Player Suggestion Premier League Loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yakblade

Reaction score
With the expected loss of Berge and another couple of players I'd expect that we'd take advantage of the fact we can loan more than two players from Premier League clubs to supplement any permanent signings. Out of sheer boredom I thought I'd put together a list of a few potential loanees for the areas I think we'll need strengthening.

CB
Mengi (19) - absolute unit whose loan at Derby was cut short due to injury
Harwood Bellis (19) - very highly rated youngster who had a good season at Blackburn
Clarke Salter (23) - left sided CB somehow still on Chelsea's books
Guehi (20) - excellent season at Swansea

MF
Dewsbury Hall (22) - played really well on the couple of times I saw him
Garner (20) - absolute class though MU might want to try him at a higher level next year
Galbraith (20) - next cab off the ranks at MU. Very highly rated
Anjorin (19) - already played for first team. Can play deeper or further forward. Got the lot
Mejbri (18) - ignoring the insane hair this kid will be a top player. Maybe a bit young but very good AM
Elliott (18) - tore it up at Blackburn this year. Can play wide or as AM

Wingers
Elanga (19) - seen as successor to Martial. Quick and can finish with both feet
Chong (21) - another with Valderrama-esque hair. Not hit the heights expected when he signed but still a good player
Sessegnon (21) - I know he normally plays WB but plays as a winger for England U21s

Ryan Sessegnon - Played under Slavisa Jokanovic at Fulham and his future at Spurs not looking good at present. With Spurs not qualifying for CL Spurs may be forced into selling afew players or loan afew youngster out

We’ll be disadvantaged for the Man U boys so long as Rooney is still in place at derby as the majority of them will go there.

We’ll be disadvantaged for the Man U boys so long as Rooney is still in place at derby as the majority of them will go there.
Depends, I think Garner is out of their reach as they're no benefit for the player to go there.
This is where we have the advantage for the better young loanees. We offer an opportunity to come for a season, and if we do well even for them to stay next year so a real development path, just as we did with Hendo. That would certainly apply for Garner as he isn't getting into the Man Utd team any time soon and if he'd been to Forest first and then Watford, that's where I'd expect him to stay, but fortunately for us it was the other way around.
We have quite a unique selling point with the further development opportunities, and the link with Man Utd that we've done it before to great success for them and the player.
Question is, with Wilder gone, would he be a player on our radar or would we be mainly looking abroad?

Depends, I think Garner is out of their reach as they're no benefit for the player to go there.
This is where we have the advantage for the better young loanees. We offer an opportunity to come for a season, and if we do well even for them to stay next year so a real development path, just as we did with Hendo. That would certainly apply for Garner as he isn't getting into the Man Utd team any time soon.
We have quite a unique selling point with that.
I agree garner is probably the one standout from Man U as he already has champ loan experience so they’ll probably be looking for a fringe prem too champ loan for him like you say. The rest mengi, Galbraith, mejbri I can see going derby.

I agree garner is probably the one standout from Man U as he already has champ loan experience so they’ll probably be looking for a fringe prem too champ loan for him like you say. The rest mengi, Galbraith, mejbri I can see going derby.
It's about a balance anyway, you don't want to be carrying too many kids for a promotion challenge. Experience has it's place which is why I think some of the old guard have vital roles, even if I want all the midfield who played most of this year replaced.

With the expected loss of Berge and another couple of players I'd expect that we'd take advantage of the fact we can loan more than two players from Premier League clubs to supplement any permanent signings. Out of sheer boredom I thought I'd put together a list of a few potential loanees for the areas I think we'll need strengthening.

CB
Mengi (19) - absolute unit whose loan at Derby was cut short due to injury
Harwood Bellis (19) - very highly rated youngster who had a good season at Blackburn
Clarke Salter (23) - left sided CB somehow still on Chelsea's books
Guehi (20) - excellent season at Swansea

MF
Dewsbury Hall (22) - played really well on the couple of times I saw him
Garner (20) - absolute class though MU might want to try him at a higher level next year
Galbraith (20) - next cab off the ranks at MU. Very highly rated
Anjorin (19) - already played for first team. Can play deeper or further forward. Got the lot
Mejbri (18) - ignoring the insane hair this kid will be a top player. Maybe a bit young but very good AM
Elliott (18) - tore it up at Blackburn this year. Can play wide or as AM

Wingers
Elanga (19) - seen as successor to Martial. Quick and can finish with both feet
Chong (21) - another with Valderrama-esque hair. Not hit the heights expected when he signed but still a good player
Sessegnon (21) - I know he normally plays WB but plays as a winger for England U21s

Am I the only one who wants us to sign someone with insane hair?

They get plenty of stick on here, so credit where it's due to James Shield for his column yesterday around the links Mitchell began to cultivate with Marina Granovskaia at Chelsea. Moreover, that they seem to have developed a good professional relationship, which you would have thought helped secure Ampadu, when there would have been other clubs with bigger budgets, who would have also been interested. That move maybe didn't work out how many of us hoped, he was highly sought after and it was quite a coup given the pond where we were fishing. If nothing else it's a interesting take on what Mitchell could bring to us given he's possibly in a precarious position until Slav firms up his support team.

While I had a pop at James around his comments about other journalists he's pulled together an interesting piece here and it's adds something to the off-season discussion. - Cheers James.

While I'm not overly aware around the Chelsea youngsters aside from Gilmour and Gallagher both of whom you'd think had grown far beyond a Championship loan however if not I'm sure we'd love to have, and both would fit into that Mount/James category that Lampard had a Derby which effectively doped them with players far too good for the level. We know Chelsea's model with regards to loans, so there certainly is something we can look to take advantage of, and with us also having good links with Manchester United it looks like we could realistically expect to secure some really top targets for our level, if he stays in role.

Last edited:
They get plenty of stick on here, so credit where it's due to James Shield for his column yesterday around the links Mitchell began to cultivate with Marina Granovskaia at Chelsea. Moreover, that they seem to have developed a good professional relationship, which you would have thought helped secure Ampadu, when there would have been other clubs with bigger budgets, who would have also been interested. That move maybe didn't work out how many of us hoped, he was highly sought after and it was quite a coup given the pond where we were fishing. If nothing else it's a interesting take on what Mitchell could bring to us given he's possibly in a precarious position until Slav firms up his support team.

While I had a pop at James around his comments about other journalists he's pulled together an interesting piece here and it's adds something to the off-season discussion. - Cheers James.

While I'm not overly aware around the Chelsea youngsters aside from Gilmour and Gallagher both of whom you'd think had grown far beyond a Championship loan however if not I'm sure we'd love to have, and both would fit into that Mount/James category that Lampard had a Derby which effectively doped them with players far too good for the level. We know Chelsea's model with regards to loans, so there certainly is something we can look to take advantage of, and with us also having good links with Manchester United it looks like we could realistically expect to secure some really top targets for our level, if he stays in role.

Guehi would appear to be another standout after his year at Swansea. Especially if tomori does leave on a permanent a similar loan to buy could be on the table. Outside of that there’s not many of note that have previous loan experience plenty of youth internationals mind.

Guehi would appear to be another standout after his year at Swansea. Especially if tomori does leave on a permanent a similar loan to buy could be on the table. Outside of that there’s not many of note that have previous loan experience plenty of youth internationals mind.
Not seen much of him. Is he a potential Bash replacement on the right side of a 3?

Not seen much of him. Is he a potential Bash replacement on the right side of a 3?
I dunno if he’d be a like for like replacement for bash and he’s very different from ampadu. Going off his time at Swansea he’s strong and athletic with good pace for a centreback, enthusiastic in the tackle and has excellent passing range from deep. However he’s still not the finished product defensively and looks clumsy in the tackle at times giving away daft fouls. Not sure if he’d be suited to bombing on and crossing the ball but as a traditional passing centrehalf he looks good a bit reminiscent of Maguire on the ball.

I dunno if he’d be a like for like replacement for bash and he’s very different from ampadu. Going off his time at Swansea he’s strong and athletic with good pace for a centreback, enthusiastic in the tackle and has excellent passing range from deep. However he’s still not the finished product defensively and looks clumsy in the tackle at times giving away daft fouls. Not sure if he’d be suited to bombing on and crossing the ball but as a traditional passing centrehalf he looks good a bit reminiscent of Maguire on the ball.
He's an Egan then in our formation.
That wouldn't concern me as we need to be looking at a future upgrade/replacement but I just don't think this close season is the time, you also don't want a defence which is too young and inexperienced.
I'd personally still take Ampadu back with a view to buy, if he's open to a Championship loan, which I doubt.

That wouldn't concern me as we need to be looking at a future upgrade/replacement but I just don't think this close season is the time, you also don't want a defence which is too young and inexperienced.
I'd personally still take Ampadu back with a view to buy, if he's open to a Championship loan, which I doubt.
I still don’t know what ampadu is as a player I think his weaknesses in the air make him a midfielder more than a centrehalf. Right now Guehi is a traditional centrehalf but his strength and pace remind me of JOC he could be developed into a wider centrehalf but it’s not something he seems to have done before. He’s very confident with the ball at his feet I’d certainly be very interested in acquiring him if the opportunity is there.

I still don’t know what ampadu is as a player I think his weaknesses in the air make him a midfielder more than a centrehalf. Right now Guehi is a traditional centrehalf but his strength and pace remind me of JOC he could be developed into a wider centrehalf but it’s not something he seems to have done before. He’s very confident with the ball at his feet I’d certainly be very interested in acquiring him if the opportunity is there.
For me, the main weakness with Egan as the central player is his technical and passing ability. He's an enforcer back there. Strong, dominant, and aggressive but I felt our team needed to evolve so that he could bring the ball out, he could start attacks and he could get back if caught out of position. If we do continue with the structure we're created that is where that position should go. Good to have a kid to keep an eye on.
WRT Ampadu. I think his weakness' in the air can be worked on, but his ability on the ball make him a good choice to replace Bash. He's just suffered the confidence drain with the rest of the team which has seriously hampered the young players. Himself, Berge, Brewster, Rammers, even Bogle and Lowe. How difficult it must be to make a step up while also coming into a side changing almost constantly and having most of the experienced pro's injured and/or seriously out of form. It's a tough ask.

A year in the Championship with poorer opposition and hopefully a more settled team will bring many of them along as technically they are superior players to the others in their positions.

For me, the main weakness with Egan as the central player is his technical and passing ability. He's an enforcer back there. Strong, dominant, and aggressive but I felt our team needed to evolve so that he could bring the ball out, he could start attacks and he could get back if caught out of position. If we do continue with the structure we're created that is where that position should go. Good to have a kid to keep an eye on.
WRT Ampadu. I think his weakness' in the air can be worked on, but his ability on the ball make him a good choice to replace Bash. He's just suffered the confidence drain with the rest of the team which has seriously hampered the young players. Himself, Berge, Brewster, Rammers, even Bogle and Lowe. How difficult it must be to make a step up while also coming into a side changing almost constantly and having most of the experienced pro's injured and/or seriously out of form. It's a tough ask.

A year in the Championship with poorer opposition and hopefully a more settled team will bring many of them along as technically they are superior players to the others in their positions.
I’ve said before I’d be much more comfortable going through the highs and lows of developing ampadu if we were the ones who’d see the benefit but unless it’s a loan to buy we’d be the ones who see the mistakes and not the upside. Ideally the loans should be better than what we have right now and I’m not sure ampadu is at this stage.

I’ve said before I’d be much more comfortable going through the highs and lows of developing ampadu if we were the ones who’d see the benefit but unless it’s a loan to buy we’d be the ones who see the mistakes and not the upside. Ideally the loans should be better than what we have right now and I’m not sure ampadu is at this stage.
I think given where Bash is in his career he has to be seen as an improvement if, as you say an option can be stuck, even if they insert a buy back.

I think given where Bash is in his career he has to be seen as an improvement if, as you say an option can be stuck, even if they insert a buy back.
If there’s an option in there then yeah I’m all for it.

"Our formation" meaning Wilder's formation or "our formation" as in Jokanovic's formation?

"Our formation" meaning Wilder's formation or "our formation" as in Jokanovic's formation?
The formation we've implemented throughout our age groups and into the Blades World clubs.
Jokanovics formation isn't going to be worlds away from that.

I've said a few times on here that if the price/deal was right I could really see Ampadu as Bash's long term replacement.

Easily his best spell for us was when he had an extended run at LCB and he got forward really well but because he's right footed he got forward but then switched inside onto his right foot thus slowing the attack down.

He wouldn't have that issue at RCB.

The formation we've implemented throughout our age groups and into the Blades World clubs.
Jokanovics formation isn't going to be worlds away from that.

If this is the case (I'm skeptical) I can't help worry somewhat about the season ahead. I feel the formation should be dictated by the coach/manager, rather than the club. Surely it would be easier for us to alter the approach of the youth teams, to suit the first team, rather than the other way around?

As far as I can tell, Jokanovic's previous success has been using 4 at the back. Getting us up will be a tough enough job without dictating the formation he can use.

As for United world, the whole structure practically relies on having a PL club at the top of the tree: getting back up should be prioritised over playing the same system as what are essentially feeder teams.

Back
Top Bottom