Player Suggestion Prem frees

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We need to be looking at lower end championship/league 1 released list really.
For the ones on that list that would improve us, other clubs will offer them better deals.

Would take the two Brentford defenders, even given their age given how short we are back there.
Musonda is a punt, decent age, could go either way.
Clarke-Salter would be the most realistic on the list, but other championship teams would be interested.
Kenny and Fredericks possibly good competition for Bogle (Baldock making way). Fredericks is rapid, something we don't have a lot of.
Longstaff showed promise but hasn't really fulfilled it, don't think a prem team would take a punt, like Clarke-Salter though, would generate interest from wealthier championship sides than us.

I forgot Karius was still a Liverpool player.

Is that the good Longstaff? Should only be looking at the younger ones.

Karius at 28 would be some signing... but he'll go to some European giant and sit on the bench

Tarkowski has run down his contract to move away from Burnley to a bigger club. I hate to say it but it would take Massive amounts of delusion to think he'd ever sign for us.

He'd be on the bench as Egan's backup anyway 🤣
I know, was just naming the only 2 worth a mention really.

Is jonjoe kenny a left back or right back?

• I’d take Clarke salter 100%
  • Jack cork I’d have if he wasn’t too pricey.
  • Pascal gross too at 31 he could be worth a 2 year deal. 31 isn’t too old for his role.
  • musonda I’d roll the dice on but I don’t actually think he’s very good. He’s played about 35 games in his career and he’s 25. Be fun though.

I’d be interested to see the championship list, suspect that would be more interesting.

I think Longstaff is being offered a new deal or at least it was talked about.

He'd be a reasonable shout if we were to go up and we could offer him a more prominent role than Newcastle can.

Then again they could probably offer him 60k per week now just to bench warm. He's starting for Newcastle tonight.

Don't wish to be ageist but you have to be careful filling the squad with over 30s. We have a few of our own coming up already.

Clarke-Salter on the face of it but if he can only compete with JLT then how do you sell that one? If he can cover Egan and LWB it might be an easier sell. If Leeds were also interested then he'll be directly competing with their captain.

Not seen enough of Groß but he has decent stats at Brighton.

Last edited:
Is jonjoe kenny a left back or right back?

• I’d take Clarke salter 100%
  • Jack cork I’d have if he wasn’t too pricey.
  • Pascal gross too at 31 he could be worth a 2 year deal. 31 isn’t too old for his role.
  • musonda I’d roll the dice on but I don’t actually think he’s very good. He’s played about 35 games in his career and he’s 25. Be fun though.

I’d be interested to see the championship list, suspect that would be more interesting.
According to Everton fans I know, he is neither a defender or a footballer. They dont rate him as good enough for Championship level.

Id go Pascal Gross. Probably the old "wages" would be the issue though.

I'd take Vydra if we could
As mentioned by the OP, I think Vydra's out with a cruciate ligament injury, which may be career ending!. I hope he makes a full recovery, but that puts paid to us thinking of signing him.

The only 2 on the list of interest imo are Longstaff & Clarke-Salter. With the 'not too distant future' in mind!, both are good enough to claim a place in our First Team and young enough to improve given the fresh impetus that a change of club and new challenge would bring to their careers!.
Whether their wage demands will be the market we can/will be able to shop in, only time will tell!

If we're PL - JCS, Fredericks, Karius

If we're Championship - Vydra, JCS, Hourihane, Shane Long

I would take absolutely none of these on a free. All will either be on the decline or asking too much in wages. Not our market i'm afraid.

I have no idea whats coming this summer should we not go up/get taken over but am I the only one who remembers the whole reason Heck go the job and what he's tasked with doing?

Just watched it back and I don't remember the point where he had a little dig at the facilities either

I think Ashley Barnes is worth a shot, built like a brick shit house and someone for the younger lads to play off. Hed also give us a plan B. Wages would have to be realistic though.

I think people may have to lower their expectations on the type of player likely to be signed over summer.

Chelsea players would have been a stretch even on Prem budget.

I expect, Champ, L1 and the odd foreign signing - I'd be amazed if any of those listed joined.

I think people may have to lower their expectations on the type of player likely to be signed over summer.

Chelsea players would have been a stretch even on Prem budget.

I expect, Champ, L1 and the odd foreign signing - I'd be amazed if any of those listed joined.
Depends plenty of former Chelsea youngsters have dropped to the championship once they leave Chelsea. Swift and McEachran spring to mind one obviously a success the other not but it happens. Others drop even further down the pyramid but Clarke-Salter has the reputation to get a champ move maybe a prem one but he’d be wise to go champ and keep getting game time.

Brooks? surely not
Bournemouth will surely do right by him and at least offer him an extension whilst he is recovering but should he get himself fit at any point next year and he needs game time he’d be an interesting loan signing.

Plenty of good players in this years free agents from the championship, will be a competitive market though as most clubs in the league will be interested in these players.

Alfie Mawson.... Whats happened to him? Wasnt he called up for England not that long ago and moving for big money? Will Hecky have had him at Barnsley? Could be worth looking at.

This is relative to staying down. Don't laugh or smear. Tom Eaves from Hull, as a target man sub - the Madine/Wayne Alluson role - he could do a job, especially if McBurnie is injured for the start of the season. It's just a thought and they liked him at Hull but apparently thry want players to push for the PL🤣. Eaves will do a decent job for someone and in the role I've suggested I think he could for us. Someone in that last 20 to hold it up, not give defenders an easy head out/a release ball, Eaves would be perfect for that. Don't get me wrong, if we can sign someone better/younger more mobile/skilfull like Davis from villa then great, but if money is tight and we need to spend it in other areas - midfield - Eaves would do a job in the role I suggested.

People on this board scoffed when I suggested Madine, that didn't work out too bad in my view and Madine is still playing at this level and bossed us when he played this season at the lane. Madine also had never scored many at this level but in the role eaves would play his main role is not to score but to be a focal point/release ball when were under the cosh. That can cause space for others like Ndiaye to feed off.

I've got my tin hat on waiting for the responses!

Back
Top Bottom