Premier League >>>The Holy Grail

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember a time when everyone expected United to be a mainstay of English football‘s top division. We shouldn’t lower our expectations.

There is absolutely no reason why United can’t become a mainstay of the Premier League much the same as other similar sized clubs and absolutely no reason we couldn’t win the odd cup.

Think of the number of semi finals we’ve been in as a second tier club and think of the number of smaller clubs who’ve reached finals in recent years.

Accept second best and it’ll not be long where second best becomes an ambition rather than the norm. We should never stop wanting to be a regular top flight club.
That’s a great ideal
Until you realise you can only attain that by breaking rules & having a billionaire throwing money at you

EPL is just for the players , agents,managers ,coaches , Sky ,betting companies ,nation states,and other greedy hangers on .
You can keep it.

I was talking to my mate only on Thursday. Known him odd years and he’s supported Man City as long as I’ve known him.
He was saying he just doesn’t enjoy it like he used to when they were scrapping about.
Reckons it’s now too corporate, all about money, plastic supporters, prima donna footballers and just not the same experience (which we all can see).
So he doesn’t bother going now and watches a League One side instead.
Be careful what you wish for.

For me it's not actually being in the PL, but trying to get to it, or any league above.
We all know that the PL is basically 3 divisions in its own right.
Top six
Mid section
Bottom 6

It's just a cash-grab now for championship clubs. If you're not stupid and avoid giving out long term contracts you can come back down in a decent financial state.
Thats right its all about finances . We would have been in a mess if we had not got promotion last year . Hopefully or finances should be in better shape now and the club should be in a better place now . Now that the big guys are spending 80 mill for players and paying 200,000 pounds a week in wages we have to accept we will never be able to go toe to toe with these guys and lets face it how many in the Championship could . The top teams are out of sight and uncatchable. Also most are bloody boring .

Back
Top Bottom