a ridiculous pub quiz.

I couldn’t care less about what Heckys favourite book is or his last meal was, I want to know how he’s going to improve my football club.

I reckon from what I got from that is that Doyle could be our next signing.

His Due Diligence answer was bizarre. If you're outsourcing it to a third party you make sure you are setting the agenda. You don't rely on an unrelated organisation, with a different agenda and remit.

If Radio Sheffield’s interview with Hecky was anything to go by, the Prince does well to stay clear of them. They are past their sell-by date and I completely agree other mediums are the future.

What was supposed to be an hours interview was 30minutes after 2 80s songs and a ridiculous pub quiz.

I couldn’t care less about what Heckys favourite book is or his last meal was, I want to know how he’s going to improve my football club.
Aye
+ a geezer from the South Yorkshire football hotbed of Bournemouth

Well asked but politically answered questions was the theme of the interview. It’s good that the owner fronted up and he was never going to reveal the trade secrets of the club so it was about as expected.

Interesting to note that Ndiaye was obviously aware of his talents years ago and was turned down a better contract due to some perceived academy player ➡️first teamer wage cap that we have in place. I was convinced that the delay in getting him in the first team probably didn’t do us any favours and it seemed we penny pinched on his previous extension and that might have cost us his signature on a new deal over the last 6-12 months (as well as OM interest).

I’d like to see proof of how Dangerous Daz was reporting the court case ‘more fairly’ when compared to the other media channels. I’m sure a few clickbaity headlines from Hall, Hemmingham and Shields as well as some carefully selected quotes in their past work has counted against them.

Not sure that RS would have been the same though as they are more rounded in their presentation than a newspaper style headline writer.

Worried that he and UW want to stay involved and that his blasé attitude to due diligence, “the EFL/PL will catch anything we miss” isn’t a great admission on his part.

Regarding the local press and radio you have to compare the treatment of both Sheffield clubs they loved it when we were under a transfer embargo and were like flies round shit. Compare that to when the pigs were hours away from being wound up by HMRC and it is a re run of the SOS campaign not a great deal said about missing safety certificates either or more recently Newcastle fans being crushed. Shut a few rows on Shoreham st and it gets bigger headlines. I'll not mention the pot stirring from Star reporters going round pubs looking for anti Ched Evans comments before matches either.

Regarding the local press and radio you have to compare the treatment of both Sheffield clubs they loved it when we were under a transfer embargo and were like flies round shit. Compare that to when the pigs were hours away from being wound up by HMRC and it is a re run of the SOS campaign not a great deal said about missing safety certificates either or more recently Newcastle fans being crushed. Shut a few rows on Shoreham st and it gets bigger headlines. I'll not mention the pot stirring from Star reporters going round pubs looking for anti Ched Evans comments before matches either.

Actually that's another good example the transfer embargo. Local press were still banging on about it even after we had settled it.

"So we have an interview with Sheffield United manager Paul Heckingbottom tonight.

Lets take a call.... we have a Bournemouth fan on the line...."

Are the likes of Rob Staton really that fucking miffed PA gives them the cold shoulder.

Actually that's another good example the transfer embargo. Local press were still banging on about it even after we had settled it.

"So we have an interview with Sheffield United manager Paul Heckingbottom tonight.

Lets take a call.... we have a Bournemouth fan on the line...."

Are the likes of Rob Staton really that fucking miffed PA gives them the cold shoulder.
Yeah classic Radio Sheff two callers 2nd one on is from feckin Bournemouth WTF?

I think he has spoken well and told us how it is...............but the selling of the club £170m for 80%.................Debra Meaden would say ............i'm out.

He's put £70m in. That works out at about £8m a year which is less than what Preston's owner has to chuck in each year to keep them afloat. But it's definitely him and not 2 superb managers who've achieved success

For someone as high profile as he is, what’s he actually done that a big standard, mid tier Championship owner wouldn’t have done? Apart from not pay local suppliers, embargo etc

He's put £70m in. That works out at about £8m a year which is less than what Preston's owner has to chuck in each year to keep them afloat. But it's definitely him and not 2 superb managers who've achieved success

For someone as high profile as he is, what’s he actually done that a big standard, mid tier Championship owner wouldn’t have done? Apart from not pay local suppliers, embargo etc

Hemmings has an alleged net worth of over 1 billion, I doubt the princes is anywhere near that.

Hemmings has an alleged net worth of over 1 billion, I doubt the princes is anywhere near that.
I didn’t say anything about worth. I’m talking about the amount they put into the club

Fair? To who? My point is, for all the many, many words used on the subject he’s actually been pretty inconsequential to the success of the club. Certainly contributed to making the club look unprofessional a few times though

And that's a fair point to make if that's what you think. Comparing the financial input to others is comparing apples and oranges in my opinion. I also don't think he's claiming to have been some massive difference maker in that regard, I note the praise for that is often passed on to the staff/players.

I'm not a fan of the prince by any means, but I'm also not anti him. We could have done a lot worse, we probably could have done better.

On point 1, I think it's a shortsighted, risky and limited take - it's not the soundest organisational psychology, by any means. For example, I don't know about you, but I perform best when I feel my efforts are recognised by my organisation and when I have job security. He felt quite generalised in his thinking, that all players are fickle contract cowboys, only working when under pressure. If my arse were almost on the line, and my family's security depended on it, I'd be looking elsewhere for career security and worth.

Perhaps if he offered incentives in new contracts with the first instalment paid on signing, then he might have a bit more success, but neither of those are his targets, are they? What a fucking shambles of a club board we have.

And that's a fair point to make if that's what you think. Comparing the financial input to others is comparing apples and oranges in my opinion. I also don't think he's claiming to have been some massive difference maker in that regard, I note the praise for that is often passed on to the staff/players.

I'm not a fan of the prince by any means, but I'm also not anti him. We could have done a lot worse, we probably could have done better.
Fair. I’m probably frustrated at those who seem to think we should all be bowing down and be eternally grateful for him.

Don’t agree with how the multi club thing has been done and not paying local small businesses in despicable. However, I think he’s well intentioned (or at least I always have until this summer), just naive mostly

I’ve listened to the interview and although I think Hal & Nick did as good a job as they could, the bottom line is that the Prince, simply does not have the funds to run a Premiership club (probably even a Championship Club). The fact that we are having to secure future premiership money with loans again and that we have a very limited budget says it all. We are 6 days from the start of the season, and still the incomings promised are taking forever to be negotiated. The Prince has changed his tune & is now saying that he’d like to retain 20% ownership as part of any sale!!! Let’s see how he feels in 2 months time if we are bottom and the scrutiny on the way he is running the club intensifies. He is deluded to be thinking that he will get £170 million - in 12 months time - he’ll be lucky to get half of that. For me - if does not have the funds - he needs to find a way to sell at a more realistic price as quickly as he can.

Fair. I’m probably frustrated at those who seem to think we should all be bowing down and be eternally grateful for him.

Don’t agree with how the multi club thing has been done and not paying local small businesses in despicable. However, I think he’s well intentioned (or at least I always have until this summer), just naive mostly

As cliche as it is we definitely rose too soon for him. Sure he’s well equipped to deal with the trials and tribulations of the champ but once those big fees starting flying around in the prem and we were relegated he was exposed badly.

Not sure anyone is bowing down to him. I think most agree he just needs to hurry up and sell the club as its clear his financial resources can't sustain this club long term. He has admitted that himself on a number of occasions.

That all said he is probably pricing himself out of a concrete offer for a takeover with the asking price. Plus the fact PA now would like to keep his foot in the door with United World, he may have to concede on this as not many new owners will want the previous guy having a stake in the club. That is what McCabe wanted to do when he ran the show and I reckon that put a lot off potential buyers back then.

It's a joke really that neither McCabe or PA could actually find a serious buyer/investors for the club. It shows that we were not a decent investment back in 2008 and somehow we still don't seem to be in 2023.

Not sure anyone is bowing down to him. I think most agree he just needs to hurry up and sell the club as its clear his financial resources can't sustain this club long term. He has admitted that himself on a number of occasions.

That all said he is probably pricing himself out of a concrete offer for a takeover with the asking price. Plus the fact PA now would like to keep his foot in the door with United World, he may have to concede on this as not many new owners will want the previous guy having a stake in the club. That is what McCabe wanted to do when he ran the show and I reckon that put a lot off potential buyers back then.

It's a joke really that neither McCabe or PA could actually find a serious buyer/investors for the club. It shows that we were not a decent investment back in 2008 and somehow we still don't seem to be in 2023.
Plenty of people think he’s done an amazing job.

He’s not the devil, but the fact is he was happy to sell us to a criminal and then a bullshitter. Most of all he wants a profit - as he stated when he first arrived.
He’s not happy to sell us to a criminal or a bullshitter. He clearly stated that he had confidence in the due diligence processes implemented by the regulating authorities, and trusted to these. This confidence was well-placed, resulting in the failure of the criminal or the bullshitter to purchase the club.

Back
Top Bottom