Player Suggestion Prem frees

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn't Tarkowski at Burnley being tracked by a couple of established Prem teams towards the end of our first season back in there? Has he gone downhill since then or suffered a bad injury or am I confusing him with somebody else? 🤔

Wasn't Tarkowski at Burnley being tracked by a couple of established Prem teams towards the end of our first season back in there? Has he gone downhill since then or suffered a bad injury or am I confusing him with somebody else? 🤔

He's ran his contract down at Burnley. Expected to join Newcastle in the summer

No ambition as usual
The scary thing is that he's a CB in a defence that will likely get relegated from the PL and he's probably going to go and earn himself about £3.5m a year in wages alone. As much as I want us to be competing at the highest possible level, we haven't got a chance when you consider what people are paid, we will never pay this kind of premium for players.

Yes he's been in England squads as well.

To save everyone time; it's the EFL free agents we should be watching YouTube videos of. I don't mean that in a "we're poor" or "no ambition" way... But these Prem "free" transfers are not suitable for various reasons (age, wage, ability). There are some absolutely blinding deals to be had in the EFL market however (this summer).

This is relative to staying down. Don't laugh or smear. Tom Eaves from Hull, as a target man sub - the Madine/Wayne Alluson role - he could do a job, especially if McBurnie is injured for the start of the season. It's just a thought and they liked him at Hull but apparently thry want players to push for the PL🤣. Eaves will do a decent job for someone and in the role I've suggested I think he could for us. Someone in that last 20 to hold it up, not give defenders an easy head out/a release ball, Eaves would be perfect for that. Don't get me wrong, if we can sign someone better/younger more mobile/skilfull like Davis from villa then great, but if money is tight and we need to spend it in other areas - midfield - Eaves would do a job in the role I suggested.

People on this board scoffed when I suggested Madine, that didn't work out too bad in my view and Madine is still playing at this level and bossed us when he played this season at the lane. Madine also had never scored many at this level but in the role eaves would play his main role is not to score but to be a focal point/release ball when were under the cosh. That can cause space for others like Ndiaye to feed off.

I've got my tin hat on waiting for the responses!
Wouldn't mind seeing Madine return, can still do a decent job.

Wouldn't mind seeing Madine return, can still do a decent job.
He's just signed a new contract though so that's not gonna happen. I'd take him back too if available. I notice there's a couple of high scorers in League One Alfie May and Cole Stockton, both 28, both scored 23 goals for average or less than average League One teams. Stockton is available on a free as he's out of contract, I don't know much about either but it's just a thought that they'd no doubt give their all to be here and they could do a decent job for us for not much cost, or no transfer fee respectively.

He's just signed a new contract though so that's not gonna happen. I'd take him back too if available. I notice there's a couple of high scorers in League One Alfie May and Cole Stockton, both 28, both scored 23 goals for average or less than average League One teams. Stockton is available on a free as he's out of contract, I don't know much about either but it's just a thought that they'd no doubt give their all to be here and they could do a decent job for us for not much cost, or no transfer fee respectively.

I don't know much about either of those tbh B4 - it is worth bearing in mind what a step-up it is between L1 and Champ. Jebbison being a good example. - able to perform (albeit a bit in & out of the side at times) and score a few in L1, then looking miles & miles away from being ready in the Champ.

It will be interesting to see what PH does wrt strikers over summer - with Brewster, Sharp, McBurnie and Ndiaye (although I still see him a more of a #10), he could probably do with a physical lump and a tricky/speedy option. I can't see Jebbison or Osula getting a look in once the others are fit so would be suitable for a season away on loan. I would imagine he may try to get a loan in in either of the profiles I mention with more attention being required in def and mid depending on how many leave.

I don't know much about either of those tbh B4 - it is worth bearing in mind what a step-up it is between L1 and Champ. Jebbison being a good example. - able to perform (albeit a bit in & out of the side at times) and score a few in L1, then looking miles & miles away from being ready in the Champ.

It will be interesting to see what PH does wrt strikers over summer - with Brewster, Sharp, McBurnie and Ndiaye (although I still see him a more of a #10), he could probably do with a physical lump and a tricky/speedy option. I can't see Jebbison or Osula getting a look in once the others are fit so would be suitable for a season away on loan. I would imagine he may try to get a loan in in either of the profiles I mention with more attention being required in def and mid depending on how many leave.
Midfield is the priority to sort as there's so little competition. I'd like someone like Lucas João, not him because we're skint but maybe a loan like him!?

Alfie Mawson at Fulham, contract up in June Hecky had him at Barnsley and got a big move to the prem. Wouldn’t surprise me if we were interested.
Mawson is a very good shout but I would imagine hes gonna want more money than we will pay.

I mentioned Ashley Barnes previously as a big.lump who would be useful up front. However I also think at some point we really have to find out whether Lopata, Jebbo, Osula and Neal are good.enough and we will only find that out by playing them

Harry Cornick would be a decent shout and Billy Mitchell and Harrison Burrows as young players that might have a lot of improvement in them.

We should be able to tempt a couple of Derby's players shouldnt we!??

Alfie Mawson rumoured to off to Wycombe. Surprised he's not had offers from Championship clubs.

Alfie Mawson rumoured to off to Wycombe. Surprised he's not had offers from Championship clubs.
He's barely played football recently. I did wonder, when someone pointed out he'd played under Hecky... But he'll want to try and establish himself as a regular in a starting line up. L1 makes sense.

Have we got a back up keeper contracted? Forster would do for me

Back
Top Bottom