Player Suggestion Premier League Loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If this is the case (I'm skeptical) I can't help worry somewhat about the season ahead. I feel the formation should be dictated by the coach/manager, rather than the club. Surely it would be easier for us to alter the approach of the youth teams, to suit the first team, rather than the other way around?

As far as I can tell, Jokanovic's previous success has been using 4 at the back. Getting us up will be a tough enough job without dictating the formation he can use.

As for United world, the whole structure practically relies on having a PL club at the top of the tree: getting back up should be prioritised over playing the same system as what are essentially feeder teams.
It think it's based on the squad of players we currently have. We don't have a side currently able to go to a back 4 for example.
It would involve a huge overhaul of the expensive playing staff we have, so it's clearly going to be an evolution and if that's to 4 at the back it'll be after a couple of transfer windows.

It think it's based on the squad of players we currently have. We don't have a side currently able to go to a back 4 for example.
It would involve a huge overhaul of the expensive playing staff we have, so it's clearly going to be an evolution and if that's to 4 at the back it'll be after a couple of transfer windows.

I would guess there needs to be a huge overhaul regardless of formation, personally.

I would guess there needs to be a huge overhaul regardless of formation, personally.
can't see it. We have neither the time, nor the resources to do it all over this summer.

I dont think Ampadu is good enough or strong enough to play any of the CB roles
Guehi the kid at Swansea looks a unit but seems to have a mistake in him too often Ive only watched him in the play off games but wasnt that impressed by him

They get plenty of stick on here, so credit where it's due to James Shield for his column yesterday around the links Mitchell began to cultivate with Marina Granovskaia at Chelsea. Moreover, that they seem to have developed a good professional relationship, which you would have thought helped secure Ampadu, when there would have been other clubs with bigger budgets, who would have also been interested. That move maybe didn't work out how many of us hoped, he was highly sought after and it was quite a coup given the pond where we were fishing. If nothing else it's a interesting take on what Mitchell could bring to us given he's possibly in a precarious position until Slav firms up his support team.

While I had a pop at James around his comments about other journalists he's pulled together an interesting piece here and it's adds something to the off-season discussion. - Cheers James.

While I'm not overly aware around the Chelsea youngsters aside from Gilmour and Gallagher both of whom you'd think had grown far beyond a Championship loan however if not I'm sure we'd love to have, and both would fit into that Mount/James category that Lampard had a Derby which effectively doped them with players far too good for the level. We know Chelsea's model with regards to loans, so there certainly is something we can look to take advantage of, and with us also having good links with Manchester United it looks like we could realistically expect to secure some really top targets for our level, if he stays in role.

Kenedy would be nice then.

Surprised Gallagher is missing from this list. Cant see him breaking in at Chelsea next season, has a good bit of champ experience now and wold be a great loan in if we could get him.

Surprised Gallagher is missing from this list. Cant see him breaking in at Chelsea next season, has a good bit of champ experience now and wold be a great loan in if we could get him.
He will want to carry on playing in the PL

City wanting a loan for Taylor Harwood-Bellis.
That could work for the right centre back role and if we go up likely it could cover a few seasons.

If this is the case (I'm skeptical) I can't help worry somewhat about the season ahead. I feel the formation should be dictated by the coach/manager, rather than the club. Surely it would be easier for us to alter the approach of the youth teams, to suit the first team, rather than the other way around?

As far as I can tell, Jokanovic's previous success has been using 4 at the back. Getting us up will be a tough enough job without dictating the formation he can use.

As for United world, the whole structure practically relies on having a PL club at the top of the tree: getting back up should be prioritised over playing the same system as what are essentially feeder teams.
I'm aware that not all the junior teams actually played to the style, 352, that they were told to last season or the season before. My guess is that the new manager will drift to the style he wants.

If I understand the loan rules,

we can have 5 loans for either 1/2 or full season
Only 2 of these can be over 23

Alongside a bit of permanent transfer activity that gives Slav a real opportunity to re-mould the squad as required

I'm aware that not all the junior teams actually played to the style, 352, that they were told to last season or the season before. My guess is that the new manager will drift to the style he wants.

If I understand the loan rules,

we can have 5 loans for either 1/2 or full season
Only 2 of these can be over 23

Alongside a bit of permanent transfer activity that gives Slav a real opportunity to re-mould the squad as required
Five loans sounds too many and leaves big holes when they expire, unless on “loan to buy” basis.
Two or three experienced (and good) ones would be ideal.

Five loans sounds too many and leaves big holes when they expire, unless on “loan to buy” basis.
Two or three experienced (and good) ones would be ideal.

I reckon that there will be a maximum number of 5 incomings. In reality, I think it could be more like 3 though as I think he will be swayed by what he sees in pre season and the fact that despite 6 moving on we still have a squad of around 30 all in including the youngsters, some of whom will be challenging this season and some of whom will be still not quite ready. So even if 5 are deemed not ready we still need to trim some extra away otherwise we could end up with a squad which is just too big.

Centre half position, centre midfield and maybe a winger might be enough for now so maybe 3 in and I don't see all of them being loans. I suppose it depends on how much he wants to put his stamp on things and bring on new players rather than using what he already has available, and who is still to leave.

I reckon that there will be a maximum number of 5 incomings. In reality, I think it could be more like 3 though as I think he will be swayed by what he sees in pre season and the fact that despite 6 moving on we still have a squad of around 30 all in including the youngsters, some of whom will be challenging this season and some of whom will be still not quite ready. So even if 5 are deemed not ready we still need to trim some extra away otherwise we could end up with a squad which is just too big.

Centre half position, centre midfield and maybe a winger might be enough for now so maybe 3 in and I don't see all of them being loans. I suppose it depends on how much he wants to put his stamp on things and bring on new players rather than using what he already has available, and who is still to leave.
yeah about right there maybe 3 in now and 2 more in january but suppose it depends how slav sees the squad as it stands definetly need a centre back and a midfielder in before start of season

yeah about right there maybe 3 in now and 2 more in january but suppose it depends how slav sees the squad as it stands definetly need a centre back and a midfielder in before start of season

the squad is nowhere near complete if we want to be challenge for me. Especially if we want to play the 3-4-3 formation we did yesterday . We have no wingers / wide forwards at all and no pace in the squad.

we will need as a minimum :

To replace berge, lundstram, as midfielders. We already had zero cover there last year.

Adequately replace JOC rather than have a variety of sticking plasters there.

add some cover to replace the departing jags/Bryan at centreback if we don’t want to risk playing full backs there as we had to do on far too many occasions last season.

Add some functional wingers or creativity

We are going to need to use as many loans as we can for me, as we arnt going to be awash with money. Thinking about this and you really have to question the adequacy of the squad construction and recruitment process for the last few years. I Can’t remember such a lopsided squad - it’s literally all fullbacks and forwards with gaping holes everywhere else you look.

With the expected loss of Berge and another couple of players I'd expect that we'd take advantage of the fact we can loan more than two players from Premier League clubs to supplement any permanent signings. Out of sheer boredom I thought I'd put together a list of a few potential loanees for the areas I think we'll need strengthening.

CB
Mengi (19) - absolute unit whose loan at Derby was cut short due to injury
Harwood Bellis (19) - very highly rated youngster who had a good season at Blackburn
Clarke Salter (23) - left sided CB somehow still on Chelsea's books
Guehi (20) - excellent season at Swansea

MF
Dewsbury Hall (22) - played really well on the couple of times I saw him
Garner (20) - absolute class though MU might want to try him at a higher level next year
Galbraith (20) - next cab off the ranks at MU. Very highly rated
Anjorin (19) - already played for first team. Can play deeper or further forward. Got the lot
Mejbri (18) - ignoring the insane hair this kid will be a top player. Maybe a bit young but very good AM
Elliott (18) - tore it up at Blackburn this year. Can play wide or as AM

Wingers
Elanga (19) - seen as successor to Martial. Quick and can finish with both feet
Chong (21) - another with Valderrama-esque hair. Not hit the heights expected when he signed but still a good player
Sessegnon (21) - I know he normally plays WB but plays as a winger for England U21s
Chong gone to Birmingham, likely face us in opening fixture

the squad is nowhere near complete if we want to be challenge for me. Especially if we want to play the 3-4-3 formation we did yesterday . We have no wingers / wide forwards at all and no pace in the squad.

we will need as a minimum :

To replace berge, lundstram, as midfielders. We already had zero cover there last year.

Adequately replace JOC rather than have a variety of sticking plasters there.

add some cover to replace the departing jags/Bryan at centreback if we don’t want to risk playing full backs there as we had to do on far too many occasions last season.

Add some functional wingers or creativity

We are going to need to use as many loans as we can for me, as we arnt going to be awash with money. Thinking about this and you really have to question the adequacy of the squad construction and recruitment process for the last few years. I Can’t remember such a lopsided squad - it’s literally all fullbacks and forwards with gaping holes everywhere else you look.
Remember loans involve fees so not necessarily huge savings having 5 loans rather than 2 permanents

Remember loans involve fees so not necessarily huge savings having 5 loans rather than 2 permanents

Agreed - but I still think we are at least 5 players away from having a competitive and balanced squad at this level.

We have so many gaps that need plugging properly, but can’t again be relying on makeshift sticking plasters for a full season if we want to be successful.

Agreed - but I still think we are at least 5 players away from having a competitive and balanced squad at this level.

We have so many gaps that need plugging properly, but can’t again be relying on makeshift sticking plasters for a full season if we want to be successful.
The problem is that this squad could be successful in the Championship but not in the Premiership, so do we go all out for additions so that we can go straight back up and survive or do we take two to three years to produce an oven ready Premiership squad ?

The problem is that this squad could be successful in the Championship but not in the Premiership, so do we go all out for additions so that we can go straight back up and survive or do we take two to three years to produce an oven ready Premiership squad ?
could be but not in the midfield area were woefully short of numbers there that was the problem last season at least 2 new faces need to come in for me

could be but not in the midfield area were woefully short of numbers there that was the problem last season at least 2 new faces need to come in for me
We have 5 midfielders plus Freeman and plus any of the youngsters. How many do we need ?
By all means unload one or two and replace with better quality if that is possible, but let’s not add any to a bloated squad.

We have 5 midfielders plus Freeman and plus any of the youngsters. How many do we need ?
By all means unload one or two and replace with better quality if that is possible, but let’s not add any to a bloated squad.
sorry disagree berge will be gone and norwood and fleck need competition for their places we need more creativity and physicality in midfield in the championship

sorry disagree berge will be gone and norwood and fleck need competition for their places we need more creativity and physicality in midfield in the championship
I agree that if Berge goes we need a quality CM or RM, but in Freeman and Osborn we have completion to push Fleck and I don’t know how good at this level our youngsters are. If not up to it then we need another to push/cover Bogle.
My real concern is to find a good young CB who can progress to Premiership standard ( are there any at a sensible price?)

I agree that if Berge goes we need a quality CM or RM, but in Freeman and Osborn we have completion to push Fleck and I don’t know how good at this level our youngsters are. If not up to it then we need another to push/cover Bogle.
My real concern is to find a good young CB who can progress to Premiership standard ( are there any at a sensible price?)
oh definetly need a rm to challenge norwood just wonder if freeman could be the competition for mcgoldrick in the floating role in a front 3 ?

Say Berge does go to the Arse, I reckon there's a possibility they would want to loan him back to us for the season. Give the lad the chance to get some much needed minutes under his belt.

Have any of the prem starlets moved yet other than gilmour?

Back
Top Bottom