Preferred pairing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Preferred front two

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horses for courses. It will swap about between now and the end of the season. What I do reckon is that the Madine & McGoldrick pairing will hardly be seen.
Do agree it will be horses for courses... which may mean McGoldrick playing as well as a pairing of two of the other above when the situation warrants it.

The beauty is all 4 strikers are excellent and offer something different, so I’m not massively fussed who plays.

If I had to choose would probably go for Sharp and Madine but if either of both drop their form or need a rest then I’m fine with playing Hogan and McGoldrick, also McG has shown that he can replace Duffy (in a fashion) by playing the attacking midfielder role.
It’s been an absolutely fantastic JTW and we now have plenty of options and that’s what’s needed towards the end of a long season.

Seems strange having this vote after so long being told we were bereft of options and totally lacking pace and finishers.
Now there's a plerethera of pairings
A cornucopia of duos
A daicotomy of selection options

Remember at Xmas when we had to put Tyler smith on the bench because we didn't have any fit strikers

Any opposing defenders aren't going to like seeing any of those names on the sheet, very strong and all bring something different to the party.

Hogan will start scoring soon, thought he looked lively, Big Gaz is already off the mark, as for the other 2, nothing more needs adding.

This is going to be one of the best run ins for years, can't wait for Saturday, and the Monday after. Brilliant time to be a Blade

Who cares? Every good team needs 4 good strikers. Really like the look of Hogan think he is the natural replacement for Billy. I don’t think we’ve had a player like Madine since the original Deano.

Sharp and Madine I guess, but it may largely be dictated by the opponent.

The most potent, without question, is Hogan and Sharp.

The least effective is likely to be McG and Madine.

But beyond that, the collective is strong and I can see lots of rotations both in terms of starts, and also to change things up from off the bench.

UTB

The most potent, without question, is Hogan and Sharp.

The least effective is likely to be McG and Madine.

But beyond that, the collective is strong and I can see lots of rotations both in terms of starts, and also to change things up from off the bench.

UTB

It’s not ‘without question’ at all. I hereby question it. Anyone who wouldn’t include Madine at the moment is barking mad or on a juvenile, self-indulgent mission.

Sharp and Madine with McGoldrick in behind.

Madine's form at the moment dictates that he starts. Opponents will still be coming to grips with how to deal with us with him in the team. We're a different proposition. As a bonus, him and Sharp already look to have a good understanding.

McGoldrick doesn't deserve to be dropped though, and he's been in better form than Duffy. If he can do the positional and off the ball side of things reasonably well then he can start in the deeper role, and we'll have a very potent front 3 full of goals.

It’s not ‘without question’ at all. I hereby question it. Anyone who wouldn’t include Madine at the moment is barking mad or on a juvenile, self-indulgent mission.
Potent, dear boy, is the suggestion that said pairing would have the most goals in it. In all likelihood. IMHO.

The respective career track records would suggest this to be so. I have no doubt Madine will continue to be a very important signing, providing the obvious qualities that he possesses. I am delighted he is now a Blade, as he is the best “target” man (I do so hate that phrase but we all know what it is taken to mean) that we have had in ages.

Do calm down. You’ll do yourself a turn :)

UTB

Last edited:
Sharp’s demonstrably the best striker we have at the minute, and should play wherever possible currently (depending on fitness info Wilder is privy to). That’s not Bladey Blade Bladeness but reflective of the fact he’s currently one of the division’s top goalscorers. Who plays with him is currently tricky – and frankly I’m happy with either McGoldrick or Madine doing that as regardless of who it is it looks a potent pairing. Too early to tell for Hogan, but I don’t rule him out of making the case.

It is possibly the end of His Excellency General Washington. He will be remembered for his assist on Clarke’s winner at Brentford.

Potent, dear boy, is the suggestion that said pairing would have the most goals in it. In all likelihood. IMHO.

The respective career track records would suggest this to be so. I have no doubt Madine will continue to be a very important signing, providing the obvious qualities that he possesses. I am delighted he is now a Blade, as he is the best “target” man (I do so hate that phrase but we all know what is taken to mean) that we have had in ages.

Do calm down. You’ll do yourself a turn :)

UTB

I’ve not taken my medication today! I would suggest, manically, that you can’t necessarily calculate the most potent pairing simply by adding together their individual goals totals.

I’ve not taken my medication today! I would suggest, manically, that you can’t necessarily calculate the most potent pairing simply by adding together their individual goals totals.
Then I am sure you will devise some Pinchy style formula that would enable Mr Wilder to do so.

The most “potent” IS Sharp and Hogan. Trust me :). Your blinkered (from day one it has to be said) view on the abilities of Sharp is clouding your judgement. Maybe.

I am CATEGORICALLY NOT stating they they might be the best option, week in week out. That, clearly is not the case, and is dismissive of what the others can bring. Which is much.

UTB

Then I am sure you will devise some Pinchy style formula that would enable Mr Wilder to do so.

The most “potent” IS Sharp and Hogan. Trust me :). Your blinkered (from day one it has to be said) view on the abilities of Sharp is clouding your judgement. Maybe.

I am CATEGORICALLY NOT stating they they might be the best option, week in week out. That, clearly is not the case, and is dismissive of what the others can bring. Which is much.

UTB

Leon. Leon...

65ABAF30-40A6-46DE-AFEA-CD59C8554E36.jpeg

The Lion of Hillsborough. :)

Horses for courses. They all bring summat different to the team. Will depend on their fitness levels, current form and the opposition to some extent.

Sorry to spoil the debate - but that's the one and only sensible answer.

No idea. I haven’t seen all the combinations play together on more than one occasion yet. In fact, I’ve not seen that much of Madine (so far so good) and even less of Hogan.

Maybe CW will out-Bielsa Bielsa and go 154.

Its the strongest forward line we have had in years, whichever combo plays there are goals in it. Last time we had 4 genuine quality goal scorers all vying for a start was Deane/Fjortoft/Saunders/Marcelo. And if we hadn't sold Deane/Fjortoft on the same day we would have gone up that year. Thank fuck the window has closed.

We also have to think about the front 2 when the opposition have the ball and how we set up. All 4 players have goals in them but for example against Leeds away I don’t go with Madine because I think Sharp and Didsy are better at playing higher and causing mistakes. Same as West Brom, where as against the pigs and Rotherham I would play madine

Back
Top Bottom